• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Singles Rate Thread [Read the Rules and Follow the Format]

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
563.png

Cofagrigus @ Assault Vest
Mummy
Modest
252 HP, 252 SpAtt, 4 SpDef
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Knock Off/Hidden Power [Fighting]

Apologies ahead of time if I already posted this set; I don't remember doing so, but I've put up a lot of potential sets in the past few months...

Anyway. AV Cofagrigus seems like something that would be seen more often. It's got great bulk, decent typing, and good SpAtt, as well as Mummy, which all but ruins pokemon who rely on things like Technician or Sheer Force/Life Orb to beef up their damage. Probably the biggest reason is move selection: without Hidden Power, Cofagrigus's three most reliable attack types - Ghost, Grass, and Psychic - don't cover a large number of things out there (Dark Pulse would be too redundant due to how similar its coverage with Ghost is, and Hex would work better on a team including a T-Spiker or with status attacks). One could go two ways with this set for the fourth move: Knock Off deals piddly damage and doesn't help coverage, but is an awesome coverage move Cofagrigus can use to decimate the effectiveness of offensive pokemon, while HP Fighting won't be helping its utility any but will give him about 140 more pokemon he can hit for SE damage (especially Normal and Dark types).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
563.png

Mummy
Modest
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Apologies ahead of time if I already posted this set; I don't remember doing so, but I've put up a lot of potential sets in the past few months...

Anyway. AV Cofagrigus seems like something that would be seen more often. It's got great bulk, decent typing, and good SpAtt, as well as Mummy, which all but ruins pokemon who rely on things like Technician or Sheer Force/Life Orb to beef up their damage. Probably the biggest reason is move selection: without Hidden Power, Cofagrigus's three most reliable attack types - Ghost, Grass, and Psychic - don't cover a large number of things out there (Dark Pulse would be too redundant due to how similar its coverage with Ghost is, and Hex would work better on a team including a T-Spiker or with status attacks). One could go two ways with this set for the fourth move: Knock Off deals piddly damage and doesn't help coverage, but is an awesome coverage move Cofagrigus can use to decimate the effectiveness of offensive pokemon, while HP Fighting won't be helping its utility any but will give him about 140 more pokemon he can hit for SE damage (especially Normal and Dark types).
Just thinking about it makes me shiver...
I believe this Cofagrigus could work pretty well, I mean it's got more than decent defenses and its offense is correct. One thing that Cofagrigus does the best, though, is setting Trick Room, which is something you won't be able to do with yours. I'm not really good at reviewing competitive Pokémon sets but I prefer originality over effectiveness, so go ahead and try (have you tried already ? Seems pretty annoying and good to me). Not sure if Psychic is a 'must' attack here, so maybe replacing it for Knock Off and keep Hidden Power Fighting instead would be a neat idea, but it's all up to you, I guess. :)

___​

As for me, I just had a little question. I'm trying to make a classic supportive Florges (Calm, Leftovers, max EVs HP and Special Defense and leftovers EVs in Special Attack) and I was wondering what moves were the most effective. The most popular moves used on Florges are Toxic, Protect, Aromatherapy, Moon Blast and Wish. Problem is, all of these moves are really good and I'm struggling to take out one of them; they all have their crucial utility. So the moveset I was thinking the most lately was...

- Moon Blast (classic offensive move; prevention against Taunt, mostly ?)
- Toxic (residual damages dealing move, as Florges does that well)
- Protect (good way to pick up Wish's healing and cripple more with Toxic)
- Wish (recovery)

... HOWEVER! Aromatherapy can come up really handy in certain situations but is Aromatherapy that useful ? Isn't it too... situational ? And what about Protect ? Would it be too predictable and let the opponent get a free switch or set up ? Is Taunt enough popular and used to keep Moon Blast on ?

I would like to hear what you guys have to say about it! Thanks! :p

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
563.png

Mummy
Modest
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

I'm thinking infestation could work over either energy ball or psychic to trap things like blissey/chansey and kill them with something else. Never thought about using cofagrigus this way though, will definitely try it even if its HP only caps at 320. Also, having psychic as a coverage move seems pretty useless as shadow ball/HP fighting hit perfectly and energy ball hits many of the common switch ins to this thing for super effective damage (rotom-w being the best example).

Also, to answer prince of may's questions: aromatherapy is best used on things who can afford the moveslot, like clefable/blissey. Also, taunt is incredibly popular nowadays with the sheer abundance of prankster pokemon and the general defensive shift to the metagame. That, and with florges having a base sp.atk of 112 you'd be crazy not to run an offensive move. Toxic is unneeded on the set, as that will give you two moveslots that are useless against steel/poison types, try replacing it with calm mind for an interesting sweeper.

Onyx Tanuki

Just thinking about it makes me shiver...
I believe this Cofagrigus could work pretty well, I mean it's got more than decent defenses and its offense is correct. One thing that Cofagrigus does the best, though, is setting Trick Room, which is something you won't be able to do with yours. I'm not really good at reviewing competitive Pokémon sets but I prefer originality over effectiveness, so go ahead and try (have you tried already ? Seems pretty annoying and good to me). Not sure if Psychic is a 'must' attack here, so maybe replacing it for Knock Off and keep Hidden Power Fighting instead would be a neat idea, but it's all up to you, I guess. :)

I'm thinking infestation could work over either energy ball or psychic to trap things like blissey/chansey and kill them with something else. Never thought about using cofagrigus this way though, will definitely try it even if its HP only caps at 320. Also, having psychic as a coverage move seems pretty useless as shadow ball/HP fighting hit perfectly and energy ball hits many of the common switch ins to this thing for super effective damage (rotom-w being the best example).

Infestation wouldn't work. Partial trapping moves' traps end on the turn a pokemon switches. Cofagrigus would make a nice trapper with something like Will-O-Wisp/Infestation/Shadow Ball/Rest, but obviously that's not going to work with Assault Vest. I did check on Psychic versus Energy Ball as my added coverage move, and found that they both hit pretty much the same number of things SE, so if I keep Shadow Ball/Knock Off/HP Fighting on him, whether I go Psychic or Energy Ball will just depend on the type of coverage that'd best help out his team. I'd say Energy Ball is probably more valuable since there's more things it hits for 4x weakness (the only thing 4x weak to Psychic is Toxicroak, as opposed to the plethora of Water/Ground and Water/Rock types, as well as the handful of Ground/Rock types running around in UU), but Psychic would be preferable if you've also got something like, say, Shaymin or Leafeon that can use STAB grass moves, and could be better if the opponent swaps in a Grass/Fighting.

And yes, I've tried this set out already, sans HP Fighting, and it's put in some work for sure. Since Cofagrigus generally runs more of a support role, I've often seen him attract Taunts, and Energy Ball has been used almost more often than Shadow Ball has. The big downside, though, is the fact that he does give up those support moves, and his best role in a team is to stall, spread DoTs, and drop Trick Room. I think the fact that this set is somewhat unexpected helps it to be more effective, though.

As for me, I just had a little question. I'm trying to make a classic supportive Florges (Calm, Leftovers, max EVs HP and Special Defense and leftovers EVs in Special Attack) and I was wondering what moves were the most effective. The most popular moves used on Florges are Toxic, Protect, Aromatherapy, Moon Blast and Wish. Problem is, all of these moves are really good and I'm struggling to take out one of them; they all have their crucial utility. So the moveset I was thinking the most lately was...

- Moon Blast (classic offensive move; prevention against Taunt, mostly ?)
- Toxic (residual damages dealing move, as Florges does that well)
- Protect (good way to pick up Wish's healing and cripple more with Toxic)
- Wish (recovery)

... HOWEVER! Aromatherapy can come up really handy in certain situations but is Aromatherapy that useful ? Isn't it too... situational ? And what about Protect ? Would it be too predictable and let the opponent get a free switch or set up ? Is Taunt enough popular and used to keep Moon Blast on ?

I would like to hear what you guys have to say about it! Thanks! :p

To be honest I don't think I've ever seen Taunt on a Florges, and on the right set it could be effective, since Florges eats Special hits all day long. I'd say Protect, Wish, and Moonblast are all pretty much mandatory; Wish for healing obviously, and Moonblast to keep her from being Taunt bait, but Protect is needed because it can stall out Toxic damage and Leftovers healing as well as ensuring she gets healed by a Wish if she decides to stay in. Mine runs with Aromatherapy over Toxic, but that's because the same team I use her on also has Alomomola with a nearly identical set (Wish, Protect, Toxic, Waterfall). Also one of the best ways to keep a Florges out of one's hair is Burn and Toxic, and those statuses can demolish a team built with bulk in mind that can't somehow remove them. You could run a different tank, though, such as Vaporeon, Umbreon, Miltank, or whatever and have that pokemon with Aromatherapy/Heal Bell, and that could allow Florges to keep Toxic.

That in mind, I've actually seen a Blame Truth set that might be worth trying that bears a similar philosophy as my Assault Vest Cofagrigus:

Florges @ Choice Specs/Leftovers
Flower Veil/Symbiosis
Modest
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire/Rock/Ground]

Assault Vest on a Florges would probably be rather redundant; she has so much SpDef naturally that adding to it would just result in diminishing returns unless you really REALLY want her to survive more than two Magnezone Flash Cannons. You can reduce some of her SpAtt EVs and put them into Speed until she can outspeed what you want her to, since she does have SpAtt to spare as well. Like Cofagrigus, she's going to rely on Psychic, Energy Ball, and a Hidden Power for coverage to support her STAB, but the options are a little greater on which HP type to go with. Ground has the worst SE coverage of the three options I mentioned, but is your best method to counter a Magnezone, Aggron, or Heatran that tries to come in on her. Rock will leave her badly walled by Steel types, but actually offers the best SE coverage, making her a better revenge killer. Fire is the middle ground, allowing you to hit most Steel types for SE damage and giving her great SE coverage, but leaving her walled by Heatran and most other Fire types with decent SpDef and no Psychic weakness. As with my Cofagrigus set, it's great for baiting an enemy into using Taunt or hitting her with a Burn, which this version really doesn't care about since her whole purpose is dealing damage.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I need a lightning rod for a Triple Battle team i am building. Some Pokémon will be transferred from Unova to help me out, just like this little guy. But i am having trouble coming up with a good moveset. That's why i wanna ask you guys for help.

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
EVs: not an expert on this one so let's skip this
- Follow Me (an absolute MUST)
- Gravity (guess this one could be useful)
- Move 3
- Move 4

So yeah, tell me what else this Clefairy could use. It's main purpose will be to draw in hostile attacks, so that my two other Pokémon can safely boost their stats.

Then, there's this little guy that could work well on my sand team for Triple Battles:

Calm Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Body Slam/Recover

It'll draw any water to itself, protecting my Rock and Ground types. Scald and Earth Power have STAB and the useful side-effects, plus Protect shields Gastrodon from Earthquake. Even with the berry it will have trouble surviving against Grass types so.. Any comments on this set?

Last edited:

Habblox

#Donthateprocrastin8
So I finally got myself a 6IV Mienfoo and decided to call it Ao Shin. Now it's a Mienshao but I have absolutely no clue what to do with it. :p

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252Atk/252Spe/6HP
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves:
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch/Poison Jab/~something else~

I don't know what it's last move should be. Any hints/tips/tricks/cookies? I'd love to use this Mienshao because, just like Eelektross, to me it looks like a derpy Pokémon but it can still be packing a crapload of punches~~

KillerDraco

So I finally got myself a 6IV Mienfoo and decided to call it Ao Shin. Now it's a Mienshao but I have absolutely no clue what to do with it. :p

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252Atk/252Spe/6HP
Moves:
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch/Poison Jab/~something else~

I don't know what it's last move should be. Any hints/tips/tricks/cookies? I'd love to use this Mienshao because, just like Eelektross, to me it looks like a derpy Pokémon but it can still be packing a crapload of punches~~

Stone Edge/Rock Slide makes it absolutely standard, given it checks most flying types that would give it trouble, along with bug types who resist Fighting. High Jump Kick/Fake Out/U-Turn/Stone Edge Mienshao has been a fantastic member of a VoltTurn team, and a favorite of mine back in Gen 5. It's pretty easy to use, too; Fake Out on the first turn, and predict appropriately. U-Turn should be abused liberally if you know there's ghost types (making HJK riskier), while Regenerator will kick in on the U-Turn, healing off Life Orb damage. Once the ghost types are out of the way though, spam the crap out of HJK.

Habblox

#Donthateprocrastin8
Stone Edge/Rock Slide makes it absolutely standard, given it checks most flying types that would give it trouble, along with bug types who resist Fighting. High Jump Kick/Fake Out/U-Turn/Stone Edge Mienshao has been a fantastic member of a VoltTurn team, and a favorite of mine back in Gen 5. It's pretty easy to use, too; Fake Out on the first turn, and predict appropriately. U-Turn should be abused liberally if you know there's ghost types (making HJK riskier), while Regenerator will kick in on the U-Turn, healing off Life Orb damage. Once the ghost types are out of the way though, spam the crap out of HJK.

Thank you for the tips! I'll definitely go with what you said. Stone Edge it is! :)

Ok so this is the 3rd and last time I posted this Greninja here, although there are some edits seeing as I bred a new one and took DJlowrider's advice.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Nature: Naive
EVs: 128Sp.Atk/130Atk/252Spe
Moves:
- Ice Beam
- Scald/Surf
- Night Slash
- U-Turn

Ofcourse I don't know whether to use Scald or Surf. Surf has that little bit of extra damage, but Scald has the chance to burn the enemy, which I might need in case they have a big threat on their team. I am also unsure about the EV spread I gave this Greninja. I was recommended something else but I don't see how [72Attack/184SpAtk/252Speed] will provide a lot of physical strength for this Greninja, or maybe this was only the case because the other Froakie I posted had a missing IV in Attack, not too sure.

I'm relatively new to 'advanced' EV-spreads and I've recently started 5/6IV breeding. :)

Last edited:

DJLowrider

I'm debating what's best for the Mega Mawile I want to use for my Trick Room Doubles team. Here's what I'm looking at presently.

Mawile w/Mawilite
Brave Nature, Intimidate Ability (becomes Huge Power on Mega evolution)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Protect/Swords Dance
- Swords Dance/Fire Fang
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

My plan is for Mawile to lead along with one of my Trick Room users. The question is, do I go with Swords Dance as a possible turn 1 move if the opponent's leads gives me the opportunity to do so, or do I play it safe by sticking with Protect and have Fire Fang for extra type coverage?

Mega Mawile hits like a truck even unbuffed so it's debatable if Swords Dance is really necessary. On the other hand, Fire Fang isn't exactly a high power move and Mawile doesn't get STAB for it like she does with Iron Head and Play Rough. My gut tells me I should go with Protect and Fire Fang to play it safe, but I can definitely see the potential in other combinations here as well.

Thoughts and advice are definitely welcome here. Again, this is for a Trick Room Doubles team so I'm forgoing Sucker Punch because Mawile's going to outspeed just about everything as it is and Sucker Punch doesn't work against other priority moves anyway.

Rayquaza

Rayquaza @ Assault Vest
Hasty , Airlock
252Attack , 252 Speed , and 4 Hp
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Overheat
-Extreme Speed

He is going to be receiving a Shell Smash from Gorebyss so I used the assault vest to boost the Special Defense. Or Life orb is understandable. The Gorebyss will be holding a White Herb. Thanks a lot. I want to start to Ev train but I wanna make sure this is good first.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Rayquaza @ Assault Vest
Hasty , Airlock
252Attack , 252 Speed , and 4 Hp
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Overheat
-Extreme Speed

He is going to be receiving a Shell Smash from Gorebyss so I used the assault vest to boost the Special Defense. Or Life orb is understandable. The Gorebyss will be holding a White Herb. Thanks a lot. I want to start to Ev train but I wanna make sure this is good first.

Rayquaza has pretty average defensive stats for ubers and is 4x weak to pretty common ice type attacks. A vest could work, but would miss out on quite a lot of ko opportunities.

Rayquaza has pretty average defensive stats for ubers and is 4x weak to pretty common ice type attacks. A vest could work, but would miss out on quite a lot of ko opportunities.

So I should go with Life orb ?

SilverCharizard

Venasaur
Adamant nature

- synthesis
-sludge bomb
- petal dance
- earthquake

Thinking about using it in double or single battle masions

Mye

Someone has to win..
So I should go with Life orb ?

To put it into perspective of how average rayquaza's defenses are, here's what an uninvested lugia does to it with ice beam:

0 SpA Lugia Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Rayquaza: 176-208 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, meh.
Venasaur
Adamant nature

- synthesis
-sludge bomb
- petal dance
- earthquake

Thinking about using it in double or single battle masions

Care to add ev's, nature, items, and ability or anything?

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I need a lightning rod for a Triple Battle team i am building. Some Pokémon will be transferred from Unova to help me out, just like this little guy. But i am having trouble coming up with a good moveset. That's why i wanna ask you guys for help.

Calm Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: not an expert on this one so let's skip this
- Follow Me (an absolute MUST)
- Gravity (guess this one could be useful)
- Move 3
- Move 4

So yeah, tell me what else this Clefairy could use. It's main purpose will be to draw in hostile attacks, so that my two other Pokémon can safely boost their stats.

Then, there's this little guy that could work well on my sand team for Triple Battles:

Ability: Storm Drain
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Body Slam/Recover/Ice Beam

It'll draw any water to itself, protecting my Rock and Ground types. Scald and Earth Power have STAB and the useful side-effects, plus Protect shields Gastrodon from Earthquake. Even with the berry it will have trouble surviving against Grass types so.. Any comments on this set?

I really could use some help with this question you guys, so i am reposting it. I added Ice Beam to Gastrodon's moveset, so if anywone would give me some advice... It would be greatly appreciated. :)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I really could use some help with this question you guys, so i am reposting it. I added Ice Beam to Gastrodon's moveset, so if anywone would give me some advice... It would be greatly appreciated. :)

It's difficult (at least for me) to propose a set for Clefairy when I have no idea what the other teammates are.

Another thing, I did a little math with Eviolite Clefairy and Clefable, these are stats of no EVs, Lv50 flawless IVs.

Clefairy: 145 / X / 074 / 080 / 085 / 055
Clefable: 170 / X / 102 / 115 / 110 / 080

I'm not sure using Eviolite Clefairy instead of Clefable is the best idea, especially given that Clefable could use Leftovers to tank more hits.

Clefable @ Bold
Magic Guard @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Moonlight / Wish
- Cosmic Power / Thunder Wave / Toxic / Aromatherapy / Heal Pulse

This is the best I could come up with. I would recommend going Bold and maxing Defense as most Steel and Poison attacks are Physical. Moonblast so you're not Taunt bait, though any other Special attack could be used depending on threats your other two members need help with. Moonlight / Wish to keep it alive longer, Moonlight for Clefable alone, or Wish for team support, though you can't WishPass to other Pokemon that are out in battle already. The last slot is up to you, Cosmic Power to increase bulk even more, Thunder Wave is a great status if you have slower sweepers, or Toxic to wear down walls. Aromatherapy could be used to keep harmful status away from your team, or Heal Pulse, though the latter is a bit gimmicky if you ask me.

As for Gastrodon, Recover should go in the last slot, and make sure the other pokemon you're using can cover its Grass weakness.

Onyx Tanuki

In all honesty I'm not too familiar with doubles and triples sets. IMO, your Clefairy being planned as having Follow Me would work well if its teammates would be obviously crippled by status. Unfortunately it could possibly end up crippled by Paralysis, and Follow me overrides Lightningrod, so you'll need to be especially careful. I might suggest Friend Guard in place of Magic Guard, but I assume that'd kill your strategy. You'll want to make sure Clefairy's in the middle, ensuring he is able to take attacks from all opposing pokemon, since he won't be able to attract attacks from one side if he's on the opposite side.

Anyway, your Gastrodon looks good IMO, and pretty much standard. If you'd prefer not to bother with Recover, Ice Beam or Blizzard seem your best bets, depending on how much you care about your own attacks being Follow Me'd. You could go for Muddy Water over Scald, which will be able to hit the center pokemon in the opposing team, and all three if Gastrodon happens to be in the center. If your third team member has Wide Guard, you could trade out your STABs for Earthquake and Surf, as Wide Guard will protect your team from the damage taken by it, and would actually combo well with Follow Me.

On your Clefairy, I think the third move should be Heal Pulse. It'll give it something to do if you expect the opponent to set up and work as emergency healing. Fourth move could either be Moonblast to keep Clafairy from being Taunt bait, or Moonlight to give it a means to heal itself. I might suggest replacing Gravity, as anything that'd use EQ would probably kill it long before it throws out a move anyway, considering it only has 35 base Speed.

For your third party member, I'd suggest this to be a pokemon with Wide Guard, which unlike other protect-type moves, won't fail when used consecutively. Using this and Follow Me on Clefairy will leave the opponent with literally nothing to do except directly target Clefairy with direct damage attacks, allowing your Gastrodon to whittle away at them with whatever moves it has at its disposal until Clefairy dies. Alomomola with Toxic, Waterfall, Heal Pulse, and Wide Guard could work, though that'd make your team significantly weak to Grass moves, making those your primary targets. Unfortunately with the exception of Doublade and Parasect, everything that can get it is no less than neutral to Grass moves, and several are weak to Grass, so be careful with that. I would definitely sggest it also have a status effect, either Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, since this team seems primarily focused on stalling the opponent's team out, and Clefairy is almost guaranteed to die, and you'll want to rack up as much damage as you possibly can on the opponents before that happens.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I should have mentioned this Clefairy/Clefable is going into a Sand team. Tyranitar on the left and Excadrill on the right. Maybe giving Clefairy the move Protect is a useful thing to do, since some of my teammates including Excadrill will be using Earthquake.

Clefairy/Clefable @ Eviolite/Leftovers (still not sure which one would make the better choice...)
Calm nature
I would recommend going Bold and maxing Defense as most Steel and Poison attacks are Physical.
Already bred a Calm nature Cleffa, and i am not really the kind of guy that keeps breeding for a long time. Especially considering the trouble i went through to get Cleffa.

Magic Guard (so it won't take damage from Tyranitar's sandstorm)

- Follow Me (the reason i called my Clefairy/Clefable ''lightningrod'')
- Thunder Wave (as suggested, a good way to cripple opponents)
- Moonblast (prevents my Fairy-type from being taunt bait)
- Gravity (to make my opponents vulnerable to Earthquake)

Storm Drain

- Scald
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Anyway, your Gastrodon looks good IMO, and pretty much standard. If you'd prefer not to bother with Recover, Ice Beam or Blizzard seem your best bets, depending on how much you care about your own attacks being Follow Me'd.

Decided to give Ice Beam a shot, to try and damage some Grass-type opponents i might face. I am not too worried about getting Follow Me'd myself, i would use that time to boost Excadrill's attack and Metagross' speed anyway.

My strategy is something like this: Tyranitar with Smooth Rock on the left, the Fairy-type in the middle and Excadrill on the right. Clefairy/Clefable will use Follow Me while Tyranitar switches out for Metagross and Excadrill uses Swords Dance. IF Clefairy/Clefable survives, it will keep spamming Follow Me or will be trying to pull of some other trick. If it does fall in battle, i will pick Gastrodon. Aside from protecting Excadrill and Tyranitar from Water-type attacks, it can use Protect to shield itself from Excadrill's Earthquake and Metagross' Explosion (Life Orb boosted, f-yeah). Speed Boost Blaziken will be there to clean up whatever's left standing.

Last edited: