• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Spell of the Unown! (M03)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
The final "Pokémon" movie I saw in theaters - or at all, for that matter. I remember how much my obsession had grown at this point - when I went to see "Mewtwo Strikes Back", I went with my dad and my sister; then I saw "The Power of One" with just my dad and a friend. But this one I paid for and saw alone, since nobody in my family wanted to sit through "another one of Jesse's Pokémon movies".

Still, this movie was head and shoulders above the mediocre season it was released during. I remember feeling sorry for all the kids in the theater who hadn't read the spoilers and didn't know where Squirtle went or where Totodile and Noctowl came from (curse you, Warner Bros., for releasing this movie three months too early...). I loved the artwork in this movie, especially the demented world that the Unown create. The plot was a little more mature than the previous two releases - rather than some unstoppable powerhouse Pokémon threatening to destroy order, it's just a little girl who misses her father inadvertantly wreaking havoc. Entei is one of the best legendaries to show up in a movie, and the battle between him and Ash's Charizard was a great device. And to top it all off, the long-underused Delia Ketchum finally gets some screen time to herself.

I've still got the promotional Entei card I received from this movie - and it kind of disappointed me that nobody else wanted to come with me to this one, because nobody else in my family ever wanted the cards they got with their tickets and gave them all to me. I could have had three reverse holofoils as trading collateral...

Heracross

Custom User Title
XD I actually have 13 of those promotional Entei cards.XD 12 are still in their original packaging.:eek:

You do bring up a very good point about the movie in relation to the season it corresponds with. For all the fillers and sub-par plot developments of Johto it had by far the best movies.

I like how they gave the folks back in Masara Town some screentime, bringing Ookido-Hakase and Hanako into the spotlight was an excellent idea and added a nice touch to the movie. And seeing Lizardon come back to fight for Satoshi was also great, despite all the crap he catches for doing so.:p

Rin (Lisa) was a great character even though we didn't get to see that much of her, and her battle with Satoshi at the beginning was cool. She seemed like the archetypal Johto trainer, what with the pokégear, her outfit and whatnot.

The animation was also excellent, very rich and colorful. I still prefer the look of the hand drawn animation to the newer computer animated movies.

Overall, I just liked the whole feel of the movie and I enjoyed it a lot.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Re:

Sorry to say this but I thought that the 3rd pokemon movie was stupis!

SecretMew

This is ok-movie, but not the best one, coming of Charizard was good, the movie just had something that wasn`t good, maybe the plot or something... The japanese version could be good to see, it could make the movie better... 7/10.

B

Blue_Poliwhirl24

I found the third movie to be a little to odd at times but it turned out pretty fair. I just love the "dream locations" that Molly created with the help of Unown. The battle scenes are just marvelous! But this movie is not my direct favorite because I like Entei the least of the three legendaries. But this movie turned out kind of good, but the story is kinda weak...

FigmentJedi

Cascade Trainer
This is probably third on my list, but nonetheless a good entry (Number One is P2K and Number Two is a tie between Mewtwo Strikes Back and Heroes)
EDIT: Anyone remember the rumors of Mewtwo being in this? As well as the footage in early trailers of running Stantler being turned to crystal?

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really liked this movie the first time I saw it, because it was visually exciting and had an interesting story. Plus, I didn't understand the second movie at all the first time I saw it, and found this straightforward movie a welcome relief. As time has passed, however, I've grown less fond of this movie. It doesn't interest me even half as much as "Mewtwo Strikes Back", "The Power of One", and "Pokemon 4Ever" do. Even "Jirachi Wishmaker" ranks higher in my book than this movie. I don't know what made me fall out of love with this movie over time, but I think it may be because it's much more kid-oriented than the other movies.

There are some moments I like, like Charizard coming to the rescue, James line about strange letters, and Molly's battles against Brock and Misty, but otherwise it wasn't all that great.

This movie is my Second favorite movie. My favorite part is when ;244; broke the spell of the Unown ( ;201-a; ;201-f; ;201-z; ;201-n; ;201-p; ;201-d; ;201-m; ;201-y; ;201-v; ;201-t; ;201-e; ;201-o; ;201-g; ;201-u; ;201-k; ;201-j; ;201-s; ;201-c; ;201-b; ;201-h; ;201-i; ;201-x; ;201-w; ;201-r; ).

Poliwhirl

this is my favorite pokemon movie because ther are alot of battling and this movie looks like it has the longest and best battle scenes 9/10

Last edited:

Aptenodytes

this was a great movie! in my opinion, most movies past this one were kind of bad. entei was great, had a good storyline, and it was enjoyable to watch. a definate 10/10

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I really liked the Unowns!How many appeared?

vaporeon89

power of vapor
Serebii's guide says that Misty's Staryu used Recover,Can anyone confirm this?

;134;89

Kabuto

little punks!
Yes, the last of the great movies. Once Pokemon 4ever came they just lost their.......creamy goodness?! Destiny Deoxys came close but there is nothing like the originals. I liked everything about this movie but especially the action and the tower. I also liked the role Entei played and seeing Charizard return for the 1st time was a nice treat.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
3rd best of the great 8 pokemon movies,(does anyone care about Mewtwo Returns!) The action and plot had been the second best of the great 8!