• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Singles Rate Thread [Read the Rules and Follow the Format]

Mye

Someone has to win..
If you're going to use a meowstic like that, I'd suggest using light screen/reflect/trick/thunder wave with a choice scarf equipped. Trick the scarf, then use thunder wave to cripple the possible switch, allowing you to possibly get off both screens without any problems. HP and defense investment would probably be preferred, as literally everyone uses some dark/bug move (knock off and u turn).

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
toxicroak (black sludge)
dry skin
jolly
earthquake
power-up punch
sucker punch
poison jab
-what do you think?

Mye

Someone has to win..

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

Quagsireking

I am the king!
I need a direction to go with for my Adamant SB venipede. I know I want it to not only be able to pass stat boosts, but also be able to hold it's own if it's my last pokemon.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I need a direction to go with for my Adamant SB venipede. I know I want it to not only be able to pass stat boosts, but also be able to hold it's own if it's my last pokemon.

Fresh from Smogon...

Offensive Support

Scolipede@Black Sludge / Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 34 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe or 252 HP / 34 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance / Earthquake / Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Baton Pass

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Can someone help with my mighty Shroomish im raising in emerald?
Keep in mind this is only for in game playthrough of emerald version, on my android phone.

So i checked the Iv's and they werent spectacular but the defenses were close to max so i decided to go for more of a status abuser instead of going ham as breloom.
Im trying to train him in speed and attack and hp mostly to take hits to give off a spore effect

Shroomish@Miracle Seed(for leech seed?)
Ability Spore Effect
Nature; Jolly
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Headbutt
Swagger

this is what i have, but im not evolving him so i can learn spore, not sure if i want it over toxic tho, seems really op with protect maybe when i get them tms for wich i plan to have in the end

Last edited:

PlatinumD3

So I need a Pokemon with Fly. My current team is Rotom-Ice, Mega Absol, Greninja, Giratina, and Nidoking. Would Skarmory or Noivern be a better choice based off of that?

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Looks like you dont need another fire weakness, go with Noivern, now rate my moveset ? ;p

devondashla

Can someone help with my mighty Shroomish im raising in emerald?
Keep in mind this is only for in game playthrough of emerald version, on my android phone.

So i checked the Iv's and they werent spectacular but the defenses were close to max so i decided to go for more of a status abuser instead of going ham as breloom.
Im trying to train him in speed and attack and hp mostly to take hits to give off a spore effect

Shroomish@Miracle Seed(for leech seed?)
Ability Spore Effect
Nature; Jolly
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Headbutt
Swagger

this is what i have, but im not evolving him so i can learn spore, not sure if i want it over toxic tho, seems really op with protect maybe when i get them tms for wich i plan to have in the end

Looks like you dont need another fire weakness, go with Noivern, now rate my moveset ? ;p

The fact that you're asking about a Gen 3 game in a thread specifically about Gen 6 may have to do with why no one is rating your move set.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
"You don't need another fire weakness" (would be all of 2 pokemon), but then recommend a pokemon that has x4 weakness to Ice, while he has Nidoking and Giratina both of which are x2 weak to Ice (Making it 3 pokemon weak to ice).

Anyways, illogical statement aside, go with Noivern indeed, I think it can give you more bang for it's use. Granted, Fly is a physical move, while Noivern is a SpA pokemon, but yeah.

@NidokingJ: What devondashla said, you're asking for advice on a Gen III game on a Gen VI forum... things change Gen to Gen... TMs, moves they can learn, etc.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Charizard @ Charizardinite X
Adamant
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Flare Blitz
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
???

I'm mostly just curious if my EV's are all right, and what move should fill the last slot. I was thinking Swords Dance, but IDK. I'm also not too sure about Earthquake, but I feel like it covers most if not all of Zard's most common weaknesses. Also, please do not suggest egg moves unless absolutely necessary to the set, thanks.

Last edited:

timmy2k

NEWBIE ALERT!
Well idk if.this sounds like a good moveset for crobat but here it goes

Crobat@choice band
~252 spe 252 sp atk
~jolly
~cross poison
~brave bird
~zen headbutt
~steel wing

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Well idk if.this sounds like a good moveset for crobat but here it goes

Crobat@choice band
~252 spe 252 sp atk
~jolly
~cross poison
~brave bird
~zen headbutt
~steel wing

Personally, I'd replace Cross Poison with U-Turn. It works beautifully with Choice items, and would allow you to swap Crobat out for a pokemon that'd resist something the opponent is likely to use. Cross Poison will be stronger due to STAB, but won't give you any additional coverage versus Steel Wing, which you could use for Ice or Rock types. On the other hand, with U-Turn you could do as I mentioned above and just swap out from anything that would use a move you're weak to, so if coverage isn't your foremost concern, you could go ahead with it. Bite or Pursuit can be options as well, covering you against Psychics and being able to hit Steel types that would resist all your other moves, but that'd be your least powerful attack, and you'd more than likely hit a Steel type just as hard with a resisted Brave Bird as with a normal-strength Bite, so it's probably not worth it.

So I've been soft resetting for a moltres on my Y version. I SR zapdos with 5 IVs in my X version already which is nice so I want to get all 3 with 5IVs
SO, the first one I encountered was Modest with 29/31/31/24/31/31. The second one i got was modest with 9/30/30/31/31/31. Now I just SR a naive ( synchronize didn't work ) 31/27/31/31/28/31! In any other gen this would have been amazing. I still have it live on my file, I haven't saved it or reset yet. should i keep it? would you keep it? I had a bit of a drought with good IVs since the first 2 SRs. Keep going? or take what i got?

Ryuken

Steel User
Charizard @ Charizardinite X
Adamant
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Flare Blitz
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
???

I'm mostly just curious if my EV's are all right, and what move should fill the last slot. I was thinking Swords Dance, but IDK. I'm also not too sure about Earthquake, but I feel like it covers most if not all of Zard's most common weaknesses. Also, please do not suggest egg moves unless absolutely necessary to the set, thanks.

The EV's you suggested are good, but greatly depend on what you want your charizard to do.
Max speed/attack charizard is good, but most of the time bulky zard (EVs: 252 Speed/136 HP/120 Atk) is recommended.

If you wish to keep your current EV spread, EQ is recommended as well as dragon dance, as sword dance won't fix charizard's mediocre base 100 speed.
However, if you decide to go for bulky DD zard, i would recommend using roost over EQ, though it leaves you checked by heatran and Azumarril. is this set, dragon dance is recommended as well.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Here's a set for Starmie i need help with.

Timid Starmie @ item already decided
ability: natural cure
- Scald/Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice beam/Thunderbolt
- Psychic

So can anyone help me decide between Scald/Surf and Ice Beam/Thunderbolt? Help will be appreciated. :)

Martinzqx

Dusknoir @ ????? (I can't decide on an item)
Adamant
EV's: HP 132, AT 120, Def 4, Sp. D 252
Ability: Levitate
-Sucker Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split

I wanted an offensive/bulky/stall-y Dusknoir, so it has 31 iv's in HP, ATT, and Sp. Def. and it's nature goes accordingly. I am having trouble with what item to give and how to spread the ev's. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I need a moveset for a Quiet Aegislash, specifically, a fourth move. This is what I currently have:

Aegislash@Kasib Berry
Quiet
Stance Change
Nevermind the EVs, I don't bother with them much.
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon
-King's Shield
-Autotomize

KillerDraco

I need a moveset for a Quiet Aegislash, specifically, a fourth move. This is what I currently have:

Aegislash@Kasib Berry
Quiet
Stance Change
Nevermind the EVs, I don't bother with them much.
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon
-King's Shield
-Autotomize

Replace Autotomize with Sacred Sword and you'll be golden. It breaks through special walls and threatens things like Tyranitar and Bisharp. Besides, Quiet nature decreasing speed makes it silly to go with Auto for boosting speed.