• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sinnoh League Predictions Thread

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Best bet goes to Kingler, Muk, Johto starters, Noctowl, Heracross, Donphan, Corphish and Glalie. I can't remember, but I don't recall seeing a Bulbasaur in the opening... Then again, Snorlax was in it, but I don't really wanna see Ash use his Pokemon from the Powerhouse category. It's no doubt that Charizard, Snorlax and Sceptile are Ash's very best Pokemon that are not from Sinnoh and not on-hand. Powerhouses like the 3 I just mentioned suggest tough battles. Tough battles suggest Paul. Paul suggests development. Development calls for the Sinnoh team. All 6 Pokemon of Ash's at the moment have some sort of issue with a "Paul" Pokemon in some form or another. Not just Infernape. I hope for Torterra to learn a Rock type move to take out Honchrow such as Rock Slide or Stone Edge. I was hoping for Ancientpower but I checked Bulbapedia and it is not listed as something he can learn. Buizel does have Ice Punch, but I just wanna know what/how Ash will use it. Only advantages really are Honchkrow (a Flying type) and Torterra (4X, because of Grass/Ground). And he's not strong enough at all to take out Magmortar, despite the type advantage Water has on Fire. To be honest, nothing at all in a Buizel move table that would be useful at all. So Buizel is arguably Ash's weakest Sinnoh Pokemon right now. Only attacks I see useful for Staraptor are Roost, U-turn, and Brave Bird, though I have yet to see Ash training the bird (he could find the time....). Infernape's fine, though I would like him to find an upgrade for Mach Punch, possibly Brick Break (it'll prove very useful against Electabuzz's Protect/any other defensive moves like that which Paul would use), and I would like to see Flare Blitz. Dig's fine, I expect to see either Infernape or Gible use Dig on Empoleon (a Steel type). Gible's fine, all he needs is to master Draco Meteor and maybe Crunch.

For the reserves, I don't know 100% what the rest will have, but I want Totodile to have Ice Fang, Superpower and either Crunch or Waterfall.

Edit: I'm not really sure if Pikachu will learn anything. He learned Iron Tail and Volt Tackle last saga. There was the Thunder Armor improv in Ash vs Tate&Liza, but I'm not really sure here... Possibly he'll use an illegal move such as Megakick or something, for example. Or, maybe he might think smart and use Rain Dance? Ash could possibly get Pika to use Rain Dance, recall the mouse, send out Buizel, bam, Swift Swim! Or, going by Game info, Rain Dance raises Accuracy for moves such as Thunder, and decreases the effectiveness of Solar Beam (for all we know, Torterra could possibly know that Grass move...) Or maybe Magmortar knows Solar Beam...

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I guess Nando winning the league is out then? It's just not fair since he didn't get to win the Grand Festival...I just don't want to see Conway as a big league contender...

Well, if Nando has the legendary pokemon (which could be true) it is very possible, but I won't count on this. Ash should beat Nando, actually I think Ash won't battle Barry but Nando and Paul should be beaten by him. If Ash won't fight him at all I'll be disappointed, since Dawn didn't in the GF.

I'd say it might be like this:

6 vs 6, top 16:
Ash - Nando(Ash)
Paul - Barry(Paul)

Top 8:
Ash - Paul (Ash)

Best bet goes to Kingler, Muk, Johto starters, Noctowl, Heracross, Donphan, Corphish and Glalie. I can't remember, but I don't recall seeing a Bulbasaur in the opening... Then again, Snorlax was in it, but I don't really wanna see Ash use his Pokemon from the Powerhouse category. It's no doubt that Charizard, Snorlax and Sceptile are Ash's very best Pokemon that are not from Sinnoh and not on-hand. Powerhouses like the 3 I just mentioned suggest tough battles. Tough battles suggest Paul. Paul suggests development. Development calls for the Sinnoh team. All 6 Pokemon of Ash's at the moment have some sort of issue with a "Paul" Pokemon in some form or another. Not just Infernape. I hope for Torterra to learn a Rock type move to take out Honchrow such as Rock Slide or Stone Edge. I was hoping for Ancientpower but I checked Bulbapedia and it is not listed as something he can learn. Buizel does have Ice Punch, but I just wanna know what/how Ash will use it. Only advantages really are Honchkrow (a Flying type) and Torterra (4X, because of Grass/Ground). And he's not strong enough at all to take out Magmortar, despite the type advantage Water has on Fire. To be honest, nothing at all in a Buizel move table that would be useful at all. So Buizel is arguably Ash's weakest Sinnoh Pokemon right now. Only attacks I see useful for Staraptor are Roost, U-turn, and Brave Bird, though I have yet to see Ash training the bird (he could find the time....). Infernape's fine, though I would like him to find an upgrade for Mach Punch, possibly Brick Break (it'll prove very useful against Electabuzz's Protect/any other defensive moves like that which Paul would use), and I would like to see Flare Blitz. Dig's fine, I expect to see either Infernape or Gible use Dig on Empoleon (a Steel type). Gible's fine, all he needs is to master Draco Meteor and maybe Crunch.

For the reserves, I don't know 100% what the rest will have, but I want Totodile to have Ice Fang, Superpower and either Crunch or Waterfall.

Well Ice Punch can come handy against Torterra(just like you said) and I don't think writers gave it that attack without a purpose. I believe that it was given that move to counter Torterra just because last time he was recalled against Torterra. Maybe in league Paul send out Torterra and Ash send out Buizel. Ash doesn't recall Buizel and Paul gives that evil smirk. Tough battle but Buizel ends it with Ice Punch much to Paul's amazement. As for Weakest part, Gible is still the weakest.

Edit: I'm not really sure if Pikachu will learn anything. He learned Iron Tail and Volt Tackle last saga. There was the Thunder Armor improv in Ash vs Tate&Liza, but I'm not really sure here... Possibly he'll use an illegal move such as Megakick or something, for example. Or, maybe he might think smart and use Rain Dance? Ash could possibly get Pika to use Rain Dance, recall the mouse, send out Buizel, bam, Swift Swim! Or, going by Game info, Rain Dance raises Accuracy for moves such as Thunder, and decreases the effectiveness of Solar Beam (for all we know, Torterra could possibly know that Grass move...) Or maybe Magmortar knows Solar Beam...

Or maybe Paul's Electabuzz knows Thunder and I think it does. And Rain Dance also reduces the power of Fire type moves.

cauldronmaster

For movepools, i would say about 90% of them are getting "move upgrades" (ie. razor leaf > leaf storm, bite > crunch, peck > aerial ace). After that, at best, each would get one brand new move to use.

For these, I will be satisfied if any of the following occur (obviously, only one of the below choices per pokemon):

Totodile: aqua jet/waterfall/ice fang
Cyndaquil/Torkoal: Eruption/lava plume
Noctowl: Dream eater/air slash/night shade/psycho shift
Muk: Gunk shot
Kingler/Corphish: Agility/dragon dance/metal claw(steel attacks have been proven to be electricity absorbers)
Glalie: Sheer Cold/Avalanche
Bayleef: Aromatherapy/Seed bomb
Donphan: Earth power/Ice shard/Head Smash (learns mid-battle)
Snorlax: Giga Impact

Again, if any of the above occur, I will be content

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I am starting to think the same thing will happen to Ash to what happened to Dawn.

Dawn had 5 Rivals, and battled 3 only. Ash has 4 rivals, and if you want to count the Legendary Trainer, then 5. Since Dawn didn't battle Nando, I hope Ash does. We know he'll battle Paul & the LT. For some AshXDawn moments, then Conway too. Since Barry didn't get to battle Paul, I am starting to think he will battle Paul.... but it sucks, since I was hoping Ash would battle Barry, Nando, Conway, and Paul..... but that's asking for the impossible.....-_-

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus

On the bolded comments:

I don't get where people get this idea that Magmortar is uber powerful. It's been in one battle. Sure, it's strong, why wouldn't it be? it's Paul's after all, but people seem to be making it out to be as strong as Torterra or something. Paul withdrew it when it was against Buizel. One can assume that that was because he believed that in the long term that Paul knew that it would lose to Buizel. So either Buizel's strong enough to match Pauls uber Magmortar, or Magmortars so weak that it can't beat Ash's "weakest Sinnoh Pokemon". Or, much mre likely, they are both an average strength. Sorry to go on a rant, it's not just you, I've seen loads of people say either Magmortar's super strong or Buizel's super weak.

Brick Break doesn't go through Protect.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I am starting to think the same thing will happen to Ash to what happened to Dawn.

Dawn had 5 Rivals, and battled 3 only. Ash has 4 rivals, and if you want to count the Legendary Trainer, then 5. Since Dawn didn't battle Nando, I hope Ash does. We know he'll battle Paul & the LT. For some AshXDawn moments, then Conway too. Since Barry didn't get to battle Paul, I am starting to think he will battle Paul.... but it sucks, since I was hoping Ash would battle Barry, Nando, Conway, and Paul..... but that's asking for the impossible.....-_-

I see Ash battling only not battling Barry since he battled with him a couple of time already, Paul is the main rival so he has to fight and its obvious, Nando didnt fight Dawn so i think he will fight Ash unless he gets trashed by the wildcard Conway wich would be awesome but yeah the only one i dont see Ash battling is Barry the others will battle him for sure or most likelly atleast.

Torpoleon

It probably will be where Ash battles Conway, Nando, Paul & the Legendary Pokemon Trainer. Paul should battle Barry and beat him also. I guess we will just have to wait and see. It would have been cool if Ash would battle all of his rivals, but as you said, that seems impossible.

JD

Well for possible new moves

Snorlax : Focus Blast, Sleep Talk, ThunderPunch
Muk : Shadow Punch, Gunk Shot,
Quilava : Flare Blitz, Extrasensory, Double Team
Totodile/Croconaw : Aqua Jet, Ice Fang, Superpower
Bayleef : Seed Bomb, Acientpower, Grasswhistle
Noctowl : Sky Attack, Air Slash, Psychic
Corphish : X-Scissor, Whirlpool
Torkoal: Earthpower
Glalie : Ice Shard, Gyro Ball, Dark Pulse

Length of the Battles
Ash vs Paul - 2 Episodes
Ash vs Legendary Trainer - 2 Episodes
Ash vs Barry 1 1/2 Episodes.
Ash vs Conway - 1 Episode
Ash vs Nando 1/2 Episode
Preliminaries 1 Episode
So the league would be around 8 episodes I guess and would start D/P 183 and end D/P 191.

Torpoleon

Just so you guys know, Ash's Cyndaquil is evolving into Quilava in DP182. I'm telling those who don't know so you don't post Sinnoh League battles with it as a Cyndaquil. You forgot Donphan, Mudkip43.

Moves I think Ash's Old Pokemon should use during the Sinnoh League:
Muk- Sludge Bomb, Poison Gas, Body Slam, Gunk Shot, Mud Bomb & Poison Jab
Snorlax- Ice Punch, Hyper Beam, Protect, Body Slam, Rest, Giga Impact & Sleep Talk
Noctowl- Hypnosis, Confusion, Air Slash, Zen Headbutt, Aerial Ace & Sly Attack
Donphan- Hyper Beam, Rollout, Defense Curl, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang & Ice Shard
Totodile- Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Super Power & Crunch
Bayleef- Razor Leaf, Body Slam, Leaf Storm, Ancient Power & Grass Whistle
Corphish- Crabhammer, Bubblebeam, X-Scissor, Night Slash & Crunch

I'll do the rest later since I have to log off.