• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The SPPf is full of homos thread.

Ethan

Banned
All things relative to homosexuality go here. Choice, rights, marriage, etc.

Ground rules/Personal recommendation;

- Start fresh. Don't quote posts from the old thread. Try to address each others points by paragraph, as opposed to countering each individual sentence. If you do the latter it makes your posts too long and makes my eyes bleed.

- One argument that I won't allow is comparing gays to pedophiles. You can argue that it can lead to pedophilia, if you can back it up I guess. But when you equate gays, or put them on the same level as pedophiles that's stepping out of bounds imo. Don't cross that line if you want to stay on this forum.

- Avoid name calling please. It's kind of sad that I have to enforce this since it's one of the most obvious rules. It goes for both sides. You can argue with out calling eachother homophobic bigots, or on the other spectrum, flamboyant fags. If you're going to act like children, I'll treat you like children. (You have no idea how many times my mother has said that, lol.) Actually I'll just treat you like a bunch of idiots.

It's a touchy subject, let's try not to get our panties in a bunch over it though.

Oh, and the thread title is pro. You're a nazi if you don't like it. :)

iColorfulEevee

Lalalala~✰
Ahh, starting anew... Oh and thanks Ethan for putting up that special crossline by the way~ ^^

Oki doki, now I FULLY support gay equality as honestly, there is no reason to deny them equal rights if everyone else does. Hmm hmm... I don't have much to say for now until someone comes along to start the real debate, so until then!

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
When I first saw the title of this, I thought it was a spam thread. Cuz lord knows we have enough of those XD

And I am definitely for gay rights and what-not. 2 of my best friends are bisexual, so obviously I'm not against it heheh. Although I have had gay men try to hit on me before. It's a very akward situation .-.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Lol....amazing how a mod could create a title so funny, it got my attention..........(does that mean I'm a homo?). Seriously though, gay rights are good, but everyone seems to overstereotype them. “Gays in the military will make a pass at other straight men/women, making them uncomfortable”. One of the most common things to hear upon listening to anti-gay rights advocates, and I'd like to reply with this: gay men/women don't go into the military just to meet other people, it is just absurd, and dumb. Saying stuff like that is one of the reasons that inequality has afflicted the states....

Dattebayo

Banned
I praise homos for saving the environment because they don't reproduce, which means our population will slowly dwindle. Besides, I heard it's a natural thing, even on animals.

I am going to lay out my views:

I believe homosexuality is a combination of psychological and biological factors. While there may be a small minority of people who choose one orientation over the other, the vast majority of people do not choose their orientation - gay, straight, or bi. Furthermore, it is irrelevant whether or not homosexuality is a choice or not. In a legal matter, that has no bearing on whether marriage rights should be given.

I believe in total equality when it comes to the law. I believe it is a matter of equal rights, and that religion has absolutely NO place in the law. I could care less what any holy book has to say, because America has separation of church and state. The federal government also has no power to define marriage one way or the other as it's unconstitutional. Gays should also be allowed to serve openly in the military and have all the rights that come with heterosexual couples.

Homosexuality can't be compared to bestiality/all the other crap. Homosexuals are no different than heterosexuals other than the fact that they are attracted to the same gender. What two consenting adults do is NO ONE'S business. Bestiality has no consent involved and animals can't sign a legal contract. The same goes with objects.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I am a proud supporter of gay rights- being a bisexual myself. I do believe that the only thing that make gay couples different from straight couples is the fact that they are unable to reproduce (for now anyway). Gay Marriage, Gay Unions, Gay Pride all the way.

BigLutz

Banned
The only way I think Homosexuals could be compared to say Beastiality or Pedophilia, is that those sexual feelings are something that people are born with and cannot fight. You can ask Pedophiles "Do you enjoy being a Pedophile" and you will probably get the same response you will get from many Gays "No, I hate it, but I can't help it no matter how hard I try."

Of course people can use this to slam Gays and compare them with Pedophiles in a derogatory manner. But just like it is taking time for people to accept that Gays truly cannot help the desires thrust upon them by life, neither can anyone else.

Timas

Wake Up
You can ask Pedophiles "Do you enjoy being a Pedophile" and you will probably get the same response you will get from many Gays "No, I hate it, but I can't help it no matter how hard I try."

Er... I know lots of gay people and none of them have stated that they hate being gay. And I'm pretty sure there's tons of pedophiles who feel no remorse or hatred for themselves either.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Gays can still have kids you know?

Yes they can, though I personally don't know many who have chosen to have kids. I know several who have adopted children and I think that's just fantastic but I haven't met many who've tried the whole "artificial insemination" route or who have had children from a previous marriage. I have nothing against either scenario since I see no real difference between being raised by a man and a woman, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman. I was raised by a man and a woman and I'm a mess so I don't think there's anything wrong with having gay parents. Not the end of the world.

BigLutz

Banned
Er... I know lots of gay people and none of them have stated that they hate being gay. And I'm pretty sure there's tons of pedophiles who feel no remorse or hatred for themselves either.

There are alot on both sides that feel no remorse, but then there are lots on both sides that do, you have millions of people of all sexual stripes who 'stay in the closet' because of the remorse and embarrassment they feel for their sexual activity.

Now I am not saying Gays are Pedophiles or that what they do is on the same level, but that we need a understanding that no matter what your sexual activity is, it is something that you are born with and cannot help.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
And so it begins again.

I personally believe homosexuality is in-born, and more specfically that hormones during the pregnancy play a large role in sexual orientation. I don't think it's a choice, but that being said...

As far as equal rights go, I don't see why the origins of homosexuality matter. Wether it's a choice or not should have no bearing on protection of rights, as we protect both immutable characterisitcs (race) and choices people make (religion). If it is a choice, it has no bearing on other people's freedom or well-being.

Gay marriage - letting people marry doesn't hurt marriage; one couple's marriage has no affect on the validity of another's marriage; marriage, despite studies suggesting it gives people better mental and physical health, also injects some money into the economy.

ENDA and DADT - I believe that your personal life should not be brought into your job. That being said, I don't see why you're personal lfie is grounds for termination from your job. Most businesses don't discriminate against homosexuals, but have a law in place would simply make it law. However, DADT... I understand the principal of "Don't ask, don't tell" but let's say you and your unit are sharing some crazy sex stories. The other guys won't get in trouble because all fo their stories invovle the opposite sex. but because yours invovles the same-sex, they can tell on you and legally get you discharged. But I mean, if you join the army, you aren't cruising for sex; you're trying to serve your country, and I think it's ridiculous that we get rid of people who want to fight for our country.

But really... DADT is legislated discrimination under the guise of "help." It says it's to protect morale... but I mean countries like Argentina, Belgium, the UK, Australia, Austria, New Zealand, France, Finland, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Romania, Luxembourg, Canada, Colombia, Albania, Bermuda, Denmark, Brazil, Ireland, Czech Republic, Israel, Estonia, Italy, Norway, Lithuania, Malta, Slovenia, Peru, the Phillipines, Tawain and Uraguay seem to be doing fine.

The only way I think Homosexuals could be compared to say Beastiality or Pedophilia, is that those sexual feelings are something that people are born with and cannot fight. You can ask Pedophiles "Do you enjoy being a Pedophile" and you will probably get the same response you will get from many Gays "No, I hate it, but I can't help it no matter how hard I try."

Of course people can use this to slam Gays and compare them with Pedophiles in a derogatory manner. But just like it is taking time for people to accept that Gays truly cannot help the desires thrust upon them by life, neither can anyone else.

Except, on those grounds, you would have to also agree that heterosexuality is comparable to pedophilia or beastiality.

Also, pedophilia is considered a disorder in which those affected seek sexual pleasure from prepubescent children. The sex of the child isn't really a defining trait (like in the cases of hetero- or homosexuality) it is accessibility to the children, which is why the Church and the Boy Scouts have all of these abuse scandals, because it's adult men surrounded by kids.

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
There are alot on both sides that feel no remorse, but then there are lots on both sides that do, you have millions of people of all sexual stripes who 'stay in the closet' because of the remorse and embarrassment they feel for their sexual activity.

Now I am not saying Gays are Pedophiles or that what they do is on the same level, but that we need a understanding that no matter what your sexual activity is, it is something that you are born with and cannot help.

As a homosexual myself, I can tell you that being "in the closet" is not because of remorse or shame. I am not embarrassed about who I am but because of not wanting to lose my place in society, and the way my mother feels about gay people, I choose to remain in my closet until I have left my house. Basically, it is fear.

Fear that actually shouldn't exist.

Timas

Wake Up

I completely agree with your stance on homosexuality. It's who they are and it can't be changed. I'm not arguing with that; I just don't think it's fair to make those generalisations by saying what you did. I have two friends who only let one or two people know they're bisexual (I'm one of them) and when I ask why they just won't tell anyone about it, it's because (and I quote), 'people will look at me differently'. My two friends are completely and utterly understanding of who they are and they aren't embarrassed about it; they just think they're making the right choice by conforming to society's norms.

I don't know. Maybe you are right; I don't know every single homosexual person on the planet, but I like debating from first-hand experience and this is the first chance I've got in quite a while.

Ethan

Banned

I agree with you, but in the case of pedophiles, why they may not be able to choose their sexual orientation, the law states that their morality should override their sexuality. One can argue that it's not fair, and if we give rights to homosexuals then we must look at all facets of human attraction under the guise of what's fair. While they may not be able to choose, they can choose not to abuse children. It would be different if children weren't mentally scarred or hurt by sexual relationships with older adults, but such isn't the case. So in the case of the pedophile, sorry, nature didn't deal to you kindly.

Their options in our society are to look to a therapist and find other ways to channel their sexual frustrations and or tensions. Gays can consent to one another, with each person fully being aware of the consequences of their actions. If there are other sexual attractions that meet that criteria then you could propose they deserve equal protection under the law, however the only two facets of human sexuality that meet that standard are heterosexuality, and homosexuality that I'm currently aware of anyway.

iColorfulEevee

Lalalala~✰
you will probably get the same response you will get from many Gays "No, I hate it, but I can't help it no matter how hard I try."

I'm assuming this is in real-life right? And if your location is correct, it would probably be because Texas and many other southern states are known to be the most homophobic states in America. In fact Texas is proposing a law that punishes homosexuals and their supporters. Honestly, if they were proposing a law punishing heterosexuals and their supporters. you would feel HORRIBLE now wouldn't you?

I'm not saying you're wrong because I'm sure there are people that feel that way, but I don't think it's "alot" as you put it.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Actually I am talking more generic as in all over America, there is a stigma with Homosexuality among young adults in our society as we tend to teach our children that they need to be one way. Now it may be a bit harder in Texas, but well middle/high school teasing and fear of disappointing your parents tends to be universal.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I have no problem with gays, I do a lot of Yuri stories and am working on a lesbo comic/manga thing that I'll self publish later on when I have enough money. I have a gay friend from Honduras whose visa has expired so you know the law is gonna pounce him twice as hard, but I don't mind that I"m sure he'll get it worked out.

I'm not too freaked out by gays when people ask me "what if a gay guy touched you" I tell them if it feels good why pretend it's not though, I'm not by definition bi or gay cause I'm not "attracted" to men just saying.

Let them have the right to marriage and adoption and what ever else. Some cults & whacked out religions let adults marry children and family marry family, if that's not wrong, I don't know what is, marriage wise.
If you don't come up to my face and try to hurt me you're okay I won't attack you that's it, even if 1 does it I won't blame the rest just the 1.
Pick any life style you want, if it helps you thrive and survive you picked the right one.

Manchee

extra toasty
You can ask Pedophiles "Do you enjoy being a Pedophile" and you will probably get the same response you will get from many Gays "No, I hate it, but I can't help it no matter how hard I try."

Most gay people I know highly enjoy being gay. Never have I heard someone that's older say they hate being gay. I think it would mostly be closeted teens who get bashed because people assume they're gay.

As for the pedophile thing, half probably say it's hard to fight, the other half that are creepier would probably say they enjoy it. If SVU has been telling me the truth, most would say the latter :/

BigLutz said:

Probably because a lot of people see being straight as the perfect and humane thing to be, and being gay as one of the most disgusting things ever, so therefore they would also accompany pedophilia with it. Muh. Dumb people.

BA~