• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Spartans

Status
Not open for further replies.

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
This is Sparta!

thespartanswon.jpg

Team Overview

"The Spartans" is a team that is dedicated to giving battlers the ultimate Wi-Fi experience. We focus on giving our members a good time here on "The Spartans". I want my members to befriend other team members so we can grow together as one. Nothing is better than having friends who have the same interests as you. "The walls of Sparta were its young men, and its borders the points of their spears." King Agesilaos. "Because fear makes each man do his best to shelter his unarmed right side with the shield of the man next to him, thinking that the closer the shields are locked together the better will he be protected." Thucydides on why hoplite armies edge to the right as the battle begins.

Our new mascot is Machamp. He represents the super human power the Spartan Soldiers had and the determination as well.

Our team song is a classic and a will power song: Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

What we Offer

"The Spartans" offer everything we can to improve our member's battling skills. We have Point Shops that contain everything from TMs, Items, Berries and EVed Trained Pokemon. We will be giving away special holiday pokemon around the holidays. For example, a EVed Abomasnow on Christmas Day, a EVed Togekiss (Since it is red, white and blue) on The 4th of July, and many more.
We also have a Trainers school and follow George Bush's pokemon world quote, "No trainer shall be left behind." A true Spartan teaches others about the rules of war and battle.

For a limited time offer, for the first 10 members who join, they recieve a Riolu at Lv. 1 knowing some special egg moves!
608610riolu.png

Rules

1. The Golden Rule- Treat others as you would want to be treated.

2. No Spamming/ Trolling/ Flaming

3. Stay active and if you are not going to be active for a reason, contact me or one of your members.

4. No Spaming on other clans threads. By doing so, you gain disrespect from that clan, and by representing our clan you make us look bad.

5. Never show disrespect to anyone.

6. If you ever have any questions, contact me please and not anyone else. I am the leader so I know how to answer your question if it is about my clan and such.

Points System

"The Spartans" point system is very basic and easy to use. When you battle, PM me or post the outcome of the battle on here. We have six Spartan ranks. These ranks were actually ranks of Spartan Soldiers so don't think I'm throwing tons of words togather. After I tell the statistics of these ranks, I will give some history about them. The history also tells some duties they would do which are related to our clan. Here they are. Remeber, your points can never go into the negatives. You can ONLY rank up from battles not jobs. The money you earn can be used at our shops by the way. The Shop is comin soon. Our currency is called Phantis, the actual name of Spartan currency.

Demi-Phylearch - He is what everybody becomes when you join this clan. When you beat him, you receive 5 points. When you lose against him, you lose 5 points. History time. Our current Demi-Phlearches are:

-Ger9119 (0 Phantis)
-mistercanoehead (0 Phantis)
-cake lover (20 Phantis)
-VD12 (0 Phantis)
-Coldfission (0 Phantis)
-PokeM@niac (0 Phantis)

DEMIPHYLARCH: The Demi-Phylarch is in charge of the Demi-phyle. In Ancient Sparta the Demi- Phylarch was in charge of the second half of the phyle. In today's armies the Demi-Phylarch is the chosen leader of a group of friends who like to fight together. In battle the Demi-Phylarch must see that his Demi-Phyle performs their part of the army's plan. He must see that his unit hears, understands, and properly executes their orders. If the Demi-Phyle is separated from it's Phyle by chance or by design the Demi-Phylarch must take command. In preparation for war the Demi-Phylarch must see that his Demi- Phyle is trained to fight as a team, in all the maneuvers so that the Army will be flexible. If the Demi- Phyle is missile troops then the Demi-Phylarch must see that they are trained to volley and to skirmish. Logistically the Demi-Phylarch must see that his Demi-Phyle is properly armed and armored. As the war approaches the Demi-Phylarch should see who can attend, see that reservations are made, rides arranged, etc and report on these matters to the Phylarch.
Requirements: Six soldiers to lead, at least four of whom have shown up to fight at the same war, at the same time.

Phylearch - You rank up to him once you recieve 40 points. When you beat him, you win 10 points. When you lose, you lose 10 points against him.

PHYLARCH: The Phylarch is in charge of a Phyle. In Ancient Sparta the Phylarch was the leader of the phyle, which was the basic unit of the phalanx. In battle the Phylarch must repeat the orders of the Enomotarch (Captain) and be certain that his Phyle hears, understands, and executes the commands properly and on time. If the Phyle is split from the Enomotia or if
the Enomotarch is killed then the Phylarch must take command. In preparation for war the Phylarch must see that his Phyle is trained and equipped. That they fight as a team and know their drills and assignments. He is the most important member of the Army logistically. He is the one that gets the Army to the war. He must keep the Enomotarch informed about the readiness of his troops.
Requirements: Twelve soldiers to lead, at least eight of whom have shown up to fight at the same war, at the same time.

Enomotarch - You rank up to him once you recive 70. If you beat him, you win 15 points. If you lose, you lose 15 points.

ENOMOTARCH:
Simply stated the Enomotarch (Captain) should recruit, equip, train, and arrange for the transport of his Enomotia (Company) and keep the Army's commander informed along the way, particularly as the time of war approaches.

Recruiting and equipping go hand in hand. The Enomotarch should recruit from the world at large as well as from among the historical re-enactment groups. Recruiting takes the form of demonstrations for the public, fighting practice in public places, and publicity (television, newspapers, and posters). People who are already involved as fighters in medieval re-enacting groups are ripe for recruiting into the Enomotia. Every such group has fighters that have qualified but just have not gotten around to finishing their armor and weapons. As Enomotarch your job is to foster the kind of team spirit and comradery that will encourage these fighters to get their equipment together. Organize craft nights for making armor, equipment, or weapons. Tasks go faster and it is more fun when you work together. Get the non-fighters to pitch-in with the handiwork.
Requirements: thirty-six soldiers to lead, at least twenty-four of whom have shown up to fight at the same war, at the same time.

Pentekoster - To rank up to him, you must gain 150. If you beat him, you gain 20 points. If you lose, you lose 20 points. This is the second highest rank (besides me) highest rank. The site doesn't have history that would be related somewhat to this saddly and for the next two ranks.

Lochagos - To rank up to him, you must gain 250 points from battling only and I have to test you. Your behavior is a huge key into becoming the highest rank (besides me). If you act very imature and disrespectful, you can never become a Lochagos. Some Lochagos are going to be moderators as well of my site. If you beat him, you gain 30 points. If you lose, you lose 30 points. So remeber, never show any signs of disrespect or imaturity on The Spartan's Thread AND Serebii.

Polemarch - The leader of the army. I control The Spartans and will guide my members towards victory. If you beat me, you gain 30 points. If you lose, you lose 30 points. "Hey FashionableLad, why are the points the same for a Lochagos and a Polemarch?" Very good question random member. I do not believe the leader should recive any more points than the second highest rank. That would just be very arrogant of me.

-FashionableLad (5 Phantis)

How Do I Earn Points?

You can earn points from Battling and Jobs. Our current Jobs we have are the, Team Breeder, Team Shopkeeper, and Team Banner Maker. Here is the information for each job.

Team Breeder

Earns 5 Points per pokemon. If it has any egg move, it is 5 more points per egg move. They give their breeded pokemon to the shop keeper who will then hold them in his/her PC.

Team Shopkeeper

Earns 10 Points per week. He/she must be active for they will be in charge of running their shop. They must contact me if the need any changes to be made in the shop. Trades with people who would like to purchase something from the shop. They must give me a progress report of who bought or donated what.

Team Banner Maker

Earns 5 Points per banner. In charge of making banners to represent The Spartans and their ranks. Must present a banner every week. They must send me the banner so I can give him/her points.

Here is some simple information to sign up for my clan.

Name (What you would be liked to be called. Please let it be appropirate): Lad, Fashion, or FL

In game name: Ruby

Friend Code: 9595-9595-9595

Clans: Team Burning Fury

Activity: I'm on a lot. I may not be on in the fall as much due to the fact that I have soccer, golf, and snowboarding.

Biography (This will let me know you better and will inform your members): Hiya, I'm Lad. I have a twin brother and a cousin who is on Serebii and who battle. I'm a battler and a funny guy who loves to read the Pokemon Manga. Ruby is my favorite character. I got my name from his nickname in Emerald.

Wars

1 War 0 Wins 0 Ties 0 Defeats

The Spartans are currently going to war against Team Freezing Cold

Alliances
None

Current Events

This week we have some Spartans News.

-We have our first tournament and so far, it has been turning oput slightley good. Cake_Lover has moved onto the second round which is a great start. Maybe he will be the one to take home the 5 Mysterious EVed Pokemon! :0

-We have three places left for the next three members to recieve and EVed Weville and a Lv. Riolu.

- I, FashionableLad am making a File Holder for our team where I can keep track of your points and achivements. It will be like a personal file where people can look you up and see what achievements you have made on The Spartans. Such as, winning tournaments, being a team breeder, etc, etc, etc.

- I, FashionableLad battle Ger and he lost for our tourny. Which means I move to the next round. Remember, it's never to late to join the tourny.

-Cake_Lover wins the Begginers Tourny and wins one of the mysterious EVed Pokemon and 20 Phantis!

-Andrew1239, Leader of Team Freezing Cold Challenges The Spartans to War!!

End Note

That is all my fellow Serebii members. So what are you waiting for? Join The Spartans, for the best battle opportunities. You will grow here with friends, pokemon, laughter, and victory! We are the true battlers of Serebii. When we become the best of the best I only have one thing to say, "THIS IS SPARTA!"
Don't forget, next 3 members who join can recieve a free Riolu at Lv. 1!

Last edited:

phop

(D)
You have to appreciate the effort put in the reseaching, of the history, behind your ranking system. Might i suggest Machamp as your mascot? because he really does sybolises the the super human strength these soldiers had in history (The film 300 i meant xD)

Jacks_Mannequin

OFFLINE FOREVER
Well Good Luck with the clan
The only thing i would suggest is fixing the banner IMG in your thread
It only shows up as a link

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
Thank you all for your reviews on my clan. :] Thank you Phop a ton. I heard that you are a twin as well from my brother. He is Clone1 of Rebelion and Zodiac. I will definatly consider the Machamp as a mascot instead of Rypheriror or Arceus. Thank you for the wishes Jack. :] For some reason, stupid Adds keep coming up under my banner. XD If anyone would like to help me with that, feel free.

shipwrecks

Loves Serebii Lag...
delete bothe the sections and the second [img] and...e your front page looks like a gigantic essay

chaoses

oblivious chaos
whats this i see a new clan by a friend? ooo

well anyways good luck with thee new clan

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
Hey FL, I wanna join, somebody have to be the first.
Username: Thom or Thombom what you prefer.
FC: 2578 7070 0582
IGN: Thombom
Clans: Black Falcons, StormKings and Team Burning Fury

Last edited:

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
Thank you everyone for your good wishes again. Dawn, we will have to go to war when I have five members or so. Also, since I am in two clans now, I can never come back I guess. Thom, I will register you ASAP. I believe The Blackfalcons got shut down though Thom. Welcome to the team and thank you all :D

Last edited:

charlie rulez

「STAND USER」
i can't belive it. i go for a day and find 2 clans on my doorstep?! damn, i had plans for the easter. oh wll a little competition never hurts.

-Wild Fire

P.S. get a giveaway going to attract some members

I think you should just take some time to make the first post look more organised and prettier, at the moment the wall of text and chunky image makes the clan seem a little plain. You'd be surprised how far some colour and allignment tags go in recruiting new members.

Other than that the clan seems pretty good as I can tell from the text that you've actually put a good amount of effort into the clan and it's theme which is a nice change to some of the more 'bog standard' clans that lack essence we see popping up here far too often.

Keep it up and you should do fine once you've got a few members. ^^

Queen rocks btw. (Y)

ger9119

Name Ger or ger9119 or gerard

In game name: gerard

Friend Code: 3995-6143-5118

Clans: Team dawn

Biography Ah hey im ger9119 im a cocky guy who likes to push other to be better Fash i knwo you and your twin from TD so you know waht your getting if you accept me im hopeing to improve this Clan and make it a force.

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
Hey FL I knew that BF were shut down but SS (caln Leader) is planning a new clan with the same members. so.
I also made a banner with Machamp in stead of the other Mascots.

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
Alright Ger, I registered you. It is a pleasure to have you from Team Dawn. So far we have two members, Thombom and Ger. This is a great start (At leaste I think). I am goin to be updating the homepage and making jobs.

Last edited:
The best of luck to you, Spartans :)

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
The Spartans now have 3 members including myself which is pretty decent. A reminder, the Riolu at lv. 1 will be given to the next 8 people. As for the people who joined, there Riolu is waiting for them. So what are you waiting for? Join now!

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
FL I think getting a Riolu is good but an Weaville (Fake Out, Ice Punch, Counter, Night Slash) 31 IVs in SPeed HP and Atk and 252 Atk/ Spe Evs is even better, PM me for that, 9 other members can get it( except for me and FL)

Members that get it (9 Spots left):
Ger9119
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Last edited:

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
FL try to look first, look at the Edit time and his post time, he posted before and he also sent me an PM

Status
Not open for further replies.