• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sonic movies should mature with their audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Shadow got confirmed for the third movie, this is something I wanted to bring up.
So, as we all know, the Harry Potter movies got somewhat darker as they went on. This was because their audience was maturing along with the movies, so it was a logical choice. I kind of want Paramount to do something similar with Sonic. Obviously, don't go full on grim dark, since that obviously hasn't gone well for Sonic before. But as the films continue on, maybe go in a slightly more serious direction. Jokes are obviously still allowed, but I would prefer them not to throw in so many pop culture and trendy references.
That is basically what I want out of this franchise.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Since Shadow got confirmed for the third movie, this is something I wanted to bring up.
So, as we all know, the Harry Potter movies got somewhat darker as they went on. This was because their audience was maturing along with the movies, so it was a logical choice. I kind of want Paramount to do something similar with Sonic. Obviously, don't go full on grim dark, since that obviously hasn't gone well for Sonic before. But as the films continue on, maybe go in a slightly more serious direction. Jokes are obviously still allowed, but I would prefer them not to throw in so many pop culture and trendy references.
That is basically what I want out of this franchise.

It's a weird comparison, but I understamd where you're coming from.

Harry Potter as a series of novels engaged readers over the span of a decade and got darker as events unfolded over seven installments.

I'd find it very jarring if they just switched tones from one movie to the next with the Sonic franchise..

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It's a weird comparison, but I understamd where you're coming from.

Harry Potter as a series of novels engaged readers over the span of a decade and got darker as events unfolded over seven installments.

I'd find it very jarring if they just switched tones from one movie to the next with the Sonic franchise..
Agreed HP is not easily recommended for kids under 10 in my opinion. Even the 1st movie was dark compared to its book with the library screaming book scene.
Book 3 was when the series took next big dive into darker stories with the soul-sucking Dementors creatures. Book 5 and Dolores Umbridge attitude towards everyone was rather nasty. I wanted her dead but they kept her alive throughout the series.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Agreed HP is not easily recommended for kids under 10 in my opinion. Even the 1st movie was dark compared to its book with the library screaming book scene.
Book 3 was when the series took next big dive into darker stories with the soul-sucking Dementors creatures. Book 5 and Dolores Umbridge attitude towards everyone was rather nasty. I wanted her dead but they kept her alive throughout the series.
Absolutely agree

Status
Not open for further replies.