• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Spriting Guide.

Bluespeon

Hi, i'm not a very active user here. But I used to enter this forums to check the sprites section. I've noticed the lack of activity in this section and the problems to keep it alive. Maybe now there is nothing to do, but I would like to let here a detailed guide of spriting, so maybe one day people encourage and try to make some sprite and open a gallery.
English is not my mother tongue (that is one of the reason I'm not very active in serebii), so the guide can contain mistakes. I have made the guide from my opinions, so I'm not saying that this way is the unique and correct way of spriting.
I'm gonna upload one chapter (if I can) every week. Hope you like it.

(The files are in .pdf format and are compressed in .rar, if you need another format, just tell me)

Fakemon series.

Recolor series.
  • Fusion series - Chapter 1: Recoloring.
  • Fusion series - Chapter 2: Recoloring: German style.

Fusion series.
  • Fusion series - Chapter 1: Fusions 1.0.
  • Fusion series - Chapter 2: Fusions 2.0.

Last edited:

Ex Extreme

Just some Random Guy
This is a really cool project, I'm looking forward for more of it.
I'll post some C&C later. For now, thanks for helping keep some activities here!

EDIT: Nice and simple. Although Fakemon are a lil' hard I'm sure this guide will help newcomers in spriting. The second chapter is really short tho.
Don't worry about grammar mistakes, your english is pretty good.

Last edited:

Bluespeon

This is a really cool project, I'm looking forward for more of it.
I'll post some C&C later. For now, thanks for helping keep some activities here!

EDIT: Nice and simple. Although Fakemon are a lil' hard I'm sure this guide will help newcomers in spriting. The second chapter is really short tho.
Don't worry about grammar mistakes, your english is pretty good.

Hi! Thank you so much :D What is C&C?

By the way, I forgot to put the size of the canvas of each pokemon game, so I've added it to the second chapter. Third chapter will be here soon.
Bye :D!

EDIT: I uploaded chapter 3. :D

Ex Extreme

Just some Random Guy
Hi! Thank you so much :D What is C&C?

By the way, I forgot to put the size of the canvas of each pokemon game, so I've added it to the second chapter. Third chapter will be here soon.
Bye :D!

EDIT: I uploaded chapter 3. :D

C&C means Comments & Criticism, feedback!
I kinda like the 2nd part more now, the canvas size is a really nice touch (I think we also got the 96x96 px from Gen V too).

The third part looks good, a little short too. But it does say some important things in spriting. Those non-clean lines sure are a problem on scratch-based sprites.

Last edited: