• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Singles Rate Thread [Read the Rules and Follow the Format]

Replace Autotomize with Sacred Sword and you'll be golden. It breaks through special walls and threatens things like Tyranitar and Bisharp. Besides, Quiet nature decreasing speed makes it silly to go with Auto for boosting speed.

Thank you very much! I derped on her hold item, she has Leftovers instead of Kasib Berry, altho I doubt it matters for an in-game, non-competitive team. Looks like a mixed-sweeping Aegislash it is! :D

Tonguetyd

So I have myself a Drapion:
Drapion@Black Sludge
Jolly
-Toxic Spikes
-Knock Off

And that's basically it. What other moves to use? I figured Earthquake, and then I thought about Poison STAB, but Ice Fang to kill dragons would be nice and then I thought about Talonflame and Rock Slide and so on and so forth...
And what EVs to use?

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Lopunny @ ???
Klutz
Timid
- Switcheroo
- Dizzy Puch
- Bounce
- Return

My problem is now which item would be best to Lopunny? I'm thinking Toxic orb or Flame orb with Switcheroo. But I don't know which one is better? I know that Flame orb lowers Attack stat but is there differences between damage or other things?

UnitRico

Lopunny @ ???
Klutz
Timid
- Switcheroo
- Dizzy Puch
- Bounce
- Return

My problem is now which item would be best to Lopunny? I'm thinking Toxic orb or Flame orb with Switcheroo. But I don't know which one is better? I know that Flame orb lowers Attack stat but is there differences between damage or other things?

Toxic poison does more damage over time, whereas burn damage does a flat 12% and halves attack. Personally, I've been toying with the idea of Switcheroo-ing an Assault Vest to shut down walls. Also, I'd change the nature to Jolly, as Timid lowers your attack stat, which you're using. I'd personally also go with a few more support moves, as Lopunny has quite a few decent ones (Healing Wish, Magic Coat and Baton Pass come to mind), though that's personal preference, of course.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Toxic poison does more damage over time, whereas burn damage does a flat 12% and halves attack. Personally, I've been toying with the idea of Switcheroo-ing an Assault Vest to shut down walls. Also, I'd change the nature to Jolly, as Timid lowers your attack stat, which you're using. I'd personally also go with a few more support moves, as Lopunny has quite a few decent ones (Healing Wish, Magic Coat and Baton Pass come to mind), though that's personal preference, of course.

Thanks. His moveset isn't final. I thought Baton pass myself but I wasn't sure about it. I thought Flame orb mainly because it would be useful also against Poison heal Gliscors but I have to think about that. Thank you for the advice :) I appreciate it.

DJLowrider

I have been finding a surprising amount of luck using this guy in Doubles lately:

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature, Dry Skin Ability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Fake Out
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Essentially, Toxicroak here ends up as a slightly slower, slightly bulkier variation on Mienshao but with a bit more utility and staying power. I can lead with him and Greninja and immediately lock down and eliminate Talonflame as well as many other big threats. Alternatively, I can keep him in reserve and use him as an easy switch-in when I can tell a Water attack is coming. Considering I also use a Scarfed Volcarona on this team, that definitely comes in handy.

Speaking of which, I could use some advice on that Volcarona. Here's how she is presently:

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature, Flame Body Ability
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Fiery Dance
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power Ground

I immediately acknowledge that running two Fire moves is not a good idea, even if they do serve two different purposes. I'm at a loss as to what else to do here, though. Hurricane is a possibility, I guess, but I'm not a fan of the low accuracy. Will-o-wisp might be a thing, but then I'd be forced to switch out to reset which move she's using. Suggestions are welcome here.

Last edited:

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I've been trying to use a regular Mawile for a while now so here's a set that I came up with:

;303;Mawile @ Focus Sash OR Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Protect / Sucker Punch, Rest
- Metal Burst
- Stockpile / Iron Defense / Swords Dance
- Baton Pass, Sleep Talk.

The idea is to bluff Mega Mawile and get a pass off to something that would appreciate boosts. Metal Burst is used when I'm hit with something that would normally OHKO me (kinda like Counter).
So far I have a bred a Mawile with these moves but I'm not sure that an Impish nature is right for it or if I should go for a Specially Defensive nature. Rest Talk is an alternative with leftovers.

psyburn21

Milotic Deep Sea Tooth
Competitive
Modest
308 SpA, 278 SpD, 218 Spe, 339 HP
- Aqua Ring
- Ice Beam
- Recover (Online)/Surf (Offline)
- Hydro Pump

I've been running this Milotic as my lead Pokemon for Battle Masion and online 3x3. I've been wondering how well it would work in other match types as I start playing them, like in triples.

Last edited:

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Milotic Deep Sea Tooth
Competitive
Modest
308 SpA, 278 SpD, 218 Spe, 339 HP
- Aqua Ring
- Ice Beam
- Recover (Online)/Surf (Offline)
- Hydro Pump

I've been running this Milotic as my lead Pokemon for Battle Masion and online 3x3. I've been wondering how well it would work in other match types as I start playing them, like in triples.

I'm a bit confused as to why it's holding a Deepseatooth. It only doubles the Special Attack of Clamperl (much like how Light Ball, Stick, and Thick Club work). Perhaps Leftovers, Life Orb, or Specs might be better for you. Maybe even Assault Vest if you're feeling adventurous.

2tonsoup

So I cant find a doubles thread so hopefully you guys can help me out here.

I'm in the middle of making a doubles Venomoth
Wonder Skin
Black Sludge
31/X/31/31/31/31
252 HP 252 SpD 4 Spe
Rage Powder
Quiver Dance
Struggle bug
X

I'm considering the following; Protect, Roost, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder and Baton Pass

Any ideas for the last move?

psyburn21

I'm a bit confused as to why it's holding a Deepseatooth. It only doubles the Special Attack of Clamperl (much like how Light Ball, Stick, and Thick Club work). Perhaps Leftovers, Life Orb, or Specs might be better for you. Maybe even Assault Vest if you're feeling adventurous.

Sorry for the late response, I got rather busy IRL. I switched to using Leftovers while I work on getting Specs and second Life Orb. Also, I switched Hydro Pump for Scald.

JackD334

Venusaur @ venusaurite
Modest
Overgrow
Evs??

Leech seed/HP fire
Toxic
Venoshock
Protect

Looking for a new stall pokemon, and possibly a new mega.
Have a shiny venusaur who has barely touched evs and a modest nature.
Has hidden power fire which is great.
Basically thinking mega evolve, set up with leech seed and toxic, then Venoshock/protect. Thinking of trading leech seed for hidden power fire to prevent ferrothorn from walling my set as well as dealing with other pesky steel types and bite back at any ice types (should I ever meet any).
Stuck for what evs are best. And not sure of wether to go for leftovers for extra recovery or mega stone for extra stat boosts and thick fat .
This set will likely change to accommodate giga drain when I get oras, but for now he can't learn it.
Any help very much appreciated. Really want another annoying stall pokemon for my team.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Blaze Ability
Relaxed Nature
- Flamethrower
- Rock Tomb
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

I'm thinking about getting rid of Rock Tomb but I don't know what to replace it with. Do you have any suggestions?

Manetric
Lightning Rod
Sassy
- Thunderbolt
- Return
- Rain Dance
- Bite

Right now, I have one move that I actually want to keep on this Manetric and that's Thunderbolt. I have no idea what other moves to put on it, do you have suggestions? A lot of the moves I wanted to teach it, it can't learn and I went to the move relearner and none of the moves are good enough for my taste so I wanted to see what you guys think.

Also, what held item should I give it? Right now, it's holding a potion. I was considering giving it a magnet but apparently you only get them in the trick house.

chap196

Latios @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs/Latiosite
Levitate
Modest
252 Special Attack/252 Speed/ 4 HP
- Psychic
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

So I just decide to use it as I got a Modest Latios. I need suggestion for the item on Latios.

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
I would say choice scarf on Latios. If you are running scarf use Meteor, as Latios can use the extra damage and will probably be switching out anyways..

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Blaze Ability
Relaxed Nature
- Flamethrower
- Rock Tomb
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

I'm thinking about getting rid of Rock Tomb but I don't know what to replace it with. Do you have any suggestions?

Manetric
Lightning Rod
Sassy
- Thunderbolt
- Return
- Rain Dance
- Bite

Right now, I have one move that I actually want to keep on this Manetric and that's Thunderbolt. I have no idea what other moves to put on it, do you have suggestions? A lot of the moves I wanted to teach it, it can't learn and I went to the move relearner and none of the moves are good enough for my taste so I wanted to see what you guys think.

Also, what held item should I give it? Right now, it's holding a potion. I was considering giving it a magnet but apparently you only get them in the trick house.

A bit late, but...

First of all, your natures are unfortunately terrible. Both lower Speed, and both of those Pokemon value their Speed. Blaziken wants to carry Stone Edge or Thunderpunch over Rock Tomb. Stone Edge can be bought from the Lilycove Dept. Store, and Thunderpunch can be tutored in exchange for BP at the Battle Resort. Manectric wants to carry either Flamethrower or Overheat, and perhaps Volt Switch to pivot with. Check your Hidden Power, if it just happens to be Ice or Grass you can throw that on there too. Stick a Life Orb on it, you can buy one from the Battle Maison or find one on AreaNav Absols.

Honestly, I'd rebreed those two for better natures. Blaziken wants Adamant or Jolly, and Manectric wants Timid.

REVENULF

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Naive nature
10 HP/100 Atk/200 SpA/200 Spe
-Origin Wave
-Ice beam
-Thunder/Ancient Power
-Earthquake

I'm really not sure about the EVs, would like better speed and HP, but I really need some more attack for EQ. Also not sure what the third move should be, I like Thunder cause it grants better coverage against other water types, being resisted by only 1 pokemon(shedninja), but with rock I can pretty much hit everything for neutral damage and just give Thunder to dragonite. Any other suggestions for the third move?

Last edited:

chap196

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Naive nature
10 HP/100 Atk/200 SpA/200 Spe
-Origin Wave
-Ice beam
-Thunder/Ancient Power
-Earthquake

I'm really not sure about the EVs, would like better speed and HP, but I really need some more attack for EQ. Also not sure what the third move should be, I like Thunder cause it grants better coverage against other water types, being resisted by only 1 pokemon(shedninja), but with rock I can pretty much hit everything for neutral damage and just give Thunder to dragonite. Any other suggestions for the third move?

Just use Hidden Power (if it got a good hidden power types) or Ancient Power instead of Earthquake and just use 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/ 4 HP. You don't really want to put 100 Atk EV on for a single move.

REVENULF

Solid Groudon

So I'm trying to go for a Groudon now after setting up Kyogre, but I've been having a harder time of it due to Rest.
My goal is a physical sweeper with all around coverage like any other. I'm thinking

6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Fire Punch
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Precipice Blades.

I've been having to soft reset for about 4 days now. The times it has good IV spread it's nature isn't right, and when it's nature is right(yes I'm using synchro) it's IVs are wrong.
So my last catch has an IV spread of 5, 6 / 31 / 5, 6 / 27, 28 / 31 / 31
Is this good enough or do I still need to keep resetting?

Last edited: