• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sinjoh Connection - REBIRTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Yeah, I'll confirm my involvement, but the tournament itself isn't up yet because of some post-ownership issues.

I might not sign up, I'm not too sure due to ever loosing interest in competitive battling.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I might not sign up, I'm not too sure due to ever loosing interest in competitive battling.

Tournaments are good practice and better opportunity to get interesting in battling more often. I'd only suggest you try it first, then see how that goes.

That aside, I'm in the process of making a new team and was wanting to know if anyone had any advice. It's a heavy offensive team, so keep that in mind if making suggestions.

308-m.png

Iron Fist (Medicham) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

645.png

Apocalypse (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

663.png

Ravage (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 212 Spd / 252 Atk / 44 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

479-w.png

Spin Cycle (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SDef / 252 HP / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

212.png

Metal Gear (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Atk / 80 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

094.png

Greed (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Note: Until Gengar's set has been updated on Showdown to not have Sludge Wave(since it doesn't naturally learn it anyway), it'll be on its set over Sludge Bomb. However, the WiFi edition of this team utilizes Sludge Bomb being used. I've once considered Fire Punch over Ice Punch on Medicham, but Ice Punch grants a bit more versatility in hitting Dragons, Gliscor and Landorus-T hard. Landorus-I doesn't really get a chance to set up RP, hence him using the current set. Also, Azumarill cannot OHKO, whereas Sludge Wave OHKOs them; given they lack Assault Vest's buff. Sludge Wave also helps hit hard Char-Y. Not a KO, but the provided damage is often appreciated. Defog Scizor + Talonflame is a nice little core, plus Rotom to absorb Ice, Electric and Fire attacks for the both.

Yeah, I'll confirm my involvement, but the tournament itself isn't up yet because of some post-ownership issues.

Unless you're me & coordinate the tournament, I'll be doing it outside of the guild itself to minimize confusion. There's a bracket creation site I use to randomize opponents. I find it better to use than most on-site tourneys, because I can create and note the brackets, then post results and final brackets here.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I made my sign up post, now I need to make some new teams...

@Ced, regarding your team.

Definitely keep Ice punch instead of fire punch on Medicham, gives it more coverage like you said.

Choice Band Talonflame? I think you should use the traditional set:

Talonflame @Sharp Beak
Gale Wings
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance
Roost
Brave Bird
Adamant
252 Atk 200 HP 52 Speed.

Steel wing really isn't that powerful and it's unlikely to ohko a rock type even with a c.band and c.band prevents Talonflame's versatility and potential as well as making it a lot easier to kill if it's locked into one move and doesn't have a swords dance up.

I wouldn't use Scizor has a defogger myself but whatever works for you. I'm still old school using a technician set.

Is Landoros's other form not better? Or do you specifically want a special set over a physical Landorous-I/T. (Not sure if it's incarnarate or therian)

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I made my sign up post, now I need to make some new teams...

@Ced, regarding your team.

Definitely keep Ice punch instead of fire punch on Medicham, gives it more coverage like you said.

Choice Band Talonflame? I think you should use the traditional set:

Talonflame @Sharp Beak
Gale Wings
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance
Roost
Brave Bird
Adamant
252 Atk 200 HP 52 Speed.

Steel wing really isn't that powerful and it's unlikely to ohko a rock type even with a c.band and c.band prevents Talonflame's versatility and potential as well as making it a lot easier to kill if it's locked into one move and doesn't have a swords dance up.

I wouldn't use Scizor has a defogger myself but whatever works for you. I'm still old school using a technician set.

Is Landoros's other form not better? Or do you specifically want a special set over a physical Landorous-I/T. (Not sure if it's incarnarate or therian)

Incarnate form is by far better than its Therian form; which is why I use it's ability to utilize Sheer Force to my advantage. Talonflame is my revenge killer and is often meant to just punch a hole or two(or lure in Rotom or Tyranitar and scout using U-Turn). I'm more adept to using its CB set than its Swords Dancing variant(seeing as setting up SD means nothing when being worn down with constant attacking and stockpiling recoil). I find Talonflame too frail to be able to successfully be ready to pull off a Roost recently. Steel Wing is actually filler because I wasn't about to be the only one running Return. xD But, it works as filler for now.Thanks for the advice though. I'll see about changing Steel Wing.

Last edited:

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Confirming everything except lucky shots because there were none.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Forretress Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 232-276 (65.9 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

How I had "lucky shots" is beyond me.

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Your Division: Distortion
Opponent's Division: Spatial
Opponent's Name: SilverChiko
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 1-0; Loss 0-1
Replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-102455267;http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/1v1-102456100
Rate your performance out of 50: 40
Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
Any thing else worth mentioning?: Parahax and lucky shots.

I watched the battle and...yeah... I don't know what to think. Ferrothorn can't really beat, or touch, Foretress without anything short of having HP-Fire itself. Also, Parahax has cost me few wins in the past, so I can relate. Just having Parahax winning a match isn't exactly being "lucky", but sometimes rather strategical. However, in a case where Ferrothorn v Foretress w/ HP-Fire, Fortress would win hands down; Barr any outside interferences from Hax.

EDIT: Points updated

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Sign up in the tournamets thread! We really need to get the tournament ball rolling. As a reminder, the tournaments were in Ubers, OU and LC.

Has anyone tried out UU here?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Sign up in the tournamets thread! We really need to get the tournament ball rolling. As a reminder, the tournaments were in Ubers, OU and LC.

Has anyone tried out UU here?

I will when the tiers are released so I know which Pokemon I can use and suggestions for movesets. I really want to try UU though :/

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I will when the tiers are released so I know which Pokemon I can use and suggestions for movesets. I really want to try UU though :/

XY UU has been released actually. It's even an official tier now. It's a pretty fun tier, now that things have settled down. They're testing weavile at the moment, though it's not a suspect test. Apparently there'll will be no suspect tests in UU, the UU council just decides on what to kick out and what to keep :/

Also watch out for Rest-talk Suicune, it caught me unprepared the first time.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
XY UU has been released actually. It's even an official tier now. It's a pretty fun tier, now that things have settled down. They're testing weavile at the moment, though it's not a suspect test. Apparently there'll will be no suspect tests in UU, the UU council just decides on what to kick out and what to keep :/

Also watch out for Rest-talk Suicune, it caught me unprepared the first time.

I know you can play UU already but I was asking if smogon has released the official UU tier article? And the other tiers for that matter.

Mew The Gato

There are a large amount of offensive threats in Underused, and it can be extremely difficult to handle some. For example, Darmanitan's Sheer Force STAB Flare Blitz is so powerful that almost anything that does not resist it will go down, and even the ones that do that have a hard time recovering. It is almost necessary to have a Flash Fire Pokemon to handle it.

A Sun team featuring both it and Mega Houndoom is quite deadly. The latter has incredibly offense, acceptable bulk, and blazing Speed. With access to Nasty Plot, Flash Fire and Sun support, it can easily edge out Mega Charizard Y in terms of deadliness. Your poor Florges is as good as unconscious.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
There are a large amount of offensive threats in Underused, and it can be extremely difficult to handle some. For example, Darmanitan's Sheer Force STAB Flare Blitz is so powerful that almost anything that does not resist it will go down, and even the ones that do that have a hard time recovering. It is almost necessary to have a Flash Fire Pokemon to handle it.

A Sun team featuring both it and Mega Houndoom is quite deadly. The latter has incredibly offense, acceptable bulk, and blazing Speed. With access to Nasty Plot, Flash Fire and Sun support, it can easily edge out Mega Charizard Y in terms of deadliness. Your poor Florges is as good as unconscious.

Yeah, but with all the bans, Underused is more of a defensive metagame now :/

I guess I should try Blitz Darmanitan sometime. Should I go for a scarfed revenge killing set, or make it an all out wallbreaker with Sheer force? I'm sort of leaning toward the latter, but it is it really effective?

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Yeah, but with all the bans, Underused is more of a defensive metagame now :/

I guess I should try Blitz Darmanitan sometime. Should I go for a scarfed revenge killing set, or make it an all out wallbreaker with Sheer force? I'm sort of leaning toward the latter, but it is it really effective?

Very true, UU has some amazingly useful and hard to kill defensive Pokémon, however, it is not without it's equally useful offensive Pokémon as well. My personal favorite(Gardevoir) currently resides in UU. ;)

Mew The Gato

If you can keep Darmanitan from taking any powerful hits... very much so.

I have been trying a team with Encore Wobbuffet and TormentTran recently, and it is working quite well. And yes, I am aware that I am using Masquerain. This video and this one show TormentTran's worth... although the later mainly involved persistence. Being stubborn was required much more than skill in the second video.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
If you can keep Darmanitan from taking any powerful hits... very much so.

I have been trying a team with Encore Wobbuffet and TormentTran recently, and it is working quite well. And yes, I am aware that I am using Masquerain. This video and this one show TormentTran's worth... although the later mainly involved persistence. Being stubborn was required much more than skill in the second video.

Stall again huh? It's nice to see some underrated threats seeing use (but Masquerain....really?)

I've been trying out smashpass in UU great success. Once you get the hang of your team, it's pretty easy grabbing wins. Here's a video demonstrating how good it can be-

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-104293407

Mew The Gato

My obsession with my favourites is deadly for me. Wobbuffet and Masquerain are so cute and under-appreciated. Masquerain has seen some decent success when paired with Wobbuffet's Encore, but all it does is cripple a couple of things with some powerful attacks after Quiver Dance. Once it has a single Quiver Dance boost, it can get away with using Quiver Dance again, even with things like Magnezone out.

Also, so many people loved the idea of the tournaments. And only three people have actually signed up. Again, anyone can sign up here.

Someone who is not going to participate has to handle the matchups. Who is fine with doing that?

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
My obsession with my favourites is deadly for me. Wobbuffet and Masquerain are so cute and under-appreciated. Masquerain has seen some decent success when paired with Wobbuffet's Encore, but all it does is cripple a couple of things with some powerful attacks after Quiver Dance. Once it has a single Quiver Dance boost, it can get away with using Quiver Dance again, even with things like Magnezone out.

Also, so many people loved the idea of the tournaments. And only three people have actually signed up. Again, anyone can sign up here.

Someone who is not going to participate has to handle the matchups. Who is fine with doing that?

Again, I can do match-ups. I just need to know who will be participating.

Aside this, I prefer Venomoth over Masquerain since the access to Sleep Powder and "Tinted Lens" ability allows it to set up easily after a single Quiver Dance, given Sleep Powder lands. And it fears nothing of a Grass type coming in against it absorb the spores, since it's dual STABs both counter Grass types. Anything not hit super effectively is still hit hard thanks to its ability, and anything behind a Sub is handled with Bug Buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.