• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The SPPf Book Club (NO it is NOT for nerds and girls)

Favorite Book/Series?

• The Hunger Games(my personal favorite)

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Harry Potter

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Percy Jackson

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Cirque De Freak

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • The Clique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Babysitters Club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Warriors/Seekers

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Big Nate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Misc.

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I haven't met any authors actually, although I would like to meet some. A lot of the time the signings are at times I can't make or they are far away so I can't make them, but one day I'd love to be able to attend a signing and meet an author (or two, or three, or more) and hopefully, possibly, get some tips. That would be amazing. If I were to pick two authors that I'd really like to meet, they would be Richelle Mead, author of the Vampire Academy novels, and Cassandra Clare, the author of the Mortal Instruments series and Infernal Devices series.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
You read Demonata? How is it? 8D Do you read the Cirque du Freak series as well?

They are amazing!:3 I'm a little old for them now, but they are some of the best books I've read!:3 Yep, I've read the first three books of the Cirque du Freak, and loved them!:3

I know an auther irl, the guy who wrote the H.I.V.E series, it's about a school where they teach children to become villans, it's very good!

Also, has anyone read either The Enemy, The Dead or The Fear? It's about how all grown ups become zombies and start eating the kids, I absolutely love those books!

Oh, and thanks for letting me join the club!:3

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Have you ever met or know an author IRL?
I met Ted Dekker at a book signing the Friday before my birthday this year (in other words, Good Friday 2011). He signed my copy of The Circle and my own brainstorming pad, on which he wrote "Ian... Write on :)." All the while, I looked like an utter fool in the mere presence of one of my favorite authors and literary inspirations.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I would like to join~

Username: TurtwigFan1
Favorite Book/Series: The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight (guilty pleasure), Confessions of Georgia Nicolson and A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Why you want to join: So I can have somewhere to talk about books with other people who love books :D

I've only ever met one author, Louise Rennison. She writes the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (hilarious) and she signed three of my books for me, leaving a message in one. She was really lovely in person.

Last edited:
I would like to join~

Username: TurtwigFan1
Favorite Book/Series: The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight (guilty pleasure), Confessions of Georgia Nicolson and A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Why you want to join: So I can have somewhere to talk about books with other people who love books :D

I've only ever met one author, Louise Rennison. She writes the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (hilarious) and she signed three of my books for me, leaving a message in one. She was really lovely in person.

Welcome! Join our discussion, as l see you already have ^_^

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
I haven't met an author IRL.

But, excitingly, my Uncle is writing his very first book! No idea what it's called, but mom says she has read some of it, and that it's a good book so far! So does this sorta count?

arceus03

Topic:
Nope I haven't. I may have glimpsed some at various bookfairs, but that's about it.

They are amazing!:3 I'm a little old for them now, but they are some of the best books I've read!:3 Yep, I've read the first three books of the Cirque du Freak, and loved them!:3

Cool =D You should finish the whole series, the storyline iis awesome. To me anyway

I haven't met an author IRL.

But, excitingly, my Uncle is writing his very first book! No idea what it's called, but mom says she has read some of it, and that it's a good book so far! So does this sorta count?

Ah, that's cool. We never knew someday your uncle's book might become a bestseller and hey, you have a famous author for an uncle. Things happen. ^_^

I know an auther irl, the guy who wrote the H.I.V.E series, it's about a school where they teach children to become villans, it's very good!

Also, has anyone read either The Enemy, The Dead or The Fear? It's about how all grown ups become zombies and start eating the kids, I absolutely love those books!

Oh, and thanks for letting me join the club!:3

I read all the CDF, and the first demonata, all really good.

MuffinPaula

。Haru~Desu。
XD Read the whole series, I assure you won't regret it. The storyline is very nice.
That's how much i think I read. Not sure. it's funny how I still remember the plot XD

WIN. XD Though that doesn't usually count as books... More like comics.
Who cares?!?! Atleast I'm reading it lmao

Also for the question, nope never did.....

I finished Water For Elephants today (started this book the 13th so finished it in about a week :3. For some reason I feel bad for August like I like him. People might think I'm crazy for kinda liking him LOL. *even though with the Marlena drama and stuff .-.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Username: ShinyRaikou
Favorite Book/Series: Percy Jackson
Why you want to join: I'm always reading. Seriously.

Manchee

extra toasty
Username: Buraddo_Aipom

Favorite book/series: I love a bunch of different series. Namely Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and Pretty Little Liars. I never read the HP books, so I've been doing so recently and I'm currently on the sixth. I can't wait for the new PJ book, and I am also really excited for the tenth Pretty Little Liars book. I've been reading the I Am Number Four series, but since there's only two books I'm not sure yet if I love it all that much. Besides those series, my favorite book ever is This Is Just Exactly Like You by Drew Perry. Everyone should read it, it's a really great book.

Why you want to join: I love books, and would love to have a place to talk about them with everyone. :)

Username: ShinyRaikou
Favorite Book/Series: Percy Jackson
Why you want to join: I'm always reading. Seriously.

Username: Buraddo_Aipom

Favorite book/series: I love a bunch of different series. Namely Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and Pretty Little Liars. I never read the HP books, so I've been doing so recently and I'm currently on the sixth. I can't wait for the new PJ book, and I am also really excited for the tenth Pretty Little Liars book. I've been reading the I Am Number Four series, but since there's only two books I'm not sure yet if I love it all that much. Besides those series, my favorite book ever is This Is Just Exactly Like You by Drew Perry. Everyone should read it, it's a really great book.

Why you want to join: I love books, and would love to have a place to talk about them with everyone. :)

Welcome both, join the discussion!

Titan500

Solar Panels
I've met three authors in real life so far. Jack Heath, the author of the 'Six of Hearts' series, Carole Wilkinson, who's the author of Dragonkeeper, and some random author of a werewolf series I can't particularly remember.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
oh cool. i have read all of the dragon keeper series. we started it at school, then i found it interesting so i got it from the library and read it

~Lati~

Or not :/
Username: lucian42
Fav Series: The Dresden Files, Codex Alera
Why you want to join: I read all the time. Not as much lately, but I've been getting back into it.

Username: lucian42
Fav Series: The Dresden Files, Codex Alera
Why you want to join: I read all the time. Not as much lately, but I've been getting back into it.

Accepted! Also, todays topic will be..................

How old were you when you started reading?

I know, a stupid topic, but im half awake and have to go to school in an hour and a half, l was actually only 2 when l read a barney book all by myself!

Titan500

Solar Panels
I can't really remember, but the earliest book I remember reading was from Thomas the Tank Engine, which I bought, well my parents bought, at around the age of 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.