• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The SOS Brigade - The Club of Haruhi Suzumiya

Who's your favourite main character?

• Kyon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mikuru

• Itsuki

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigaiko

apocalypse please
[font=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS]
Welcome to the SOS Brigade!
The club for aliens, time-travellers, and espers. Normal humans needn't apply.

You can imagine my surprise to discover that Serebii Forums didn't have a club for this immensely popular series! Well... okay, that's a bit exaggerated.

Nonetheless: Welcome! This club is for fans of the novel-turned-anime-turned-manga-and-radio-drama series, Haruhi Suzumiya. The series follows an eccentric high school girl by the same name, although everything is told from the perspective of her male friend, Kyon.

Feel free to skip straight to the rules. You'll probably know everything I'm about to say if you're here, anyway.

Background

The series started as its first novel, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, hit the shelves in June 2003. At this point, very few people knew about it, and even less outside of Japan. Starting midway through 2004, a manga adaption was serialised within Kadokawa Shoten, though it wasn't very popular, and ended in December that year.

It wasn't until April 2006, when an anime adaption of the same novel began airing, that the series instantly took off. After just a few episodes, it was everywhere. Avatars, banners, fanart, doujin - you name it. The anime was also being produced by Kyoto Animation, famed for their involvements in Full Metal Panic! and Air, which was definitely one of the reasons it became so big. The manga has since restarted, and a radio drama adaption has begun.

Following this, on December 18th, 2006, a popular Haruhi fansite began pointing to Haruhi's now official American website, where a countdown was in place. This sparked speculation that the series could be licensed. Surely enough, on December 22nd, a video was added to the site which confirmed this. December 22nd was hence dubbed, "Haruhi Day".

Since then, voice polls were posted, allowing fans to have their say in who they'd like to hear as each character. I'm not sure about who the actors were, but I do know they included Jessical Calvello (Excel from Excel Saga), and Crispin Freeman (Balmung from .hack//SIGN, Hideki from Chobits, Regal from ToS).

Story

Really, and I mean it, Haruhi Suzumiya is such a complex character that it's hard, if not impossible, to explain her (and subsequently, the entire series) without spoiling major aspects of it. Just go grab the DVDs when they're out. Or you can watch it on TV, if they ever decide to air it.

Rules

If you agree to the rules, you're welcome here! Really, there's no need to ask, just say you're joining.[/font]

1. [font=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS]Normal humans are welcomed. Really, we don't bite. ;D[/font]
  2. [font=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS]Follow the forum rules.[/font]
  3. [font=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS]Respect everyone. Overdone insults and old memes won't get you any bonus points.[/font]
  4. [font=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS]You can talk about anything Haruhi-related. Pictures are fine too, I guess, but I'd prefer discussion.[/font]
  5. [font=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS]This should be obvious, but if I ask you to follow the rules (or to leave), please do it.[/font]
[font=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS]Members

Ultra Director
Shigaiko

Nobody else yet. ;_;[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.