• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sonic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Banned
Assumptions? He judges everybody who posts in the OVGD if there opinion isn't the same as his.
Well, if you say so, I might as well just go ahead and do it. Though it's strange that it the only people who believe this are the people who are disliked here, such as MugoUrth and arceus7. Coincidence?

I never thought i'd see the day you would acknowledge your own mistake, history has been made.
Ahurrhurrhurr.
You said yourself that you've only been around here since about February 9th, so your assumption here really doesn't hold much weight at all.

What a coincidence.
It's not really a coincidence. To be honest, it's as much as a coincidence as you making a stupid post like "Shadow was a brilliant character in SA2".

Your opinion. Yes his background story ****ed up alot of the 3D games for years, but it was the overall gameplay which ruined them, you can't blame just his character otherwise your saying Shadow ruined Unleashed and Secret Rings despite not even being in them.
Except I didn't say that he ruined games like Unleashed and Secret Rings. At all. He was just the character that truly began the long line of shitty features in Sonic.
Also, funnily enough, Unleashed was partially ruined by the "grimdark"-esque Werehog inclusion.

Well considering Shadow is still in all of the recent games your contradicting yourself here pallio.
Name his biggest role in Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_video_game_characters
Please inform me of how many characters here are necessary.

BGP_

Wait a minute, now how does this seem familiar...could this be why sonic threads were banned at one point? People arguing over stupid opinions? Hmm...*shrugs*
and btw, i like shadow. Someone kill me for liking a fake video game character. I don't deserve to live now. It's also funny cuz in that list other than the main characters (Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Amy, etc. if i forgot one or two) Shadow is probably the most deserving of a spot for being the anti-hero lol, other than maybe metal sonic for being one of sonic's oldest rivals. You also can't get butthurt over silver since his first game was...that game, and he's hardly had any worthwile role to prove himself since, generations he was just a throwback boss to fit in with the other 2 rivals. When silver gets a game where he plays a half-decent role i feel we'll be able to judge him them, but right now his rep is ruined by how bad sega screwed him up 6 years ago upon his reveal. Also, if one can't tell, i really don't mind the large amount of sidecast, just make some darn good games like colors and generations (but a tad better cuz who doesnt like improvement) and i'll be happy

Last edited:

BGP_

Just cuz he's another add-on Sonic clone, we've had enough of those. Fair play if you want to leave him in Sonic '06 but I won't be smiling if I see him again.
Fair enough.
Edit:The thing i wanna see go is the gimmicky-style of games. I can understand their reasoning with generations since it was an anniversary game, but since 06 it's been gimmicks in pretty much every game. Not gonna say i didn't like some of those games, but i'd just like a good ole sonic game without any "extra" stuff. If it means going back to large casts like in the adventures so be it, cept i don't wanna play as sonic for a 1/3 of the story. I also wanna see more levels like seaside hill and sky sanctuary were in generations, they had really good level design and felt a bit more open than levels were in colors and unleashed.

Last edited:

Rezzo

Occasionally
You have Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, 4 ep. 1, Adventure (DX & 2), '06, Advance 1, 2, & 3, and Generations to play if you don't like gimmics. That's 13 games. Also I'm pretty sure the rush series has no gimmics.

BGP_

You have Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, 4 ep. 1, Adventure (DX & 2), '06, Advance 1, 2, & 3, and Generations to play if you don't like gimmics. That's 13 games. Also I'm pretty sure the rush series has no gimmics.
generations technically had a gimmick for double trouble, but ok. But yes, let me go back and play the games i've played probably 20 times at least and not keep wanting new ones without them, especially since i don't own either adventure game and could care less about playing sonic 4
Edit:Also, it's more of the bad gimmicks that are the problem, but with sega i'd rather not have them taking chances on gimmicks at all, cuz half the time it'll be decent, and the other half....

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah sarcasm? What the hell is that?

Let's face it, no point trying to fool yourself, you didn't stop reading, you probably read the whole post and obviously didn't agree so decided to quote that one line.

If you don't see the sarcasm in that first line i'll be amazed.

._. I really don't know why you're still going on about the whole sarcasm thing since I wasn't sarcastic in the first place.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Okay apart from the last boss there weren't any gimmics inside Sonic Generations. I think 13+ games is enough to say that they aren't pushing the boat with gimmics anyway. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Haunter ゴースト

Well, if you say so, I might as well just go ahead and do it. Though it's strange that it the only people who believe this are the people who are disliked here, such as MugoUrth and arceus7. Coincidence?

You say im disliked, you may be well known around here but im sure as hell your not popular.

Ahurrhurrhurr.
You said yourself that you've only been around here since about February 9th, so your assumption here really doesn't hold much weight at all.

I've posted since February, that doesn't mean I've never checked OVGD before, i've seen you post and it's barely ever nice even before then.

It's not really a coincidence. To be honest, it's as much as a coincidence as you making a stupid post like "Shadow was a brilliant character in SA2".

My opinion. See my point? You disagree and say it's stupid. Thankyou for proving what I said earlier.

Except I didn't say that he ruined games like Unleashed and Secret Rings. At all. He was just the character that truly began the long line of shitty features in Sonic.
Also, funnily enough, Unleashed was partially ruined by the "grimdark"-esque Werehog inclusion.

You said his character is what 'set up the demise of the sonic series', that quote is implied to stand for each of the new Sonic games, you never discluded any of them.

Name his biggest role in Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations.

Sonic Colours DS: He makes sure you are able to fight Eggman.

Sonic Generations: You battle Shadow as a rival boss to gain a chaos emerald, he also cheers Sonic on and joins the party at the end.

Nice try.

I never said certain characters were neccessary, Shadow was perfectly fine in SA2, it's after this that his character was ruined.

Silver doesn't deserve a chance. I've never even played Sonic '06 and he looks like a total douche. Also giving him telekinesis, r u srs SEGA..?

Good call, he has telekenesis which really sucks and gives off that magical atmosphere, because of the time paradox in 06 though his character has been messed about too since he returned in Rivals 1 + 2 and Colours DS.

._. I really don't know why you're still going on about the whole sarcasm thing since I wasn't sarcastic in the first place.

Because your being a jerk, don't give what you can't take.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
You say im disliked, you may be well known around here but im sure as hell your not popular.

False, Slick's pretty well liked in the OVGD.

I've posted since February, that doesn't mean I've never checked OVGD before, i've seen you post and it's barely ever nice even before then.

Opinion

And you're an idiot. You're also digging your own grave the further you argue this.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Okay apart from the last boss there weren't any gimmics inside Sonic Generations. I think 13+ games is enough to say that they aren't pushing the boat with gimmics anyway. That's the only point I was trying to make.

The whole 2D vs 3D thing in Generations was a gimmick. The fact that like half of every 3D was in 2D pushes this anymore. Not saying it was bad but it seemed like they were trying pretty hard to push the 2D on us which seemed like a gimmick.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Slick's only unpopular with people who never want to admit how wrong they are.
You need to back up a little and read.
-I said I stopped reading and laughed at your post because of you claim that Shadow was a "brilliant" character.
-You said I had sarcastic humor when I was being sincere. That is why you were wrong*.
-I corrected you on this and asked if you knew what sarcasm was.
-You then kept talking about sarcasm instead of saying you were wrong* and even showed me and example.
-I asked why you're still going on about this. You were wrong* and still decided to keep talking about it.
-And then this. I don't even know how to respond to something this stupid.

*I made this little asterisk a footnote to show where you started being wrong. In case you tried to argue that you weren't wrong. Which I expect from you because you post 4th grade student replies like this:
Clearly fact.
No, it was your opinion. This is another example of you being wrong.
If you class digging my grave as getting in an argument on a forum you really need to get outside more.
Wrong again. When Night Shadow said you were digging your grave he meant that the most you post the more you become wrong and the easier it is to ridicule you.

Rezzo

Occasionally
The whole 2D vs 3D thing in Generations was a gimmick. The fact that like half of every 3D was in 2D pushes this anymore. Not saying it was bad but it seemed like they were trying pretty hard to push the 2D on us which seemed like a gimmick.

I suppose it was in a way, but when you compare it to Werehog/Wisp/Heroes gimmics it isn't that over-the-top.

Status
Not open for further replies.