• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Sinnoh Region Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnoh Ash

Electrifying Hair
Hippowdon was easy a long as you had Grass Knot. :p

LizardonX

Banned

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Or anything else super effective with a base power over 70

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The Sinnoh Club Drawing Contest

Hey all! This is your Admin C, Lanturn. Anyways, dirkac and I decide to host our first Sinnoh Club contest. This contest is about drawing and will require your artistic talents, as well as a pen and paper! Don't worry if you're a bad drawer, those who are willing to participate still gets a prize!. Of course, it's not as grand as the winner, but you still get one. Dirkac and I will keep our mouth shut on this one!

RULES to abide by
1. No Nudity please, please keep it clean. If you submit any inappropriate drawings, it may cost you an infraction in the club.
2. NONONONO Plagarism. Plagarism is a serious offense and you might get kicked out :) For safety purposes, please sign your username at the bottom of your drawing,
3. One submission per person. If you wish to submit or replace the one you have submitted, please pm/vm me or Dirkac on the change.
4. Good sportsmanship. Don't rage on dirkac or I for not choosing you on first place or harass the winner please!
5. You are recommended to draw Sinnoh Pokemon, but others are fine too.
6. Last but not least, have fun! Do your best!

Also, to prove that you read the rules, you must put Artistic behind your username, so if I'm signing up it'd be like
Username: OceanicLanturn Artistic

Schedule for the Contest
30/09 ~ 07/10: Registration Week
07/10 ~ 14/10: Submission Week
14/10: Winner Announcement

Dirkac and I are on GMT +8/9, so please submit early to prevent any accidental time zone mess up.

When you finish your work, please pm it to both dirkac and I. It can be digital as well, but you MUST do it yourself.

In case you're curious, we will be grading on the basis of 10 marks. We will pm each of you your results, to ensure privacy.

Here's the format
Username: OceanicLanturn
Grading: 8.5/10
Dirkac's comment: Good job! The lines are a bit rough though. Had to give you a downgrade because of that. Also, you missed out certain details on Manaphy and Cherrim, but it is made up by your varieties of Pokemon you drew. Not a bad job at all!
Lanturn's comment: I like this piece of work. The proportion between Cherrim and Manaphy isnt the best, but passable. I see you put in a lot of effort in your art piece, so I'll give you some marks for that. Keep trying though!

Best of Luck!
- Lanturn

Just to let all of you know, this is real, so don't you want a special prize?

Anyway, Bertha wasn't hard at all, Empoleon and Roserade beat her easily with BubbleBeam and Giga Drain, Aaron is a whole different story though...

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Who is your favorite Elite 4 member?
For me it's Lucian. In Platinum he has Gallade , Espeon and Alakazam which I all liked , and he was a challenge.

What are your opinions on Team Galactic?
Overall , they are a pretty challenging team , especially in the beginning when the Commmanders are using Last Evo Pogeys...

Just to let all of you know, this is real, so don't you want a special prize

LoL, no one takes it seriously.

And I said this Club would be popular ;)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hey, I'd like to join.

Username: TheSketchQueen
Favorite thing abut Sinnoh? The ingame history... I love the Canalave Library, and Dialga is rockin' awesome!

Accepted! Canalave Library is great. Too bad it's a bit little known.

Oh, and Sinnoh Ash and Adalricus, you both ranked up to the Turtwig Rank!

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Turtwig? Huh? Sweet, i guess. lol
I caught a Meditite, after failing to find a Medicham, in Mt. Coronet.
Does anyone know how the ability "Pure Power" works?

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Turtwig? Huh? Sweet, i guess. lol
I caught a Meditite, after failing to find a Medicham, in Mt. Coronet.
Does anyone know how the ability "Pure Power" works?

If I remember correctly, doubles Medichams attack.

Also guys, out orders have come in! The Turtwig and Piplup banners are ready, I'll be editing in ASAP, as I get the link.

Also, dirkac, you might want to drop the idea for now :p

Piplup
SinnohWaterTypeRain_zpsa6cc4801.png

Turtwig
SinnohGrassTypeRain_zpsbe05fc07.png

Both are made by SketchQueen :3 So all credits go to her!

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Yup! I'll edit in the Piplup banner right now! Only Chimchar to wait...

Anyway, me and Oceanic have decided to delay the drawing contest for another time, when the Club has a few more members.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
It's interrogration Time! (how ironic, consider the questions I was gonna ask...

Who is your favorite Galactic Commander and why?

No Cyrus btw and yes, Charon counts too.

Mine is Mars. Her portrayal in the manga just added to the fact how much I liked her and how awesome she is. I mean, who doesn't like a manzai loving evil commander. ... As well as one who annoys Saturn.

DISC-YU-AS :D

Also, Hardest is Cynthia if she's counted. But Lucian was hardest to me. Luckily this time I got an Empoleon that can wall, but I think he has Focus Blast, so Houndy doesn't work too ;(

Here's my team if anyones interested (Post yours too!)
I restarted my game so this would probably be how it would be at the end

Empole the Empoleon
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Drill Peck
Alta the Altaria
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fly
Houndy the Houndoom
- Nasty Plot
- Roar
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
AMBIPOM the Ambipom
- Double Hit
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Punch / Drain Punch
- Baton Pass
Tangy the Tangrowth
- Leaf Storm
- Mega/Giga Drain
- Poisonpowder
- Paralysepowder
Last member is undecided 80% a ice cream Froslass and 20% Glalie :D

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, my current team on Platinum is:

- Torterra.
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Chrunch

- Umbreon (bred in-game)
- Dark Pulse
- Fake Tears
- Confuse Ray
- Psychic

- Milotic (Obtained from a Friend as Feebas-Egg)
- Surf
- Icy Wind
- Aqua Ring
- Attract

- Houndoom
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Roar

- Staraptor
- Fly
- Quick Attack
- Roost
- Close Combat

- Gallade
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Reflect
- Thunderpunch

My current location is the areas between the resort area and survival area, where I train my team to beat the E4 again.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
It's interrogration Time! (how ironic, consider the questions I was gonna ask...

No Cyrus btw and yes, Charon counts too.

Mine is Mars. Her portrayal in the manga just added to the fact how much I liked her and how awesome she is. I mean, who doesn't like a manzai loving evil commander. ... As well as one who annoys Saturn.

DISC-YU-AS :D

Also, Hardest is Cynthia if she's counted. But Lucian was hardest to me. Luckily this time I got an Empoleon that can wall, but I think he has Focus Blast, so Houndy doesn't work too ;(

Here's my team if anyones interested (Post yours too!)
I restarted my game so this would probably be how it would be at the end

Empole the Empoleon
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Drill Peck
Alta the Altaria
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fly
Houndy the Houndoom
- Nasty Plot
- Roar
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
AMBIPOM the Ambipom
- Double Hit
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Punch / Drain Punch
- Baton Pass
Tangy the Tangrowth
- Leaf Storm
- Mega/Giga Drain
- Poisonpowder
- Paralysepowder
Last member is undecided 80% a ice cream Froslass and 20% Glalie :D

Haha, I'll be sure to add it.

My favorite Commander is Mars too, Jupiter is, erm, just no. And Saturn is too far into the game to be of any importance to me. Charon just won't since he never battles you, he's just there.

Anyway, I also restarted Platinum, and have my team planned, this is what it should be in the end:

Plupole the Empoleon
Brine
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Drill Peck

Bellchime the Chimecho
Extrasensory
Shadow Ball
Icy Wind
Signal Beam/Heal Bell

Shixray the Luxray
Thunder Fang
Iron Tail
Crunch
Scary Face

Dewrose the Roserade
Giga Drain
Weather Ball
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

Jubilee the Togekiss
Aura Sphere
AncientPower
Magical Leaf
Fly

Drifty the Drifblim
Gust
Ominous Wind
Charge Beam
Calm Mind

And I actually have a few poké trained too, in case I would want to change my team.

Chomp the Garchomp
Crunch
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Dragon Rush

Lurio the Lucario
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Flash Cannon

Frolis the Froslass
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Water Pulse
Signal Beam

Sketchie

literally some guy
Well, I have all three games. My diamond team's pretty small, with only four pokemon... I leave the other two slots open.

Pipsqueak - Empoleon
Hydrocannon
Flash Cannon
Surf
I can't remember - I'll update later

Diana - Dialga
Draco Meteor
Roar of Time
Dragon Pulse
Flash Cannon

Lucas - Lucario
Aura Sphere
Focus Punch
I can't remember.

Stary - Staraptor
Fly
Brave Bird
Defog?
Why can't I remember any of these stupid moves!?

I just restarted Pearl, so I only have a turtwig (Twigman!) and my platinum is hacked. Long story short, everything's lv 100.

And as for my favorite commander... Jupiter or Saturn. Mars gets on my nerves. Probably since she's the first one I battle.

Who is your favorite Elite 4 member?

Aaron would be mine. People thought a Bug type Elite 4 member would be easy to defeat, but once Drapion's out, it's a different story. My Staraptor soon defeated it after a few Brave Birds. :)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
For me it's probably Mars , her sprite is pretty cool and her humor amuses me.

Mars would be mine. Her design is cool. Purugly isn't one of my favorites, but it did give me a run for my money when I first battled her. I did think Jupiter would have had an accent though.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I just rememberd another reason to like Mars more. She thought me and Dawn were a couple. Cute.

LizardonX

Banned

Saturn, for being alongside cyrus, a possible candidate for dawn's true father, no that scientist does not count IMO

He also recognizes the error his ways and peacefully stop fighting rather than be arrested at Stark mountain. Plus he is now the leader of team galactic in the games, and under his leadership it will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.