• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Slender Journals

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #1 9/14/2012

If you couldn't tell by the title this is a record of my search for... well... you know.....Him. I won't to use his name so I don't attract his attention unless I want to. You may be thinking that its a bad idea to look for Him, but I have my reasons. I might explain them later or I might not. In the event I get "Taken" I don't want anyone to talk about this journal. Don't talk but never forget. Enough with the introduction stuff, now to the actual journal.

Lately I've developed an interest in Him. I want to look for Him and find out where the victims go. In the last 2 days I've done some research on Him and I found out that talking about him brings Him closer. I hope that not using his name doesn't attract Him. (as much) Between yesterday and today I drew about 6 pictures of Him in various notebooks in my backpack. If I'm going to find Him, I'm going to get Him to follow me. I'm ready for the chase, so I hope I won't get the paranoia that comes with being stalked. I have a game of Hide and Seek planned for next week to try to call Him. Until tomorrow, Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #2 9/15/2012
I think he might be watching me but I didn't actually see Him so... I don't know. I read that He makes electronics freak out and my MP3 player started randomly switching songs so He could be around me or my MP3 player is crap. If He is following me, not using His name might not be enough. Nothing else has happened yet today. Until tomorrow, I hope things pick up soon.

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I actually enjoyed this so far. My only criticism is that it doesn't "look" like a journal entry.

Journal Entry #3 said:
Maybe lay it out like this with Comic Sans MS as a font so that it looks more like a page out of a journal?

I don't know.

Keep up with this, though. I'm intrigued to see that happens with the rest of it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Hey, can I make a suggestion? I'm asking this mainly because I think this is too short to qualify, unless these two posts are drabbles, in which case, you should've mentioned it at the beginning that the journal entries are short on purpose. Even then... I feel like the journals should be more detailed than this.

You're making a horror... story-thing, right? It's Slenderman, you need some psychological horror involved. Small journal entries can work, but I feel those would work much better when it comes to the madness that is inevitable in the future. The narrator is just starting out. If anything, he should just give in detail some of the things he's going to do, what he's going after, all sorts of things. He just started this journal, I think that's what someone first starting out a journal like this would do. It's an introduction, might as well put down some exposition before getting to the actual "experiment".

It's a great idea to have daily posts for the entries, I like that when it comes to this (though you should put down the dates as part of the journal entry), but as this is a compilation of journal entries of someone hunting down something he's taken interest in, you should show his obsession in detail. That's what journal entries are for, going into detail as you delve into your thoughts and lay them out on paper. I honestly believe you'll scare more readers that way.

Just a thought.

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #3 9/16/2012
I went for a walk in the woods. I saw Him. I almost died. I ran. I saw him in my yard.
That was hours ago. I think he's gone for now, but he'll be back. I got his attention, which is good. Also I got his attention, which is bad. I didn't think this would actually happen. Now I'm scared. Oh Sh*t, I see him again. I'll finish later.

Last edited:

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #4 9/17/2012
Finally. He's been watching my house all day. He's been gone a couple hours , but I had to be sure. It feels like a warning. I shouldn't be looking for him, but I am anyway. I need to know. I honestly have no idea what to do now. I'll try to go back to my normal routine, and I am f*cking scared right now. Its only a matter of time, but I need to find out as much as I can first. I can't say I don't hope it doesn't happen, but I know it will and there is nothing I can do. I'm still looking for a way out though. Maybe killing Him will work, maybe through some bizarre loophole killing myself will somehow stop me from dying, I don't know. I'm starting to grasp at straws here. I just want to pull through this. I'm freaking out as I'm writing this so I'm going to stop. Until tomorrow, I want to live.

Last edited:

3D992

The Living Hologram
If you see him he takes you!
o
/|\
||

Lol! I like the story so far. It could be longer and I dont know how this guy can write about a murderous freak while walking through the woods being watched. Oh well, it was fun to read so far. I'll check back soon.

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #5 9/18/2012
I haven't seen Him since yesterday. I don't know what's going on. Maybe it was just a warning, but it's almost scaring me more having Him not here. I drew another picture in a book. I wasn't thinking about it, I just did it. I wonder what that means.

I blacked out today. I was walking through the hallway at school, then, I can't remember what happened until 4 hours later when I was on my way home. I don't know if that was related to Him or not, but I don't think it matters. It's not safe. Well, that's it. Until tomorrow, How much longer will it take?

Last edited:

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #6 9/19/2012
I just woke up after blacking out again. Its about the time I usually get home and the last thing I remember is going to bed last night. I have don't know what happened today. I have no idea what's going on. It's really scaring me. Tomorrow I'll try to find out what happened today, but for now I'll just stop. Until tomorrow, What's happening?

Last edited:

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
This is exactly how I imagined the hunt for "He who shall not be named" to go; short entries that are more realistic than a story. It's the realistic entries that really suck me in. It's kinda like the Blair Witch Project.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Cool idea.

The title and journal posts themselves are pretty self-explanatory, though a lot of stories that are done in journal like entries do a have a forward that was supposedly written afterwards (though not always by the same character, cause it’s scarier if you’re not sure what happen to them). Posting a few entries together might not be a bad idea, just based on how short they are.

Personally I like the font, because it looks like the journal entries are on PDA or other electronic journal. Photos of the doodles in the books, and the woods and stuff, would be nice too. Not that I approve of defacing books, but for the purpose of showing what you supposedly did, it would add to the effectiveness of the story as a record of one’s search.

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #7 10/5/2012

I figured it out. The way to beat Him is to accept the inevitable. he feeds on the fear you feel when he's around. He only comes to those who know because if you don't know of Him, you aren't scared enough. If you accept it and aren't scared He has nothing to feed on and so He stops following you.

I came to this conclusion a couple weeks ago. I had gotten really depressed and I was having a giant panic attack. I accepted that I was going to die and I just stopped seeing Him. I was going to write earlier, but I wasn't sure if He was really gone. Now I'm pretty sure He's gone. Until tomorrow, Is it over?

Last edited:

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #8 10/11/2012

I DON'T APPRECIATE BEING HUNTED. I AM THE HUNTER. TO ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS, DO NOT TRY TO REPLICATE THIS EXPERIMENT IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE. YOU WILL ALSO BECOME MY SLAVE. THIS ONE WILL DIE FOR HIS ACTIONS.

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Journal Entry #9 10/29/12 - Grace
Hi! My name is Grace. I found these typwriter sheets out in the woods a couple days ago. I read them and they freaked me out. It's a good story and all, but he seemed to be writing to an audience and I found them all over the ground. I thought I would continue in the footsteps of this mysterious writer.

I haven't seen anything yet, but I'll keep you posted. Until tomorrow, this is gonna be great.

Last edited:

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Okay, seems like you're taking your story further along. Your new narrator is pretty clueless, I must say. I kinda like it. Should make for an interesting story. Sidenote, I got one of my friends to go as Slender Man for Halloween.