• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Spell of the Unown! (M03)

larxanne

Ub3r Trainer
this movie is also known as pokemon the movie:3 either way i give it 9 out of 10.

nintendofreakgcn

Seeker of the truth
I don't know why, but I've never liked this film. There just wasn't anything that clicked with me, like the first two movies had. Maybe I should watch it again.

PAK Man

This is one of the better Pokemon movies. I don't really have any complaints about it, except the title of the English version. This is the only movie to actually have a pun as the title of it. That bothered me, even as a sixth-grader. Other than that, I thought this was a very good movie, and seeing Charizard again was awesome. I also liked seeing Brock and Misty actually do something in the movies (battling Molly), and getting their underused Pokemon some much-needed screen time.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
How is the title a pun? I thought it was straightforward.

Shaara

<3~
This is one of my favourite pokemon movies (Pokemon: The First Movie is my favourite;it was a classic, in my opinion). Personally, I think they made the Unown too strong, but other than that, I liked the aspect of the Unown making Molly's dreams come true. The battles Molly had with Brock and Misty were good, and I /loved/ the Misty + Molly battle music.

Last edited:

TotodileCharizard

I liked this movie, I loved the battle at the end with Entei and Charizard. Also since Totodile was in it. :p The plot was pretty good, but I also agree that the Unown were alittle too strong in my opinion. My favorite movie is still Pokemon the First Movie though, this one is second.

This movie was the best ever!! 10/10 I always watch it actually ill watch it right now!

The battles were awesome!! Brock did horrible in my opinion when he was against Molly, she destroyed him!!!

Well The Underwater Battle is truly my favorite part in the movie!!
Misty VS Molly.. I know Molly's Kingdra defeated Misty's Goldeen... They never showed who won when it was between Misty's Staryu and Molly's Mantine.. The music was good too! GO MISTY!
(I think Misty's Staryu won the last battle because on the last clip it showed Staryu using tackle on Mantine.. but who knows right?

This movie was one of my favorite ones, especially with charizard... but mostly with Aipom... AIPOM 4 EVER

Ah, i remember when it came out to the theatres, me, my friend, and my bro saw it on a Friday night,

I like this one 2nd best only because of Pokemon the first movie.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
I view this movie as the last of the greats. Everything that comes after is sub par but still pretty good. I love when charizard returns and the underwater battles really cool too.

ForeverFlame

it didnt really make sense.again no offense This movie sucked

That's because you can only understand movies that have plots about bad guys trying to take over the world, and Ash and some Legendary Pokemon stopping them.

This movie had a big twist to it. There were no *real* Legendaries in this movie, unless you count an illusion of an Entei. There were no bad guys in this movie. The Unown were just using their powers the way they were meant to, as well as Entei. And Molly was just a troubled little girl.

This is the best movie, in my opinion, of the first 8, though there were WAAAY too many Team Rocket puns in the Movie Dub. I nearly got sick when Meowth said they'd be out of show business if Ash, Misty and Brock fell and died... The funny thing is that they were only half-right. Misty is long-dead, and after Diamond and Pearl, Brock will be dead too, once and for all.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I actually watched this movie 2day after not watching it the past few years. I remember going to the movies and seeing it by myself 'cuz no one in my family watches it, except my little cousin, but he was living in another state.

I thought i might get bored with it, but it turned out that i didn't. Plus, it actually brought back memories!

Oak and Delia having strong screen-time presence in the movie was always good. also in the second movie! Too bad the creators don't do that anymore. I think it'd be real cool to see Misty, Oak, Delia, Gary, May (not Max), even Tracy all make decent appearances in a Pokemon movie together.

It seems I'm not the only one that liked the music during the Misty/Molly battle scenes. I always wanted to hear it in the anime battles!

Even though I hardly watched the first five Pokemon movies anymore (especially Heroes), I still consider this one of the great Pokemon movies! maybe I'll watch Pokemon: the first movie next.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan

o.0

I was rewatching this movie today, and did anyone else notice when Delia (and Oak) came over, how when she picked Pikachu up, the little mouse hugged her...How should I put this...'Prima Spots'...

Damn perverted mouse.

i really liked the movie i would give it a 8 out of 10 even though i beleve molly was just a selfish little brat who just because she had no mom she had to take the mom of ash, a person who never even had a dad (that was seen in the anime) and hardly ever gets to see his mom

HikariTajiri

Back! =D
Did you notice that Prof POak's computer had the TCG type symbols in the corner? Awesome movie, 9/10 the music sounded pretty cheap. COME BACK, MIYAZAKI!!!!

Kataphrut

I really enjoyed this one first time, but afterwards, I found it a bit too childish. Charizard was awesome and gave everyone what they came to see, but it could've ended better.

Marikunin

AuraBluePassion
Ok, the Charizard/Entei fight alone makes the movie a 9.5/10, if not a full 10. Otherwise, I think that it's interesting that there isn't really a concrete villain like most of the other movies. This was also seen in the 7th movie, kinda in the 5th movie-when it all went out of control, and in the 8th and 10th movies.
So....10/10. Awesome.

Joshehh

I hated this when I saw it years ago back when pokemon still showed in UK cinemas.

But i re-watched it today and I can't work out why. The Charizard Entei battles were really good, as were Molly and Misty's battle. Plus, Molly was so adorable and her story was really warm.

And it was nice to see Delia get a part :)

So I'd say 9/10