• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Singles Rate Thread [READ THE FIRST POST + FOLLOW THE FORMAT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurath8

^That Torterra would really appreciate Rock Slide, as it covers all it's weaknesses perfectly. Consider using it over either Synthesis or Seed Bomb.

Haxorus can't learn Stone Edge, so use Rock Slide instead.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
^That Torterra would really appreciate Rock Slide, as it covers all it's weaknesses perfectly. Consider using it over either Synthesis or Seed Bomb.

Haxorus can't learn Stone Edge, so use Rock Slide instead.

Noted, I like rock slide because I play alot of doubles, Haxorus should be able to use it quite efficiently w/ the flinch % chance and all, Torterra on the other hand is going to be so slow, no chances of flinching will happen, I really wanted to use a pokemon that can abuse Toxic/Protect, maybe he will be the one, pokemons almost out i have to decide quick

monkeyman192

simply bored
@aura sensai: i'm not using it as defensive... what makes you think that?
i cant chnge ev's and nature anyway as i have already trained in up to lvl 100.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
@aura sensai: i'm not using it as defensive... what makes you think that?
i cant chnge ev's and nature anyway as i have already trained in up to lvl 100.

Well using Charge and all , plus the EV's convinced me.

Sorry about that.

Like Aurawarrior said use Rock Slide on Haxy.

monkeyman192

simply bored
Well using Charge and all , plus the EV's convinced me.

Sorry about that.

Well I included charge as I figured it would boost the power of thunderbolt by more than if I just used thunder (which would have also been less likely to hit...)
I did the EV's the way they are by looking at ampharos' base stats and concluded that it's defense was quite low, and so if I wanted to have it as an attacking unit I needed to give it more defense. It has naturally fairly decent HP, thus why I put no EV's in that stats. I was basically trying to make it all rounded but still with strong attack and a defense that would hold up pretty well against non super-effective attacks.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
So I found some pokemon i'll be using

Magmortar@choice scarf?
Ability:Flame Body
Nature: Timid
252 Speed 252 Sp.A
-Heat Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power?

Pidgeot@Leftovers
Ability:Big Pecks
Nature: Jolly
252 HP 252 Speed
-Tailwind
-Fly
-U-Turn
-Toxic

Metagross@choice band
Ability:clear body
Nature: adamant
252 Attack 252 Speed
-Bullet Punch
-earthquake
-trick?
-Zen headbutt

This is an in game team so, let me know what you think ;D

Aurath8

Flamethrower > Heat Wave on Magmortar for accuracy.

Ice Punch > Zen Headbutt on Metagross to hit Ground types.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
decided to run with fire blast and focus blast on magmortar i want the most power i can get ;p and i might use an accuracy boosting item to help with the missing.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
If you use HP at all , use HP [Grass].

Choice Scarf > Band , and Iron Head > Bullet Punch on Metagross.

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Was thinking more along the lines of Hidden Power Ice along with thunder bolt for good ol bolt beam, then fire blast andfocus blast for raw power,
the metagross looks good

Well, its a miracle that the only gamestop close to me was doing the keldeo event..I realize that keldeo has not been out long enough for sufficient strategies to be developed but I'd thought that I would check with you guys anyway. I'm primarily going to be using Keldeo for in-game/E4 only, so I was thinking about a timid/modest nature but with two main special attacks, the other two could be physical (making it a mixed sweeper) or status causing moves, I'm not sure yet. And if I make it a mixed attacker (even though its attack stat is not great most of the moves it can learn are physical) I might not want a nature that reduces attack.

Keldeo@not sure yet
Ability:Justified
Nature: Modest/Timid/Mild...???
252 SpA 252 Speed
-Surf/scald (I'm probably going to use surf since its for in game only)
-Secret Sword (special fighting type move)
-Return??
-X-Scissor?? (to counter its weakness to psychic types)

Oh, and does anyone know if you can reset for the nature on keldeo like you usually can for the other promotional give aways?

Last edited:

Aurath8

^Calm Mind > Return to boost Spatk. 72 Base attack is pretty bad, even after a Swords Dance.

Hidden Power[Ice]/Icy Wind > X-scissor. They're literally the only other special non-Water/Fighting/Normal type move that Keldeo learns. Anyway, it hits Dragons and Grass types, which might give you trouble.

You can soft reset for natures, hidden power type etc. Go for a Timid / Modest nature.

^Calm Mind > Return to boost Spatk. 72 Base attack is pretty bad, even after a Swords Dance.

Hidden Power[Ice]/Icy Wind > X-scissor. They're literally the only other special non-Water/Fighting/Normal type move that Keldeo learns. Anyway, it hits Dragons and Grass types, which might give you trouble.

You can soft reset for natures, hidden power type etc. Go for a Timid / Modest nature.

Thank you very much :). I was dismissing icy wind because it wasn't very powerful, but the type coverage would be nice. So I'll dismiss using any physical attacks then. I forgot that you can check its hp type without having to save.

chap196

Infernape @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability Blaze
Nature Jolly
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
- Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Stone Edge/Shadow Claw

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability Blaze
Nature Mild
74 Special Attack/ 178 Attack/ 252 Speed
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Stone Edge/Shadow Claw

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Infernape @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability Blaze
Nature Jolly
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Stone Edge/Shadow Claw

You can't afford to use Flare Blitz with LO or you'll get beaten down.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability Blaze
Nature Mild
74 Special Attack/ 178 Attack/ 252 Speed
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Stone Edge/Shadow Claw

Comments in Bold.

chap196

For Aura Sensai
I will put Fire Punch as a option because I may use Choice Band on Infernape. Thanks for the suggestion.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
drapion lv 50
no held item thinking on black sludge however
docile
battle armor(would have prefered sniper)
sludge bomb(I want to replace it with cross poison)
sword dance
x-scissor
earthquake
any suggestions any at all :)

chap196

I need a set for arcanine that can not use egg moves and is in Black 2, so move tutors are ok. GO!

Here is a good set for Arcanine with no egg move

Arcanine @Life Orb
Nature Mild/Rash
Ability Justified/Intimidate/Flash Fire
78 Attack/ 178 Special Attack/ 252 Speed
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Wild Charge
-Dragon Pulse
-Extream Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.