• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Six Signs of Courage (OU RMT)

Mawile

Hey everyone! It'sa me and I'm really enjoying X and Y. New Pokémon, new friends and a whole lotta fun! Anyway, I'm here today because I've come up with a pretty strong team that's currently under construction. This team is playing with the Item Clause rule.

Without further ado, heeeeeeeeeere's my first Pokémon X team!

Tyranitar

Nature: Careful

IV's: 31/x/31/x/31/x

EV's: 252 HP/176 Def/82 Sp. Def

Ability: Sand Stream

Held Item: Tyranitarite

Stone Edge

Crunch

Dragon Tail

Stealth Rock

The first member in line is good old Tyranitar! The Pokémon still impresses us all with it's brutal power and reliable team support. Trainers must never mess with this Pokémon or they'll be pinned down like a ton of bricks!

Stone Edge and Crunch are needed for this Pokémon to leave dents on opponents. Flying, Ice, Fire, Psychic and Ghost types would surely be afraid of those moves. Dragon Tail is an interesting move to put on Tyranitar because it's quite useful for switching opponents Pokémon at random and also stops those that try to set up if the time is right. Great for stopping Baton Passers, ain't that right Ninjask? Stealth Rock sets up rocks for additional damage to opposing Pokémon that were sent out. A real danger to Fire and Flying types if I say so myself.

So far, I found the Tyranitarite and I'm quite interested on how Tyranitar would do when it Mega Evolves. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Unfortunately, Tyranitar's attacks can be prevailed against Pokémon such as Mawile, Steelix, Ferrothorn and maybe Scizor. Those Pokémon can be real trouble if they are in the arena. Also, Fighting types would definitely pulverize this Pokémon! That's why when a Fighting type or move is in my sight, I switch out for a Pokémon to take the hit.

Noivern

Nature: Timid

IV's: 31/x/x/31/x/31

EV's: 6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe

Ability: Frisk

Held Item: Life Orb

Draco Meteor

Hurricane

Flamethrower

Boomburst

This is one of my new favorites in the game. Cool looking and very, VERY fast! It even outspeeds Latios and Latias which amazes me! I hope it goes well in competitive playing around here.

This is quite the Pokémon that deals great amounts of damage by using Draco Meteor. With the combination of Life Orb, opposing Pokémon that are not Steel and Fairy types would be badly hurt! Especially Salamence and Garchomp. Hurricane is another powerful move I picked for Noivern. It's a double-edged sword move which can either miss or deals a lot of damage. (Oh, and it can confuse opponents as a bonus.) It does need more type coverage against other types. That's why I picked Flamethrower. It can scorch Grass, Ice and Steel types to ashes and finally, I thought on what I would choose for the last move slot. After some time, I chose Boomburst with an astonishing base power of 140! Wow! Even though it's a Normal type move, it's another move that deals great amounts of damage. I guess this move really does bring the bass down!

Frisk can let Noivern tell me what held item the opponent has. This is quite handy as it helps me think on what my next move would be. If the opponent is holding a Choice item then I definitely know what the Pokémon's role is.

This Pokémon does have problems when facing opponents. If either Draco Meteor or Hurricane misses, Noivern is quite vulnerable with it's Defense and Special Defense. Ice, Dragon, Rock and Fairy types can leave it hanging for dear life so cautions must be made for this Pokémon. Even though it does have it's flaws, Noivern is an awesome Pokémon.

Quagsire

Nature: Relaxed

EV's: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp. Def

Ability: Water Absorb

Held Item: Leftovers

Scald

Earthquake

Toxic

Recover

Ta-dah! Didn't expected Quagsire to appear on this list, huh? This is the physical wall Pokémon I chose for this team. I would've pick Gastrodon but the Pokémon is not in the Kalos region. So, Quagsire it is.

Scald can leave burns on Pokémon that are not Fire types and those that have Dry Skin or Water Absorb. Any physical attackers would have big trouble facing Quagsire when burned. Gotta like the smile on this Pokémon. Earthquake is always a must for Quagsire as it is a Ground type. The Pokémon uses this move when a Pokémon is either burned by Scald or poisoned by Toxic. When an opponent has a status condition, Earthquake away! Since it is a physical wall, Toxic is quite handy for wearing down foes and Recover is there for this Pokémon to take more hits from opponents. I'm actually glad that this Egg move can be learnt on Quagsire.

The ability, Water Absorb can make Water type moves heal this Pokémon instead of hurting it. I would have picked Unaware but I need to make this Pokémon a life saver to my other members. Especially Tyranitar.

Those were the advantages of Quagsire. Now we'll take a look at the disadvantages of it. First things first, Grass types would totally obliterate this Pokémon without worry. If Pokémon like Gogoat and Venusaur are sent out. That's the kind of thing I would say, "Bail out!" to Quagsire. Also, as the Pokémon is a physical wall, strong special attacks can be troublesome. Another concern is that Pokémon that can heal themselves and get rid of status problems can stall out this Pokémon as well.

Excadrill

Nature: Adamant

IV's: 31/31/x/x/x/31

EV's 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

Ability: Mold Breaker

Held Item: Choice Scarf

Earthquake

Rock Slide

X-Scissor

Rapid Spin

Oh yeah! This mole's back from it's retirement and it's gonna dig through battles like there's no tomorrow!

Earthquake is the perfect STAB move for Excadrill. Without it, how can he plow through Pokémon that are weak against it? Now with the ability Mold Breaker, Pokémon with Levitate won't save themselves from the shaky ground below them. Rock Slide is for dealing with Fire, Flying and Ice types. Can also cause Pokémon to flinch. X-Scissor is for Grass ad Psychic types and
Rapid Spin to get rid of opposing entry hazards. Noivern would be relieved when the Stealth Rocks are gone.

Since Excadrill is holding a Choice Scarf. It's gonna be one super speedy mole! Trainers better watch out when this Pokémon enters the arena.

Ahem. I did say trainers better watch out for this mole. However, there are flaws to this Pokémon. Once Excadrill has chosen a move, it won't use a different one until I switch out to another Pokémon. Fighting, Water, Ground and Fighting types can take down this Pokémon and Rapid Spin can be blocked by Ghost types. I also have to be careful of other Choice Scarfed Pokémon such as Garchomp. Definetely one BIG menace to watch out for.

Gardevoir

Nature: Modest

IV's: 31/x/31/31/x/x

EV's: 176 HP/82 Def/252 Sp. Atk/

Ability: Trace

Held Item: Assault Vest

Moonblast

Thunderbolt

Shadow Ball

Focus Blast

I always wanted to try out a Fairy type myself and I think I found the Pokémon I asked for. It's Gardevoir! One of the Pokémon in my favorites list. Now, I tried to be a bit more creative on this Pokémon.

Moonblast is a new move that's perfect for this Pokémon! It greatly deals with Fighting, Dark and Dragon types. Thunderbolt takes care of Water and Flying types such as Gyarados and Hawlucha. The third move, Shadow Ball can take care of Ghost types (since Gardevoir is weak to them). Finally, Focus Blast for more type coverage against Rock, Steel, Ice and Dark types. All in all, this Gardevoir can have an advantage over most Pokémon types.

As we all know, the Pokémon can copy the opponent's ability with Trace. It'll be quite a bonus if the ability is something that can make Gardevoir resist a certain type. For example, Flash Fire for Fire types and Sap Sipper for Grass types.

Now, I chose Assault Vest for Gardevoir because I wanted the Pokémon to take special attacks very well. The item can be quite the ticketas the Pokémon can shrug some strong moves off of it.

Since Gardevoir is good for handling special attacks, physical attacks are its downfall. A strong attack from a Pokémon such as Scizor may OHKO this problem with no problems whatsoever. I have to be careful when going against Poison, Ghost and Steel types with this team member.

Trevenant

Nature: Careful

EV's: 252 HP/80 Sp.Def/176 Spd

Ability: Natural Cure

Held Item: Big Root

Horn Leech

Phantom Force

Leech Seed

Substitute/Protect

I was really hard thinking what the last member on my first team would be. At last, I think I found the Pokémon. Trevenant! I can tell that this tree is no joke. I'm looking forward on how well this Pokémon can do. But, here are the moves I would put on my Trevenant.

Horn Leech is it's best move as it restores HP equal to half the damage done on the opponent. Water, Rock and Ground types won't like that move one bit.
Phantom Force is there to stall longer as Leech Seed slowly drains away the opponent's HP. Leech Seed with the use of Big Root can make Trevenant gain more HP than it would usually take and Substitute can make it resist status afflicting moves and hard hits from sweeping Pokémon.

This menacing tree does have downsides though. Ice, Ghost, Flying and Dark types can hit this Pokémon very hard and it'll burn into charcoal by Fire type Pokémon such as good old Charizard. Also, Leech Seed won't have any effect on Grass types, leaving it to rely on Phantom Force to take down those opponents. The moves it has to watch out for are Taunt and Trick and they can cripple Trevenant's Leech Seeding strategy.

So, there ya have it. This is my first X/Y team I'm currently building at the moment. Hope you like it. Still, if there are any improvements to the movesets or Pokémon I might replace, please let me know.

Thanks for reading and happy battling...and rating!

backwardinduction

This is a really cool team! Just a a few things I would suggest.

I'm pretty sure you can get gastrodon from friend safari, so you could run it over quagsire, but it wouldn't be able to have earth power, which really sucks.

I love gardevoir, especially mega-garde with hyper voice in pokebank doubles on the sim. I would just say that her psychic typing is a bit of a liability on an assault vest since shadow balls/sneaks can hit you a bit hard, but with mega tyranitar you should be good in that department.

Lastly, Harvest is a better ability for defensive trevenant than natural cure. Either lum-rest for status, or a sitrus berry with a subs set. Will-O-Wisp is also a very nice move on him too if you can fit in. So is Curse on Sitrus-Harvest sets. Set up a leech seed, and a substitue, wait for your berry to come back, and curse. The enemy is pretty much forced to switch out.

GenericAsh

For Noivern I'd suggest running it with Infiltrator instead, because it gives you the added utility of hitting people through Substitutes, which is awesome. Furthermore I'd consider either changing Hurricane for Air slash (Flinchchance is kind of cool) or Draco Meteor for Dragon Pulse. Having 2 unreliable moves is generally a bad thing, and also Draco Meteor lowers your stats, thus forcing you to switch out, which can be a real pain since it allows your opponent to set up on you.

For a Quagsire with the role youre looking for, I'd probably get protect over EQ, since itll let you stall out your opponent while they take damage from your status moves. And Scald hits way more types than EQ does for neutral damage.

Honestly I don't like the idea of running a choice item on your spinner, say you wanted to spin away some hazards, and i switched in my Ghost pokemon, you'd be forced to switch out, and I would have a chance to set up a substitute or whatever I'd see fit. I'd recommend giving it an air balloon so it's not 1hit by Earthquakes?

For trevenant I would definitely recommend giving it a Sitrus berry, and then having the ability Harvest on it if at all possible, since it lets you reuse your berry (50% chance, 100% in sun) which is amazing. Instead of having phantom force on it as a stall move, I'd recommend getting both Protect and Sub on it, since your opponent can easily switch into something more suited to take a hit from it while youre locked out of a turn.

The team looks pretty solid other than that I'd say, but that was my advice at least.