• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Singles Rate Thread [Read the Rules and Follow the Format]

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish/Careful
EV: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Gastro Acid

That would work? I have a Careful nature Shuckle on Y but then i cannot get Stealth Rock... I just checked and i have two more Careful Shuckle on B2, but with Contrary. Is the Ability Capsule able to swith to Sturdy? Then i can keep the Dream Ball it is in.

It is able to, yes. But since you have Contrary, the Hidden Ability and Shuckle has 2 regular abilities you'd have a 50/50 chance to get Sturdy. Also, yes that would work (what you posted)

Buuz

Smash Trainer
It is able to, yes. But since you have Contrary, the Hidden Ability and Shuckle has 2 regular abilities you'd have a 50/50 chance to get Sturdy. Also, yes that would work (what you posted)

Well if i really need Sturdy i can save before i use the capsule, then i can keep trying until i get it.

As far as I know, it's impossible to switch from or to a Hidden Ability with an Ability Capsule.

Well if it is, i can live with Contrary. I will use it in Double Battles so my Clefable can use Follow me. Then my Shuckle can lay down some nasty traps. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish/Careful
EV: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Gastro Acid

That would work? I have a Careful nature Shuckle on Y but then i cannot get Stealth Rock... I just checked and i have two more Careful Shuckle on B2, but with Contrary. Is the Ability Capsule able to switch to Sturdy? Then i can keep the Dream Ball it is in.

Ability capsule would only switch between sturdy and gluttony, as contrary is its hidden ability. On the other hand, contrary would actually be better on shuckle as it'd then make it more annoying to kill depending on what moves the enemy runs (moves like crunch, psychic, and even focus blast would have a chance at increasing shuckle's defenses, rather than lowering them).

So I want to run a mega venasaur.

I plan on going with bold nature with amnesia. Or a careful nature with curse.

venasaur @ venasaurite
Ability: thickfat
Nature: bold
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
- Amnesia
- Giga drain
- Sludge Bomb/ Venoshock
- Synthesis/ Ingrain/ Toxic

venasaur @ venasaurite
Nature: careful
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
- Curse
- Power whip
- Earthquake
- Synthesis/ Ingrain/ Toxic/ Amnesia?

venasaur @ venasaurite
Nature: relaxed/ sassy
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def, 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpDef
- Curse
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Amnesia

I need some help. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Been thinking of making an Eevolution to use, but not quite sure on how to approach it.

I have a Timid Eevee with Wish/Yawn/Curse and a shiny Timid with Wish. I could re-breed the Wish/Yawn/Curse one into another nature.

The shiny one might work as an Espeon, I like this build for Espeon, but I don't have HP: Fighting.:
espeon.gif

Espeon @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

If I re-breed the other one into bold, this is the Sylveon I like, but 1) I'd have to breed for female, because male Sylveon doesn't make sense to me, and 2) Unsure on Pixilate or Cute Charm:
sylveon.gif

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate?
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Nature: Bold
- Wish
- Protect
- Moon Blast
- Shadow Ball / Baton Pass / Toxic / Heal Bell

Any tips on these two, or maybe other possible moves to compensate for the ones I can't get (Like HP: Fighting)

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Salamence @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head/Steel Wing
- Dragon Claw/Dragon Rush
- ?

Can anyone help me with this set? Dragon Dance is for setting up, Dragon Claw/Rush for STAB and Steel Wing/Iron Head for coverage on Ice, Rock and Fairy types. Depending on where i get the Bagon egg i can teach Bagon the move Iron Head in B2. Can any of you recommend me a move for the last slot? Thanks!

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I'd say replace your steel with earthquake, go for another attack boosting nature and include Fire Blast so you aren't walled to death.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Alright so i got some Naughty Bagon. Here's my new idea.

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Nature: Naughty
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/Hydro Pump

Since daddy is a Gyarados the Bagon can get Hydro Pump. Would it be better than Fire Blast on this dragon or not?

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Alright so i got some Naughty Bagon. Here's my new idea.

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Nature: Naughty
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/Hydro Pump

Since daddy is a Gyarados the Bagon can get Hydro Pump. Would it be better than Fire Blast on this dragon or not?

Fire Blast would be far better on this. Since one of Salamence's greatest weaknesses is Ice, Fire Blast can give it a means to take out Ice types that would come in on it. Furthermore, the combo of Fire, Ground, and Dragon has perfect neutral coverage and better super-effective coverage than if you replaced your Fire Blast with Hydro Pump. Throw in the fact that Fire Blast is more accurate and having a Water move in its place would allow Whimsicott to wall you, and you'll see there's really no reason to run Hydro Pump over it.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Fire Blast would be far better on this. Since one of Salamence's greatest weaknesses is Ice, Fire Blast can give it a means to take out Ice types that would come in on it. Furthermore, the combo of Fire, Ground, and Dragon has perfect neutral coverage and better super-effective coverage than if you replaced your Fire Blast with Hydro Pump. Throw in the fact that Fire Blast is more accurate and having a Water move in its place would allow Whimsicott to wall you, and you'll see there's really no reason to run Hydro Pump over it.

I see. Well alright, i'll go with Fire Blast and Dragon Claw then. Can't rely on Dragon Rush's shaky accuracy.. Thanks guys, i'll probably be back soon.

DannyDark

Cloyster*@ Focus Sash
Skill Link
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

I know Cloyster is defensive but focus sash allows me to definitely get a shell smash off..
Also I want to give it ice shard but I really can't see any room with Razor Shell being needed for steel coverage...

Not an experienced battler though, so any suggestions would be nice!

Onyx Tanuki

Cloyster*@ Focus Sash
Skill Link
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

I know Cloyster is defensive but focus sash allows me to definitely get a shell smash off..
Also I want to give it ice shard but I really can't see any room with Razor Shell being needed for steel coverage...

Not an experienced battler though, so any suggestions would be nice!

Just because he has good Defense doesn't mean Cloyster is all that good a defensive pokemon. He's got meh typing defensively and has low enough HP to offset his astronomical Defense. He might be good defensively as a wall against Ice and Water types, but otherwise isn't too good on that front. He can Spin away hazards, but being weak to Rock and not immune to the ground-lying hazards doesn't help it any in that regard.

That said, you did pick pretty much the best set you can have for him offensively. Razor Shell and Icicle Spear both are great physical STABs for it, while both Icicle Spear and Rock Blast benefit greatly from Skill Link. Shell Smash is one of the best set-up moves out there, despite the loss of defenses, and works especially well with Focus Sash to help Cloyster survive the initial attack against it. You'll want to be especially careful against priority users, however, who can knock him to 1 HP with a powerful attack then pick off the last hit point. If you're willing to forgo Razor Shell or Rock Blast, you could give him Ice Shard to help counteract this weakness, but unless the opponent is just as frail as Cloyster is, all you'll likely end up doing is knocking a chunk out of their HP before getting killed off, and you'd be sacrificing some good coverage to do it. I'd also recommend King's Rock if you think you can pull off a Shell Smash and survive the retaliatory hit; with the +2 Speed boost from Shell Smash you'll very likely move faster than the opponent and have a good chance to Flinch them with Icicle Spear or Rock Blast, but if you go for a Flinch set you'll probably also want to swap to Jolly nature.

Raikou_fan

I've been thinking about pokemon for my ORAS team, and I've decided I want to use a Milotic. I've already got a shiny Feebas that I'm hoping to transfer over and use, but I have no idea what to do with it. I've looked around online and no one can seem to agree upon a good Milotic build, so I'm trying to come up with something on my own. I was thinking something like this:

Milotic @ Leftovers
Competitive/Marvel Scale
Modest
256 HP, 256 Def, 4 SpA
-Scald/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Haze

That's just kind of my rough shot at it, though. I was thinking maybe that that EV spread it could be a bulky special attacker?

Then as far as the ability goes, I have absolutely no idea. It can definitely benefit from the Def boost that comes from Marvel Scale, but in that case it still has to deal with status conditions. Since the most common status thrown at bulky waters is poison, that means its time would be limited anyway. Competitive would probably not be hard to activate, with all of the stat-lowering moves, sticky web, and intimidate that gets thrown around. However, it is completely dependent on the opponent, and I'm not sure if it would be worth it to use over Marvel Scale.

It has some interesting attack options, but I thought this might be best. I've had awful luck with Hydro pump's accuracy, so I didn't really consider it. Scald is great for the burn chance, but Surf has that little extra power that might be nice. With the coverage that comes from water/ice, Ice beam was just kind of a given. Recover helps its longevity, especially with the lower bulk from the modest nature. I chose Haze over Dragon tail to get around substitutes and hit fairies. I had thought about putting Mirror Coat in there somewhere too. It could be a nice surprise, and with Milotic's great special bulk, it could definitely get a shot off. It takes a lot of prediction, though, and I'm not sure what I would replace for it. I also checked its hidden power, and unfortunately it's dark, so that's useless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Onyx Tanuki

Crossposting from the Competitive Singles thread. A few more attempts at unique sets for use in RU (possibly NU) tier...

----------

103.png

Exeggutor @ Jacoba/Rowap Berry
Harvest
Calm/Bold
252 HP, 252 Def/SpDef, 4 SpAtt
- Giga Drain/Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed/Sunny Day

Yes, folks, there's other berries out there besides Sitrus and Lum! And this is the idea behind this set. With Jacoba and Rowap Berries being recovered with Harvest, Exeggutor essentially has a Rocky Helmet that has lower damage and a chance to fail to trigger, but also doesn't require contact to function. Honestly any combination of the suggested items and EVs could work: if you go with Jacoba and physical defense or with Rowap and special defense, you have a tough wall that could absorb a lot of abuse on one side and dish it right back out with its berry, while equipping the berry that'd correspond to the user's weaker defensive stat will make the opponent think twice about trying to focus on that type of defense. Of course, since we're removing the healing from Sitrus Berry, I've given it a mostly defensive moveset, with the option of Giga Drain or Energy Ball for its Grass STAB and Psyshock for Psychic STAB so it's not walled completely by specially-defensive pokemon. Synthesis acts as main healing move. For the last moveslot, we could go for Leech Seed to further bolster Exeggutor's recovery as well as chip away at the opponent, or we could go with Sunny Day, allowing it to activate Harvest every turn as well as have better healing from Synthesis at the cost of exaggerating its Fire weakness. This set could probably be used with nearly any berry, honestly, with Tanga Berry being the one that sticks out in my head the most to blunt Exeggutor's double-weakness to Bug, or any of the other berries that can "eliminate" one of its weaknesses (Occa, Yache, Kebia, Coba, Kasib, or Colbur), or a Chilan to simulate Normal resistance. And of course Lum and Sitrus are still great options too.

----------

567.png

Archeops @ Choice Specs
Defeatist
Modest/Timid
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Rock/Flying]/Ancient Power

Archeops has an awesome Special Attack stat, but unfortunately it seldom sees use as a special attacker thanks to a lack of good STAB attacks on the special side. However, if you're willing to overlook this, it could make a decent Choice user on the special side. Earth Power, Dragon Pulse, and Heat Wave have perfect neutral coverage together, so the choice of what to use for its STAB is really dependent on what your team already covers. Rock covers more things than Flying when combined with the other three moves, but Ancient Power has the same power as HP Rock as well as a small chance to beef up Archeops' stats across the board, but at the cost of a LOT of PP. Then again, this guy is mostly a revenge killer, so having a high amount of PP may not really matter in the long run. Probably its biggest downside is the lack of a switch initiative move; physical Band/Scarf Archeops could U-Turn out, but special Archeops doesn't have that option unless you sacrifice its STAB for it (which, in all honesty, isn't too bad a trade, since even with a neutral nature Archeops' Attack is through the roof). Due to Defeatist, it'd work better with a Wish passer, or if you knock out anything that outspeeds it, has priority (especially Aqua Jet or Ice Shard), or could survive a hit from it before sweeping with it.

Last edited:

cloverover

Scrafty
Shed Skin
252 atk/252 def/4 spa
- Feint Attack
- Power-up punch
- bulk-up
- dig

I don't know how easy it is to tell, but I'm very new to this. I wanted to try and create a good pokemon for my team without referencing smogon movesets, to see how well I could grasp strategy. Any and all critiques and suggestions are appreciated!

Onyx Tanuki

Scrafty
Shed Skin
252 atk/252 def/4 spa
- Feint Attack
- Power-up punch
- bulk-up
- dig

I don't know how easy it is to tell, but I'm very new to this. I wanted to try and create a good pokemon for my team without referencing smogon movesets, to see how well I could grasp strategy. Any and all critiques and suggestions are appreciated!

Personally, I'd put those Def EVs either into SpDef or HP. While it is weak to the primarily-physical Fighting and Flying types, its biggest weakness is Fairy, which is mostly special, so it may help it to have higher SpDef, but more HP will improve its survival on both fronts and since its HP isn't especially high to begin with, that'd probably be your best use of those EVs. The extra 4 should go into SpDef is you keep the 252 in Def or put it in HP, or put the 4 in HP if you put 252 into SpDef, as Scrafty's SpAtt is worthless, particularly with this moveset.

Dig is probably the worst thing you can give him, unfortunately. He's already weak to Flying types, so using Dig is pretty much begging to have a Flying type switch in on you if you plan to use this set competitively; two-turn moves are better saved for stall sets where you trap a foe with a move or ability, use Toxic, then use the two-turn move to pass the time while letting the Toxic wear them down. Also, since you're going for Bulk Up, using Power-Up Punch is pretty redundant, since the main reason for both moves is boosting stats. Feint Attack is also far from Scrafty's best Dark type attack. Since he's fairly slow you could give him Payback, but Crunch is much more reliable. If you can bring one in from 5th gen you could also try out Knock Off, but that's only if he's being used for competitive play. If it's purely for in-game play, though, Feint Attack could be useful in case you're up against pokemon that make liberal use of evasion-altering moves like Double Team or Sand Attack. Here's what I'd personally use Scrafty for:

-----

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Shed Skin/Moxie
Adamant
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef
- High Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Bulk Up/Dragon Dance

This set is pretty much just bulky set-up attacker. Bulk Up is his main set-up move, allowing him to tank physical hits as well as dish them out better, but if you're willing to breed and trade the Def buff for Speed, Dragon Dance is viable option as well. The rest is purely for damage; HJK and Crunch are his strongest STAB attacks on each side, while Poison Jab gives him coverage against most Fairy types while also hitting many Grass types hard. Through transfer from 5th gen he could go with Iron Head instead, but since the rest of Steel's coverage overlaps with Fighting's coverage, there isn't a lot of point. Moxie might be a better ability for him so he can get an additional Attack buff whenever an opposing pokemon gets taken down, but Shed Skin makes him less scared of status effects.

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Shed Skin
Impish/Careful
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Def 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch/Fire Punch/Zen Headbutt

This is a much more defensive set for him, but can be especially scary to deal with if your opponent isn't prepared for it. This one keeps the Def EVs because the Assault Vest boosts its SpDef, so that'll give it more even defenses. However, you could move some or all of his Def EVs over to HP. After doing some calcs, I found that an HP/Att EV spread would be most beneficial; you can see the post below for more details. Crunch for STAB, and Poison Jab to cover Fairies that switch in on him. Drain Punch is important for this set so he has a way to heal himself, but you'll have to breed it onto him. Power-Up Punch acts as your buffing move this time, since it's one of the handful of attacks that's primarily for non-damage purposes, but can still be used with an Assault Vest. If you're willing to give up buffs though, you can breed Fire Punch or Zen Headbutt onto it, depending on whether you're more worried about covering opposing Bugs and Fighting-neutral Steels (examples being Forretress, Skarmory, or Klefki) or if you'd rather hit Fighting and Poison types harder (such as Toxicroak, Venusaur, and Hawlucha). If you're only worried about what hits more things for SE damage, both Fire Punch and Zen Headbutt would put you nearly even, so don't stress too much about it.

-----

Keep in mind, though, that while I gave a Fairy coverage move to both sets, it isn't especially ideal to stay in against a pokemon that knows either Moonblast or Play Rough since Fairy is Scrafty's biggest weakness. This is mostly to catch opponents off-guard when they see Scrafty and switch a Fairy type in on him; if he's not at full health, or if he is and you'd like him to stay that way, it'd probably be better to swap out to something that can handle a Fairy type attack rather than risk him being OHKOed by it.

Last edited:

UnitRico

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Shed Skin
Impish/Careful
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Def
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch/Fire Punch/Zen Headbutt

Is there really a reason to put those EVs in Def over HP, though? Yes, you have the Assault Vest to boost its bulk, but it just seems like going fully on HP does more good regardless of what bulk you want to specialise in.

Onyx Tanuki

Is there really a reason to put those EVs in Def over HP, though? Yes, you have the Assault Vest to boost its bulk, but it just seems like going fully on HP does more good regardless of what bulk you want to specialise in.

True enough. Honestly I'd have to do some calcs to see if Def would really benefit that set over HP, but you're more than likely right.

----------

Aight, I'm gonna test this with standard Granbull with Play Rough, Close Combat, and Earthquake (also Crunch, but we won't use that since it's a double-resisted move), Specs Mismagius with Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Dazzling Gleam (also has Power Gem, but again, that's not tested because it's non-STAB and resisted), and Assault Vest Florges with Moonblast and Energy Ball (not testing Psychic since Scrafty is immune to it, or Hidden Power since it's pretty weak anyway and wouldn't benefit much even if it was Fighting or Flying).

252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef, Adamant:

252+ Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 540-640 (161.6 - 191.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Granbull Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 240-284 (71.8 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Granbull Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 101-119 (30.2 - 35.6%) -- 32.2% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 364-432 (108.9 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Florges Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 58-69 (17.3 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 268-316 (80.2 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 75-89 (22.4 - 26.6%) -- 24.4% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 50-59 (14.9 - 17.6%) -- possible 6HKO

4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Def, Impish:

252+ Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Scrafty: 400-472 (147 - 173.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Granbull Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Scrafty: 178-210 (65.4 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Granbull Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Scrafty: 74-88 (27.2 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 372-436 (136.7 - 160.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Florges Energy Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 58-69 (21.3 - 25.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 268-316 (98.5 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Energy Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 75-89 (27.5 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 50-59 (18.3 - 21.6%) -- possible 5HKO

4 HP, 252 Att, 252 SpDef, Careful:

252+ Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 540-640 (198.5 - 235.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Granbull Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 240-284 (88.2 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Granbull Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 101-119 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 268-324 (98.5 - 119.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Florges Energy Ball vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 43-51 (15.8 - 18.7%) -- possible 6HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 200-236 (73.5 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Energy Ball vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 56-66 (20.5 - 24.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 37-44 (13.6 - 16.1%) -- possible 7HKO

252 HP, 4 Att, 252 Def, Impish:

252+ Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scrafty: 400-472 (119.7 - 141.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Granbull Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scrafty: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Granbull Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scrafty: 74-88 (22.1 - 26.3%) -- 12.7% chance to 4HKO

252+ SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 372-436 (111.3 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Florges Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 58-69 (17.3 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 268-316 (80.2 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 75-89 (22.4 - 26.6%) -- 24.4% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 50-59 (14.9 - 17.6%) -- possible 6HKO

252 HP, 4 Att, 252 SpDef, Careful:

252+ Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 540-640 (161.6 - 191.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Granbull Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 240-284 (71.8 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Granbull Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 101-119 (30.2 - 35.6%) -- 32.2% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 268-324 (80.2 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Florges Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 43-51 (12.8 - 15.2%) -- possible 7HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 200-236 (59.8 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 56-66 (16.7 - 19.7%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mismagius Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 37-44 (11 - 13.1%) -- possible 8HKO

----------

When it comes to a dedicated physical attacker with Play Rough, this set's likely to get OHKOed no matter what, and even with full HP and Def EVs a Fighting type physical attack is likely to 2HKO it, so putting EVs into Def is going to end up pretty pointless, as you said. As for a dedicated Special attacker, we have a similar scenario, in that the only way Scrafty is going to survive a Moonblast is with both HP and SpDef fully invested, so SpDef isn't especially worth it either. As you can note, though, neutral hits are easily shrugged off from all comers, even when there's only HP investment, only becoming a problem with Att/Def or Att/SpDef builds. Since Drain Punch heals more as it deals more damage, and it's still beneficial to deal as much damage as possible to an incoming pokemon, that means an HP/Att build is te most likely to give you more bang for your buck.

Last edited:

Habblox

#Donthateprocrastin8
It's been so long since I was here haha~ Sorry about that. Life has caught up with me and I'm trying to get myself back into this hobby of mine.

Was planning on a Meowstic~

Meowstic (M) @ Light Clay (or something else)
Nature: Bold
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252Def/252SpDef/6HP
Moves:
- Light Screen/Trick
- Reflect/Trick
- Toxic/Trick
- Thunder Wave/Trick

So I want this Meowstic to be a 100% support in double battles. Light Screen and Reflect for helping out with my defensive stats. Toxic to quickly target something to cripple down and Thunder Wave to give myself the advantage of slowing the enemy to make sure I hit first (Eelektross! I choose you!)