• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Snowflake Method and Other Techniques

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
I'm currently planning and constructing a fanfic using the snowflake method. The idea is to start with one sentence that summarizes your story and expand in 10 steps expand it into a novel. The steps shift back and forth from developing the plot and character development in order to keep you focused on both. For full details on the snowflake method, click here.

I have 2 questions:

A.) What do you think of the snowflake methond?
B.) What methods do you use to design/prewrite your story?

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I start by writing out the basic overall plot, then character profiles and any magic powers they have. Then, I start writing out a rough episode list and a summary of each one (but I'm not afraid to combine episodes if the need is there)