• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sinnoh League Predictions Thread

Torpoleon

Ash VS Paul- The Top 4 Sinnoh League Battle Part 3

Pikachu VS Electivire
Pikachu starts off with Quick Attack, but is hit by a surprise Flamethrower! Pikachu uses Quick Attack again and counters Flamethrower with Iron Tail. This created Flame Tail which hits Electivire. Pikachu counters Ice Punch with Iron Tail and then hits with a double Iron Tail! Electivire uses Protect on Volt Tackle and then uses Thunder and then Brick Break. Pikachu struggles to get up and then uses Volt Tackle as Electivire uses Thunder Punch. The moves collide causing a big explosion. Pikachu remains victorious!

Pikachu VS Magmortar
Thunderbolt & Flamethrower collide and then Pikachu hits with Volt Tackle, but is knocked out by Flamethrower.

Infernape VS Magmortar
Infernape starts off with Mach Punch and then uses Flare Blitz. From the smoke, Infernape had used Dig and then strikes Magmortar hard. Stumbling backwards, Magmortar hits with Thunderbolt and uses Rock Tomb to protect itself from Mach Punch. Magmortar then uses Smog, but it is deflected with the Flame Counter Shield. Infernape knocks out Magmortar with a Mach Punch-Flare Blitz Combination.

Infernape VS Torterra
Infernape dodges Stone Edge with Dig, but is hit with Earth Quake hard! Infernape uses Dig again and shields himself with Flame Wheel and hits Torterra from underneath with Flame Wheel followed by Flamethrower. Infernape goes in for Flare Blitz, but is stopped by Leaf Storm and hit hard by Hyper Beam. Infernape uses Flamethrower which hits, activating Torterra's Overgrow Ability! Torterra hits hard with Leaf Storm, activating Infernape's Blaze Ability! Infernape uses a new move, Blast Burn and then Torterra counters with Frenzy Plant. There is a crazy big explosion and it is revealed that Infernape, although pretty weary, has beaten Torterra. Ash has beaten Paul!

Ash's Wins:
Buizel- No Wins
Torterra- One Win: Paul's Honchkrow
Gible- One Win Paul's Weavile
Staraptor- No Wins
Pikachu- Two Wins: Paul's Ursaring & Paul's Electivire
Infernape- Two Wins: Paul's Magmortar & Paul's Torterra

Paul's Wins:
Honchkrow- No Wins
Weavile- One Win: Ash's Torterra
Ursaring- Two Wins: Ash's Gible & Ash's Staraptor
Electivire- No Wins
Magmortar- Two Wins: Ash's Buizel & Ash's Pikachu
Torterra- No Wins

So, that's what I think for Ash VS Paul in the Sinnoh League.

Last edited:
Okay, where are all of you getting the idea that there will be even a single trainer here with a legendary pokemon? They didn't have any legendaries on anybody's teams in any previous pokemon league (or other form of big tournament, for that matter), so why is everybody convinced that they will now?
I can definitely see them having Ash lose to Barry; Barry is a funny guy with limitless enthusiasm and energy, he deserves it. If that does happen, it would only be after Ash defeats Paul, of course. Think about it: Ash will definitely beat Paul because Paul is a first-class jackass who has beaten him in every one of their previous battles (except the one that ended in a tie); but who's to say Barry is definitely going to lose? Why shouldn't they do that and have the funny guy with a few cards short of a few deck come out on top?
Also, when did they ever actually say Conway was going to be in the SL? Did he ever actually say what he was trying to accomplish with his life? As far as I can remember, he never said anything about having any interest in gym battles. While it wouldn't surprise me if he did show up; I still must say that there has been no evidence in any episode I've seen that would lead me to think that he will. After all, whose rival is he? He has only showed any interest in Dawn; he has always seemed indiferent in his opinion of Ash; so I see no reason to call him Ash's rival. But, because he doesn't seem to be a coordinator either, he can't be called Dawn's rival either. At best he is a recurring character; he isn't anybody's rival.

TikiMOB

Barry just isn't in the same league as Ash or Paul. He'll lose to one of them.

Also, since when has Paul had a Feraligatr? Where did that come from?

Torpoleon

Yeah, this is a predictions thread, so therefore, you will see a lot of things that actually have not happened.

As for this Legendary Pokemon Trainer, I'm starting to think it might not be Buck. It would be cool if it was a trainer from Isshu with a Generation V Legendary Pokemon and some other Generation V Pokemon like the Grass Type Generation V Starter. (Harrison has Blaziken and eventually May had Blaziken and I think the new girl will have Tsutarja.)

WarriorX

Here's my hope for Ash vs. Paul. (Final battle, Ash barely beat LT in the semifinals) (First episode of two-episode battle vs. Paul)

Round 1: Buizel v. Torterra (Torterra is recalled)

After seeing Ice punch, Paul recalls Torterra for Electivire.

Round 2: Buizel v. Electivire (Buizel is recalled)

Ash wisely switches out Buizel for Torterra.

Round 3: Torterra v. Electivire (Electivire is recalled)

Since it doesn't know Ice or thunder punch, Paul has no choice but to recall his Electivire.

Round 4: Torterra v. Honchkrow (Torterra)

[Hoping that Ash's Torterra would have learned Stone Edge by Ash v. Paul]
Torterra hits first with Stone Edge. Honchkrow goes in for a sky attack, but Torterra uses its sheer bulk to repel the attack, and hits with stone edge again. Honchkrow uses Dark pulse which hits Torterra, but then Torterra uses Rock climb, Honchkrow uses Sky attack, huge explosion --> Honchkrow faints.

Round 5: Torterra v. Torterra (Paul's Torterra)

Ash's Torterra gets in a few hits with Leaf storm and stone edge, but is knocked out by Hyper Beam.

Round 6: Gible v. Torterra (Gible)

Gible uses Dragon pulse first, hitting Torterra hard. (Opponents always seemed to dodge Dragon pulse before, so I wanted it to hit) Torterra gets in a few hits but is knocked out by a successful DM.

Round 7: Gible v. Weavile (Weavile)

Gible falls to Weavile's ice attacks very quickly.

Round 8: Buizel v. Weavile (Buizel)

[Buizel hasn't won many battles lately, so it should win one against Paul. I wish/hope it had evolved/will evolved, but it probably won't.]

Buizel uses Water Gun, hitting Weavile. Weavile goes for Night slash, and hits Buizel. After exchanging a few more blows, Weavile goes for Ice beam, and Buizel pulls off an Ice-aqua-jet defeating Weavile.

BREAK: Ash's Torterra and Gible have been defeated with Buizel, Staraptor, Pikachu, and Infernape left. Paul's Honchkrow, Torterra, and Weavile have been defeated with Magmortar, Ursaring, and Electivire left.

[Next part of prediction up later]

TamerJay

Is it confirmed that Ash will battle the Legendary trainer, or just that there will be one in the League?

^seriously, where did they say anything about a legendary trainer at all? If they didn't have any trainers with legends in the Kanto, Orange, Johto, or Hoenn leagues, why would they now? That would be overkill (unless by legendary trainer you mean league-exclusive trainer). Please, someone please explain to me where everybody is getting this idea that a trainer in the league will have a legendary.

Torpoleon

I'm starting to think it might not be Buck who is the Legendary Pokemon Trainer. It should be someone from Isshu with a Generation V Legendary Pokemon(not Zekrom or Reshiram) and also have some other Generation V Pokemon, like I stated. We'll find out soon enough.

Dax

Legend
I'm starting to think it might not be Buck who is the Legendary Pokemon Trainer. It should be someone from Isshu with a Generation V Legendary Pokemon(not Zekrom or Reshiram) and also have some other Generation V Pokemon, like I stated. We'll find out soon enough.

If Zekrom and Reshiram are the main legends of the Black and White games then I doubt they will show up in a league. It's like a trainer pulling Palkia or Dialga... would be too much.

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
If Zekrom and Reshiram are the main legends of the Black and White games then I doubt they will show up in a league. It's like a trainer pulling Palkia or Dialga... would be too much.

Actually, I like the idea personally. If Ash loses to Paul, and Paul expects the last trainer before Cynthia to be a pushover, we might see the appearance of Ethan or Lucas in their first Sinnoh League debut.

Of course, revealing the legendary should be carefully handled. if Lucas whips out a Dialga, that means he's putting his greatest power on deck out for showing off. It would be so much better if he spends his first few powerhouses whipping Paul, then throws out our favorite time dragon to bring the final amount of intimidation needed to put at least a hint of uncertainty into Cynthia.

Seeing this kind of legendary could also give hope to Ash that even if he's lost, it's not because he's a bad trainer. it's because he needs to set his goals a little higher. He already has many great fighters in storage. Imagine the new additions he could make in Isshu if he worked a little harder and broadened his goals from just battling Gym Leaders and beating the region league.

So that's my analysis. Comments?

Actually, I like the idea personally. If Ash loses to Paul, and Paul expects the last trainer before Cynthia to be a pushover, we might see the appearance of Ethan or Lucas in their first Sinnoh League debut.

#1: Remember, this is the anime, not the game; they don't battle the champion in the league in the show. In the show, they need to make special challenges to the E4 members, beat them, and then fight the current champion; it's not like the games where you just get the badges and go straight to the E4 and champion.

#2: I don't expect Ethan or Lucas here because the male protagonists from the game never appear in the series as any more than cameos in the opening sequences of movies.

Torpoleon

Of course, revealing the legendary should be carefully handled. if Lucas whips out a Dialga, that means he's putting his greatest power on deck out for showing off. It would be so much better if he spends his first few powerhouses whipping Paul, then throws out our favorite time dragon to bring the final amount of intimidation needed to put at least a hint of uncertainty into Cynthia.

Seeing this kind of legendary could also give hope to Ash that even if he's lost, it's not because he's a bad trainer. it's because he needs to set his goals a little higher. He already has many great fighters in storage. Imagine the new additions he could make in Isshu if he worked a little harder and broadened his goals from just battling Gym Leaders and beating the region league.

So that's my analysis. Comments?
But aren't there some Legendary Pokemon where there is just one of them, like Dialga, Palkia, Giratina & Arceus. We'll have to wait and see. We should be getting the first couple of Sinnoh League Episode Titles before the end of June 2010.

This thread shall only be closed when ever Sinnoh League Episode Title has been revealed with there being available threads for them.

Bubblewrap

I have a question, and I think is best suited here. If the last episode we know the title of and release, DP182, airing June 24, will these episodes follow onto july? If the film marks the end of dp saga, how will these episodes fit between June 24 and the release of the film in July.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - I have looked around and cannot find the answer.
I can't wait for these episodes. I think the writers will stop ash winning, which is a shame.

It'd be funny if Barry beat paul, but not likely.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I have a question, and I think is best suited here. If the last episode we know the title of and release, DP182, airing June 24, will these episodes follow onto july? If the film marks the end of dp saga, how will these episodes fit between June 24 and the release of the film in July.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - I have looked around and cannot find the answer.
I can't wait for these episodes. I think the writers will stop ash winning, which is a shame.

It'd be funny if Barry beat paul, but not likely.
Movie 13 doesn't end the DP Saga. The DP Saga ends in Japan during Fall 2010, probably Sept. 2010 since that is when Pokemon Black & White Versions come out. There will be more episodes in July 2010, obviously.

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
#1: Remember, this is the anime, not the game; they don't battle the champion in the league in the show. In the show, they need to make special challenges to the E4 members, beat them, and then fight the current champion; it's not like the games where you just get the badges and go straight to the E4 and champion.

#2: I don't expect Ethan or Lucas here because the male protagonists from the game never appear in the series as any more than cameos in the opening sequences of movies.

#1 I'm aware that the anime doesn't follow the game E4 structure. But Ash has said to Paul that the winner of the tournament will get to face Cynthia, mainly in "Chim-Charred".

#2 Possibilities are to be believed in, if not always realized. I'm hoping we can see a special cameo. I'm not saying that's what will be.

Champion Jared 14

It still doesn't matter because even if Ash were to challenge Cynthia or any E4 member, they will undeniably wipe the floor with him...

I guess Nando winning the league is out then? It's just not fair since he didn't get to win the Grand Festival...I just don't want to see Conway as a big league contender...

ssquaderi8

If people read my comment on the ash's pokemon u'll understand but, i'll just say it again anyway.

Unlike the Hoenn League, Oak and Delia come to watch ash

I think that ash will use all of his pkmn in the sinnoh league, but charizard cant make it coz he bred with liza's charizard and he's looking after charmanders and charmeleon, and officer jenny says tshe can't make it in time for the sinnoh league but she'll try so ash can be reunited with squirtle. And also Heracross evolved at Oak's into an Isshu region pkmn which is when ash finds out about the next region

1st match, double battle vs girl who ash recognises but cant remember who it is, the girl doesn't know ash at all:

the girl then sends out 2 butterfree, 1 normal and 1 shiny, straight away the normal butterfree runs towards ash bcoz it's his, bcoz of this the girl has to forfeit. After the match the girl gives butterfree back to ash. She explains that after the breeding season the shiny butterfree found its trainer with ash's butterfree but ash's cudnt find ash.

Ash then wins and gets to the 6-6 full battle stage with Nando, Barry, Paul and the legendary guy.

In his first battle he vs's nando and wins while lo.sing only 4 pokemon.

Then in the final 16, he vs's a random which ash just wins.

Then in final 8 ash will def. win but i'm not sure whether it'll be paul vs barry or ash vs barry, if it is ash vs barry in the final battle its barry's heracross vs ash's evolved heracross which ash wins easily.

Then he vs's paul and wins in the final battle infernape vs torterra and paul admits he shudnt've released chimchar.

Then when ash finds out he's vsing the legendary in the final, he so far only used 2 pokemon for each battle, and they are zorua and zoroark, so bcoz he finds out they are dark type he doesnt have a psychic pkmn other than noctowl so he asks his mom if he can use mr. mime and she says yes. Then in the final match zorua and zoroark both lose to ash's first pkmn just with mr.mime and then he wins easily coz the rest of his pkmn are crap, just kidding ash gets defeated easily but ash duz beat both zorua and zoroark just with mr. mime.

Then ash goes to ishhu but im not sure which starter he'll get i think he'll get the grass (he always gets the grass) and the fire (coz it looks like an awesome fighter) and brock'll get the water one (coz sum1 has to have it ash wont coz it looks weak and dawn wont coz it's not really that cute, brock'll get it coz he's a breeder and he'll make it really cool, i don't think dawn will join but if she does she'll get the grass type as well as ash.

Torpoleon

If people read my comment on the ash's pokemon u'll understand but, i'll just say it again anyway.

Unlike the Hoenn League, Oak and Delia come to watch ash

I think that ash will use all of his pkmn in the sinnoh league, but charizard cant make it coz he bred with liza's charizard and he's looking after charmanders and charmeleon, and officer jenny says tshe can't make it in time for the sinnoh league but she'll try so ash can be reunited with squirtle. And also Heracross evolved at Oak's into an Isshu region pkmn which is when ash finds out about the next region

1st match, double battle vs girl who ash recognises but cant remember who it is, the girl doesn't know ash at all:

the girl then sends out 2 butterfree, 1 normal and 1 shiny, straight away the normal butterfree runs towards ash bcoz it's his, bcoz of this the girl has to forfeit. After the match the girl gives butterfree back to ash. She explains that after the breeding season the shiny butterfree found its trainer with ash's butterfree but ash's cudnt find ash.

Ash then wins and gets to the 6-6 full battle stage with Nando, Barry, Paul and the legendary guy.

In his first battle he vs's nando and wins while lo.sing only 4 pokemon.

Then in the final 16, he vs's a random which ash just wins.

Then in final 8 ash will def. win but i'm not sure whether it'll be paul vs barry or ash vs barry, if it is ash vs barry in the final battle its barry's heracross vs ash's evolved heracross which ash wins easily.

Then he vs's paul and wins in the final battle infernape vs torterra and paul admits he shudnt've released chimchar.

Then when ash finds out he's vsing the legendary in the final, he so far only used 2 pokemon for each battle, and they are zorua and zoroark, so bcoz he finds out they are dark type he doesnt have a psychic pkmn other than noctowl so he asks his mom if he can use mr. mime and she says yes. Then in the final match zorua and zoroark both lose to ash's first pkmn just with mr.mime and then he wins easily coz the rest of his pkmn are crap, just kidding ash gets defeated easily but ash duz beat both zorua and zoroark just with mr. mime.

Then ash goes to ishhu but im not sure which starter he'll get i think he'll get the grass (he always gets the grass) and the fire (coz it looks like an awesome fighter) and brock'll get the water one (coz sum1 has to have it ash wont coz it looks weak and dawn wont coz it's not really that cute, brock'll get it coz he's a breeder and he'll make it really cool, i don't think dawn will join but if she does she'll get the grass type as well as ash.
Actually, I doubt Ash will use all of reserves. I also doubt Charizard & Charla bred for a Charmander. I think Ash will use the reserves shown in the recent Japanese Opening which are Muk, Snorlax, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Noctowl, Donphan and Swellow.