1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The SPPf Book Club (NO it is NOT for nerds and girls)

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by #chelloressurection, Sep 13, 2011.

?

Favorite Book/Series?

1. The Hunger Games(my personal favorite)

14 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Harry Potter

19 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. Percy Jackson

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Cirque De Freak

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. The Clique

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Babysitters Club

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Warriors/Seekers

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  9. Big Nate

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. Misc.

25 vote(s)
    45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #chelloressurection

#chelloressurection Back...kinda

[​IMG]

Welocme all, your timing is pleasent, l am elite four lucien, l mean chellochello, and l enjoy reading. l got the idea when thinking of work for an artist on SPPf artist to do when l was in language arts class. I think it will be a nice edition. This wont be like one of theose where l assign a book and you all read it, it will be to share about how much you loved a certain novel and how it impacted you. Even though this wont attract many numbskulls that cant read, there is rules....

1. Be nice, no "oh, that book sucked" we are all friends here
    2. When you are done a book and would like to submit it to our archives, fill out the form, dont try and recieve it from memory. The form is there for a reason
    3. I dont know if you do it, but in my school we have an AR program, which is called Accelerated Reader, so on the form, where it says how many AR points, put N/A if it is none or you dont have AR
    4. You can talk about books no matter what, if you want to submit it to the archives or not, just talk about it here
    5. Follow ALL Sppf rules, this is nonnegotiable
    6. Have a good time, this is why im creating this

Artwork: Will arrive shortly (will be done by Mews Universe)

Forms

For archives:

Username:
    Book Title:
    Author:
    How many AR points?
    Summary of book(nothing long, just why you liked it)
    Page #(if you remember)

To sign up and join:

Username:
    Favorite Book/Series
    Why you want to join

Username: ShinyLugia101
    Book Title: The Alchemist
    Author: Michael Scott
    How many AR points: N/A
    Summary of book: The 1st book in the best series ever: The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel. Basically, it's about these 2 twins, named Sophie and Josh Newman, who are found by Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel, who are immortal. The Two find out that they are the Gold and Silver Twins, and are basically the Chosen Ones. This is the start of an Amazing Adventure that takes them to different worlds (Shadowrealms) and encounter other Immortal Humans, and the Mysterious Elders.
    Pages: 369 Pages Long

USERNAME: Darth_Feraligatr
    TITLE: World of WarCraft: The Shattering
    AUTHOR: Christie Golden
    AR POINTS: N/A
    SUMMARY: The Shattering is a prelude to the recently released World of WarCraft expansion, Cataclysm. It revolves around the vision of the old orc far seer Drek'Thar, predicted in the prologue, "The land will weep and the world will break." Thrall, warchief of the Horde, although unaware of Drek'Thar's vision, tries to determine why the elements of Azeroth are in turmoil. Among the elemental chaos happening, the politics of both the Horde and the Alliance are fragile; Thrall leaves the Horde to figure out what's wrong with the elements, a tauren crone is plotting, a lost princess returns a tyrant, and Varian Wrynn, leader of the Alliance and King of Stormwind, is trying to get used to a world without war. And within all the elemental and political strife, relationships shatter and build between father and son, friends, and friends of friends.
    PAGES: 352

TITLE: The Son of Neptune
    AUTHOR: Rick Riordan
    SUMMARY: While The Lost Hero detailed Jason Grace's quest among the Greek demigods, The Son of Neptune follows Percy Jackson, his memory lost, as he finds a camp for Roman demigods. With his new friends Hazel Levesque and Frank Zhang, he embarks on a quest to stop the dead from returning. While on the quest, Percy struggles to regain his memory, Hazel fights her past, and Frank tries to discover if he has a purpose at all. All the while, they encounter figures from Greek and Roman myths alike, make new friends, new enemies, try stop Gaea from returning, and try to uncover the mystery of the Prophecy of Seven.
    PAGES: 513

Username: chellochello
    Book Title: Airman
    Author: Eoin Colfer
    How many AR points? 16
    Summary of book(nothing long, just why you liked it)
    Ok, this book is basically about a boy named Conner, who is in some island in ireland. He is friends with the islands princess. Conner is very smart and into flying mechanisms, and his dream is to fly the first plane. With help from his teacher, Conner becomes a smarter person, and a better one :)
    Page #(if you remember) Dont Remember

BOOK TITLE: The Red Pyramid
    AUTHOR: Rick Riordan
    SUMMARY: Siblings Carter and Sadie embark on a perilous adventure that was set in motion by their parents six years prior to the book's start. After a fateful night in the British Museum, their father, Julius, awoke the Egyptian gods from their slumber. Set, the god of storms, chaos, and the desert, kidnaps Julius, and plots to destroy the world with a single, mighty storm. Carter and Sadie, with the assistance of Bast the cat goddess and several other people and deities, must rescue their father, find Osiris, reestablish order, and evade the House of Life (which hunts them down like animals for a bizarre reason). Along the way, they discover that Set is not the greatest threat to the universe...
    PAGES: 516

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. kuzronk

kuzronk 1 Reputation Comment

Username:TylerS
    Favorite Book/Series:Diary of a wimpy kid because of the books and movies
    and Harry potter because of the movies
    Why you want to join:To talk about books

3. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

Username:Floatzel98
    Favorite Book/Series:i have heaps. Eragon series, harry potter, rangers apprentice, most emily rodda books, the tomorrow series, the secrets of Nicholas Flamel and heaps more.
    Why you want to join : cause books are awesome!

4. #chelloressurection

Both accepted, welcome aboard, you can start our discussion about what book you are currently reading :D

5. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

atm im reading eldest (book 2 of eragon). as you can see i like fiction stories more than anything else. what books r you guys reading?

6. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

It really irks me that the first post is littered with so many spelling and grammatical errors, but oh well.

Username: zhanton
    Favorite Book/Series: The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins); The Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare); Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead)
    Why you want to join: Reading is fun. Yes.

7. lucarioisawesome

lucarioisawesome Who did this to me!

Username: Lucarioisawesome
    Favorite Book/Series: Percy Jackson, Kane chronicles and anything Rick Riordan related. Also The N00b warrior and Diary of a Wimpy kid. NEED TO READ ALL OF THE BOOKS IN THOSE SERIES!!!
    Why you want to join: Cause im a girly nerd. I love reading!! To bad there are no Rick Riordan books where im at( Vietnam) and my ipad is broken(my main reading tool) :'(.

8. #chelloressurection

IMO eldest was the best, dont know why, but it was... and im reading mockingjay by suzanne collins

Accepted and sorry for that, kinda wanted to get the first post before anyone else did :p

Welcome, sorry about the books and ipad, but at least there is books no matter what! Accepted

9. ~SilverLugia~

~SilverLugia~ Use Razor Shell!

Username: ShinyLugia101
    Favorite Book/Series: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flamel series, and the Harry Potter Series.
    Why you want to join: Books PWN, and are awesome. 'nuff said.

10. #chelloressurection

Accepted! Get started!

11. ~SilverLugia~

~SilverLugia~ Use Razor Shell!

The last Flamel book, "The Enchantress", is coming out next summer.
    You guys have no idea how much I want that book to be out NOW.

12. hawkeye721

hawkeye721 なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!

Username jonman721
    Favorite Book/Series hitchhickers guide to the galixy sieries
    Why you want to join books are cool

13. MuffinPaula

MuffinPaula 。Haru~Desu。

OMG A BOOK CLUB!! *I'm a girl so screw the rules LOL*

Username:MuffinPaula

Favorite Book/Series: I have alot so I can't really name one. I guess Hunger Games.

Why you want to join: Cause books are awesome. I started loving books since last year. It took me a long time to realize books are amazing things. It's original, pure, perfect and helps you become intelligent. Also because so we can discuss books we read in common :3

Also i'm reading Water For Elephants. Amazing book~ They made a movie out of it.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  14. Charminions

Charminions Hot♥

Username: Charminions
    Favorite Book/Series: My favorite would have to be the Percy Jackson series.
    Why you want to join: I liek bukz

Hi everyone, I've been thinking if I should get a copy of the Hunger Games because everybody seems to love it but I'd like some more imput on whether or not I should get it.

15. arceus03

arceus03 Well-Known Member

Let's see how long this one will last

Username: arceus03. You can call me Arc for short. If you want to.

Favorite Book/Series: Percy Jackson and Cirque du Freak. The former because I like Rick Riordan's writing style, and the latter because the plot is superbly awesome. I am SO waiting for The Son of Neptune to come out. :3

Why you want to join: ...Because I'm trying to help this club live? *shot* Maybe I am hoping to discuss about books. Eh. Or to get some motivation to finish the books I'm reading And maybe get suggestions for books I could read.

Current book: ...Lord of The Flies. It's progressing slowly though, because of... college. Yeah. And Rewriting, by Harris. Uh

Can we discuss about nonfiction books as well?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  16. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

I read the series earlier this year and let me tell you it did not disappoint. I too had heard a lot of good things about this series and I just had to read it. The first chapter of the first book is really the only 'boring' chapter in the whole series; the rest of the series is fast-paced, exciting and action-packed. You will not regret reading this series, trust me.

17. #chelloressurection

Accepted. welcome!

Welcome, and girls and nerds can be involved, but you dont have to be either to be in ^_^ And my mom read WFE and said it was awesome!

Accepted, and YES the hunger games is awesome, im on the thrid one, mockingjay, its fantastic
    Welcome arc! And yes, any book is fine, thats why its a book club!

Yeah, my 6th grade reading teacher told me it was awesome, so l bought a cop and was glued to it, read the whole thing in 3 days, TEAM PEETA!!!! Nah, dont get caught up in team gale or peeta, its just an excuse for the fan girls to not be bored.

18. Blackacer

Blackacer ~Artist~

Username: Blackacer
    Favorite Book/Series : Mr Midnight / Percy Jackson / Heroes Of Olympus / Diary Of A Wimpy Kid / Skulduggery / The Power Of Five etc...
    Why you want to join : Books are nice expecially fighting / exciting / adventure books :p

19. #chelloressurection

Accepted Blackacer. Also, does anybody want to add anything to the archives?

20. Wyrm

Wyrm ~Setting Sail~

Username: ilovedragonites

Favorite book/series: Warriors series, The Thirteen and a Half Lives of Captain Bluebear

Why you want to join: books are very entertaining, and are an excuse to get off the internet are the next best thing compared to the internet. When I need to take a break, it's reading time. As a matter of fact, I'll do some reading now.

Current book: The Red Pyramid. Yes, I'm quite slow. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.