• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sinjoh Connection - REBIRTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
SO, guys. How good is the tourney going?

Look, this is an important announcement I need to make. I have now officially quit battling. I'll try to keep this thread active and prevent it from shutting down. If you'll notice a downfall in my activity here due to ASB and things, Just feel free to contact me if you'll want to take the ownership of the guild.

Mew The Gato

Aside this, I prefer Venomoth over Masquerain since the access to Sleep Powder and "Tinted Lens" ability allows it to set up easily after a single Quiver Dance, given Sleep Powder lands. And it fears nothing of a Grass type coming in against it absorb the spores, since it's dual STABs both counter Grass types. Anything not hit super effectively is still hit hard thanks to its ability, and anything behind a Sub is handled with Bug Buzz.

I know that Masquerain is outclassed by lots of Pokemon as a Quiver Dancer, and its existence is even more difficult due to Talonflame's existence, but as I mentioned, I was merely trying it out because I love it. I am well aware of how bad it is at battling.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
You really shouldn't Baton Pass so early in the game. You get one chance to pass those, and if the entirety of the opponent's team is up, chances are you are going to be countered.

It actually doesn't matter when you pass the boost, It's more of a matter of oppurtunity. As long as potential taunt/encore users have been removed to get a successful smashpass, and counters to your smashpass receiver have been weakened enough for it to sweep, then your're good to go. Sometimes it's actually better to pass the boost as early as possible, since even if you fail (like due to a critical hit), the opponent's team will probably be weakened enough for the rest of your team to finish it off.

In this case, i knew suicune would be able to take one hit, but it can't OHKO without a calm mind boost. So it was imperative that I try to sweep before Suicune sets up, since suicune is a pretty big threat to my team overall. (and I'm not sure how beat it without completely altering the team, though Flygon is pretty removable)

Inferno Bird

[Insert usertitile]
It actually doesn't matter when you pass the boost, It's more of a matter of oppurtunity. As long as potential taunt/encore users have been removed to get a successful smashpass, and counters to your smashpass receiver have been weakened enough for it to sweep, then your're good to go. Sometimes it's actually better to pass the boost as early as possible, since even if you fail (like due to a critical hit), the opponent's team will probably be weakened enough for the rest of your team to finish it off.

In this case, i knew suicune would be able to take one hit, but it can't OHKO without a calm mind boost. So it was imperative that I try to sweep before Suicune sets up, since suicune is a pretty big threat to my team overall. (and I'm not sure how beat it without completely altering the team, though Flygon is pretty removable)

I was not talking about this team.

Any good team, like the ones higher in the ranks will have some way to take on physical attackers when boosted, like Cofagrigus. It's a matter of opportunity, and you generally won't have a good chance early one.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I was not talking about this team.

Any good team, like the ones higher in the ranks will have some way to take on physical attackers when boosted, like Cofagrigus. It's a matter of opportunity, and you generally won't have a good chance early one.

There are actually more oppurtunities early and mid-game than you think. It's hard to scout out a smashpass team using smeargle, since there's a good chance it could be a sticky web team as well. So people don't usually play pokemon that can potentially counter the smashpass team very conservatively, and it doesn't help that most bulky mons like cofagrigus are setup bait for Smeargle.

Late game also has a few constraints on baton passing. While I usually just hold on to my baton pass recepient until the right moment, in my team, metagross and blastoise also play important roles in patching up type synergy, so it's hard to not use them. If they take damage, they're more susceptible to revenge killing, so passing mid-game is often more optimal.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I know that Masquerain is outclassed by lots of Pokemon as a Quiver Dancer, and its existence is even more difficult due to Talonflame's existence, but as I mentioned, I was merely trying it out because I love it. I am well aware of how bad it is at battling.

Haha. I know you knew Mew, I was just meaning in general. Also, I have to agree with T-Bolt in the Baton Pass'ing matter. I've dabbled with using BP Smeargle and have found it being able to Spore and boost, then BP to something of a bulky attacker is almost devistating. Timing is only a situational concern, depending on the recipient, any possible hazards that have been set, opponent's defensive capability & possible team threats present. Smeargle is a great example of a Baton Passer since it's sets are completely unpredictable. I once successfully Baton Passed + 2 Speed and +1 Attack to a Conkeldurr(Assault Vest); whom then completely destroyed my opponent. Even in having a Ghost type, such as Gengar whose top Speed is 350, Conkeldurr without Speed investment and +2 Speed maxes out at 352 Speed and an astounding base Attack with an Adamant nature with great base Hp.(Talk about OP)

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I have been a little inactive recently...

does anyone know when we are gonna war anyone? I can't stand the wait :( Mew seems pretty adventurous to use Masquerian.

Forget the war, when are we going to start the tournament. We need more people to sign up.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Forget the war, when are we going to start the tournament. We need more people to sign up.

I have each bracket tournament set-up ready. I simply need participants. So far, I have Lord Fighting, T-Bolt, SilverChiko & Myself. I'm fairly certain Mew wants to be in the tournament, though, we do still need about 3 more participants.

Also, I will personally directly contact each member of the guild to ensure any involvement if need be.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I have each bracket tournament set-up ready. I simply need participants. So far, I have Lord Fighting, T-Bolt, SilverChiko & Myself. I'm fairly certain Mew wants to be in the tournament, though, we do still need about 3 more participants.

Also, I will personally directly contact each member of the guild to ensure any involvement if need be.

You also have me in the ou torny, i signed up ages ago.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
SO, guys how are things coming along for you'll in competitive? Good luck to those who are participating in the tourney.

Competitive is getting a bit less appealing at times with all the new rules being implemented, but I find comfort in making defensive and offensive cores for my Heavy Offensive play-styling. I moreso enjoy the in-game activity of breeding for shiny Pokémon. I'm currently racking up on flawless Noibat with Switcheroo in the process. Haha.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Competitive is getting a bit less appealing at times with all the new rules being implemented, but I find comfort in making defensive and offensive cores for my Heavy Offensive play-styling. I moreso enjoy the in-game activity of breeding for shiny Pokémon. I'm currently racking up on flawless Noibat with Switcheroo in the process. Haha.

What new rules?

I'm gonna be a lot more active now that my summer vacations have started. Been playing a lot of LC lately :p

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
What new rules?

The recent ban of Swagger was what I was meaning. It was really only banned because of the SwagPlay combo, which is easy to play around if you know how to properly.

Minedreigon

The recent ban of Swagger was what I was meaning. It was really only banned because of the SwagPlay combo, which is easy to play around if you know how to properly.

NO NO NO. Please, Ced, reconsider. Swagger was banned not because the playstyle was OP, but uncompetitive. Easy to play around? If you switch, you just get swagged again and have a chance to hit yourself. Only thing you can do? stall out it's PP. Luck that makes the ENTIRE game a coin flip is ridiculous and not welcome in a competitive environment, thus Swagger was banned.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
NO NO NO. Please, Ced, reconsider. Swagger was banned not because the playstyle was OP, but uncompetitive. Easy to play around? If you switch, you just get swagged again and have a chance to hit yourself. Only thing you can do? stall out it's PP. Luck that makes the ENTIRE game a coin flip is ridiculous and not welcome in a competitive environment, thus Swagger was banned.

Swagger was also a form of self boosting for certain Pokémon; I.e. Swag-Psych Mega Banette, whom otherwise lack a boosting move. Confusion decendant Pokémon like Confuse Ray Crobat, Rotom-W & Sableye still use confusion Hax to do as they please with little discretion.

Minedreigon

Swagger was also a form of self boosting for certain Pokémon; I.e. Swag-Psych Mega Banette, whom otherwise lack a boosting move. Confusion decendant Pokémon like Confuse Ray Crobat, Rotom-W & Sableye still use confusion Hax to do as they please with little discretion.

But can they abuse the strat by rasing their attack stat, and foul play? Not now they can't. Swagplay's luck was so bad as the conserquences were far more dire.

No offence but that banette set sounds horrid. Regardless, by using swagger it is still putting the game to a coinflip as that pokemon could be about to use a move that OHKO'es Mega Banette, but that turn COULD be wasted by swagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.