• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sinjoh Connection - REBIRTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew The Gato

A good SwagPlay team does not just consist of SwagPlayers. It has access to a lot of support.

For example, I used Choice Band Aegislash in mine. It beats Espeon, Xatu, and one of the best counters to SwagPlay teams, Sylveon, with ease. Also, it OHKOes the Mandibuzz, who may try to come in on Aegislash to use Defog.

Entry Hazards also make switching a bad idea. SwagPlay teams have almost no real counters outside Own Tempo. Not to mention keeping a Pokemon that cannot be confused just to deal with SwagPlay teams is not a good idea.

Also, they have excellent offensive presence to boot. SwagPlay is not the only thing overpowered about it. Ditto can easily come in on something, copy the stat boosts granted to the opponent by Swagger, and proceed to sweep effortlessly. Not to mention Thundurus and Tornadus can manage SwagPlay, and still have enough room to blast off Thunderbolts or Hurricanes.

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
But can they abuse the strat by rasing their attack stat, and foul play? Not now they can't. Swagplay's luck was so bad as the conserquences were far more dire.

No offence but that banette set sounds horrid. Regardless, by using swagger it is still putting the game to a coinflip as that pokemon could be about to use a move that OHKO'es Mega Banette, but that turn COULD be wasted by swagger.

A good SwagPlay team does not just consist of SwagPlayers. It has access to a lot of support.

For example, I used Choice Band Aegislash in mine. It beats Espeon, Xatu, and one of the best counters to SwagPlay teams, Sylveon, with ease. Also, it OHKOes the Mandibuzz, who may try to come in on Aegislash to use Defog.

Entry Hazards also make switching a bad idea. SwagPlay teams have almost no real counters outside Own Tempo. Not to mention keeping a Pokemon that cannot be confused just to deal with SwagPlay teams is not a good idea.

Also, they have excellent offensive presence to boot. SwagPlay is not the only thing overpowered about it. Ditto can easily come in on something, copy the stat boosts granted to the opponent by Swagger, and proceed to sweep effortlessly. Not to mention Thundurus and Tornadus can manage SwagPlay, and still have enough room to blast off Thunderbolts or Hurricanes.

So then everyone agrees that Swagger + Foul Play was the main cause for its ban. Overused and far devastating strategy that required little to no skill at all. That was my point from the start aside it being used to boost certain Pokémon stats in combination with Psych Up; much like those in double battles. Other combinational strategies are also being looked into by Smogon for suspect tests. This means a lot of change in gameplay for many trainers currently engaged in the Meta.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Well, apparently, baton pass is now under the scanner for being suspected. Thoughts?

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Well, apparently, baton pass is now under the scanner for being suspected. Thoughts?

Ban the use of more than one Baton Pass user per team.

BP is bull****. I'll say it right there. How is it, that a playstyle, requiring very little skill at all, surpasses stall and HO? Proof? Most of the top OU ladder people use BP. Someone on Showdown I know has only battled 3 of the top ten, not including Denisssss, and they all used BP. So thats 4/10, but 10/10 is still possible. Remember that this is a competitive environment, and in such a place, a Playstyle requiring litte skill should not get you to the top of the ladder.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I'm not entirely sure of baton pass' brokenness, probably because I haven't really faced a really good baton pass player. Baton pass seems to just be a sort of tactic that beats most teams because they either haven't faced full baton pass before or because they aren't prepared for it (which is a majority of people). I agree that there isn't much skill involved though, and stall teams in general find it difficult to beat.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Alright guys, this is difficult but the guilds activity has dropped below par and I don't think it's gonna go too far. I'm totally out of competitive battling. If any of the three mentioned below would like to pick up on the guild, I'll give it or I MAY have to just close this thing. I'm not too sure but then I guess it's time.
-Mew The Gato
-T-Bolt
-Ced0mega.

Others, I trust you guys as well but I just feel these guys can just go on with the way this guild has reached already.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Alright guys, this is difficult but the guilds activity has dropped below par and I don't think it's gonna go too far. I'm totally out of competitive battling. If any of the three mentioned below would like to pick up on the guild, I'll give it or I MAY have to just close this thing. I'm not too sure but then I guess it's time.
-Mew The Gato
-T-Bolt
-Ced0mega.

Others, I trust you guys as well but I just feel these guys can just go on with the way this guild has reached already.

With the lack of participants for the tournament, I've been searching for outside sources as for as participants. We'll pick up on activity soon enough.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
If this guild could either close or lose it's leader, Ima leave. Sorry everybody. I was planning of leaving after the war to join DD anyway. Bye folks

Sad to see you leave. I'm doing some work to see to our becoming more active as we speak. Hopefully, with new people, it will work.

EDIT:

Lost my War matches against my opponent. Literally lost because of stall in both matches. Moreso the first than the second, due to some game changing haxes.

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Alright, so the time has come I finally declare my retirement from competitive Pokemon battling. Many thanks to Mew The Gato, Volcer, T-Bolt, RZK and many others who were a part of this guild even for just a bit. You guys have been amazing. When I first started this guild, I never thought that we would ever make it this far. The guild has been like a family winning wars and well, loosing them as well. I was at first planning on closing the guild due to lack of activity but then CedOmega said that he could get the guild some more members and get the guild going back on it's track.
Therefore I've decided it's time I pass on the guild's ownership to CedOmega himself. I'll Pop around every now-and-then.
Good Luck Ced.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Alright, so the time has come I finally declare my retirement from competitive Pokemon battling. Many thanks to Mew The Gato, Volcer, T-Bolt, RZK and many others who were a part of this guild even for just a bit. You guys have been amazing. When I first started this guild, I never thought that we would ever make it this far. The guild has been like a family winning wars and well, loosing them as well. I was at first planning on closing the guild due to lack of activity but then CedOmega said that he could get the guild some more members and get the guild going back on it's track.
Therefore I've decided it's time I pass on the guild's ownership to CedOmega himself. I'll Pop around every now-and-then.
Good Luck Ced.

With great thanks to you friend. I'd like to see you return one day. Once a battler, always a battler.

That aside, I'd like to enlist the help of T-Bolt and Mew to expand and find new, skillful trainers and possibly recruit them. I find that it helps to have more active members and a vast majority of them to keep a guild or group of people active all at once.

Cherche

Banned
User Name: Dr. Ciel (Soon to change)

Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: Cinco Diablo

Reason for Joining: Really gave this a lot of thought, but I'd feel that I can massively contribute to this Guild, among other things.

Referred by: N/a

Timezone (in GMT): -5 (EST)

Battle Experience (0-10): 9.5

Additional Comments?: None.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant

Reason for Joining: Really gave this a lot of thought, but I'd feel that I can massively contribute to this Guild, among other things.

Since I'm still a member here. Accepted. Enjoy your stay and hang around. We sadly do not have a XAT though. Hope you like the rest of the guild. Contact Mew The Gato or T-Bolt for a test battle.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223

Dr.Ciel! Yes! I'm happy to have you here. Guys, you may already know Ciel, but we go way back in Smogon B/W team rating days. ;)

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Wow, that was unexpected. Welcome Dr. Ciel! Maybe we can get this guild back on track.

Might as well drop a Competitive term of the week!

Life orb number- These are numbers that are 1 less than numbers divisible by 10. Using a Life orb number as your Hp stat means that you'll take the least amount of recoil from LO, which can be important in some situations considering that LO takes one-tenth of your Hp away each turn. LO numbers are particularly effective in LC, where a Hp stat of 19 means that you'll only take a recoil of 1 Hp each turn.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Wow, that was unexpected. Welcome Dr. Ciel! Maybe we can get this guild back on track.

Might as well drop a Competitive term of the week!

Life orb number- These are numbers that are 1 less than numbers divisible by 10. Using a Life orb number as your Hp stat means that you'll take the least amount of recoil from LO, which can be important in some situations considering that LO takes one-tenth of your Hp away each turn. LO numbers are particularly effective in LC, where a Hp stat of 19 means that you'll only take a recoil of 1 Hp each turn.

Wow, wait I never knew about this thing. So you mean in LC if HP stat is 19 LO would reduce just one HP but if the stat is 20-30-40etc it would take a damage of 10?

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Wow, wait I never knew about this thing. So you mean in LC if HP stat is 19 LO would reduce just one HP but if the stat is 20-30-40etc it would take a damage of 10?

No, not 10 Hp, one-tenth of the total Hp. Like if you have a Hp stat of 20, you would take 20/10=2 Hp recoil damage from life orb. But with a Hp stat of 19, you take 19/10=1.9 which is rounded down to just 1 Hp recoil each turn.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Dr. Ciel has been tested!

I lost 0-1. The opponent literally had 1% HP left.

Dr. Ciel's Score: 10 (Obviously.)
Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-390497

As expected, Dr. Ciel is qualified for the War Team.

Great match to see. That aside, will you be taking part in the tournaments soon to be held for the guild?

EDIT:
On a separate note, I'd like to extend my offer of training with other guild members in improving our skills. Together, we'll learn from one another and become more powerful trainers. If interested, send me a VM. I am perfectly capable of both WiFi and PS battles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.