• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Spyro Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT4GTR

Ice Type Master
What levels in any of the Spyro games did you find hard?

Spyro1: Tree Tops: I spent days looking for the last area with the dragon.
Haunted Towers: I got this game when i was 3, completed every bit of the game except this level when i was 3, so was stuck on this level for 5 years or so, didn't complete the level til i was about 10.

@ Yonowaru in Chaos: Which glitches? I've noticed in that level my ps2 skips/slows down frame rate, very annoying, is that what you mean by the glitches?

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Sometimes, particularly in Luaha Island and Cloud 9 (but I'm sure it can happen anywhere), the everything disappears except for the enemies, the treasure and the background, so you're basically just on invisible ground or in invisible water. It is VERY annoying, because when I first experienced this in Cloud 9, I thought it was part of the game and I had to guess my way over the platform, which led to my inevitable demise.

The dragonflies are also damn annoying, sometimes they're impossible to catch, other times, you forget you're still in Bubblebreath mode and you breathe bubbles at the enemy -_-;; Also, when you're battling Ripto, when you're hit once, you will die, because in the time it takes Spyro to get back up on his feet, he's already hit by Ripto's next attack. The cycle then repeats. I've really got a WHOLE LOT to rant about Enter the Dragonfly.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
The Ripto battle music in Ripto's Rage was annoying....I know they were trying for an epic feel, but the faux opera made it hard to concentrate.

treespyro

Vintage much?
I just remember the Original Soundtrack in the first Game by Stewart Copeland

I loved Spyro 1's Soundtrack, it was the best soundtrack I remember hearing in video games

Oh and One Liners

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
It was good, I especially liked the Dream Weaver world in general because of the music of the levels there. Peace Keepers was EXTREMELY catchy, because the battlefield feel was right-on, and Magic Crafters reminded me of the egg thieves.

In Spryo 2, I liked the Aquaria Towers music, I didn't really pay attention to anything else really, because I remember when I was stuck on Crush once and all I kept on doing was swimming around Aquaria Towers.

Spyro 3 also had awesome music, it was reused sometimes, but I didn't mind since most of them were favourites, and did fit in very well. Cloud Spires-Haunted Tomb I liked very much and Spooky Swamp as well. I didn't quite get what they were aiming for in Bamboo Terrace...

The PS2 titles are quite forgettable, but I do remember Stormed Beach in A Hero's Tail, that was pretty catchy as well.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
It was good, I especially liked the Dream Weaver world in general because of the music of the levels there. Peace Keepers was EXTREMELY catchy, because the battlefield feel was right-on, and Magic Crafters reminded me of the egg thieves.

In Spryo 2, I liked the Aquaria Towers music, I didn't really pay attention to anything else really, because I remember when I was stuck on Crush once and all I kept on doing was swimming around Aquaria Towers.

Spyro 3 also had awesome music, it was reused sometimes, but I didn't mind since most of them were favourites, and did fit in very well. Cloud Spires-Haunted Tomb I liked very much and Spooky Swamp as well. I didn't quite get what they were aiming for in Bamboo Terrace...

The PS2 titles are quite forgettable, but I do remember Stormed Beach in A Hero's Tail, that was pretty catchy as well.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
My favorites were the water stages in Year of the Dragon, Fireworks Factory (Year of the Dragon), Scorch (Ripto's Rage), Cloud Temples (Ripto's Rage), and so many more.

GT4GTR

Ice Type Master
Sometimes, particularly in Luaha Island and Cloud 9 (but I'm sure it can happen anywhere), the everything disappears except for the enemies, the treasure and the background, so you're basically just on invisible ground or in invisible water. It is VERY annoying, because when I first experienced this in Cloud 9, I thought it was part of the game and I had to guess my way over the platform, which led to my inevitable demise.

The dragonflies are also damn annoying, sometimes they're impossible to catch, other times, you forget you're still in Bubblebreath mode and you breathe bubbles at the enemy -_-;; Also, when you're battling Ripto, when you're hit once, you will die, because in the time it takes Spyro to get back up on his feet, he's already hit by Ripto's next attack. The cycle then repeats. I've really got a WHOLE LOT to rant about Enter the Dragonfly.

Hmm, i've never heard of the disappearing glitch, but my ps2 does seriously slow down in Cloud 9. (mind you, my ps2 slows down in lots of games, don't know why. I haven't battled Ripto yet though.

I just remember the Original Soundtrack in the first Game by Stewart Copeland

I loved Spyro 1's Soundtrack, it was the best soundtrack I remember hearing in video games

Oh and One Liners

Yeah, i actually downloaded the mp3's because i loved it so much, it should be legal since i owned the game.

Also, it's great fun to play some of the soundtrack out of a surround sound system (with a woofer) because of the bass, i have one connected to the TV.

If anyone else has a topic to talk about feel free to add it in a post so people can reply to it

oh and watch out for the one liners, there seem to be a few so i thought i would point that out.. as it is against the rules.. we don't want the club to be closed because of too many

A Spyro Club? I'm amazed. I stumbled across this while looking for the Pro-Cloning club.

Anyway, I believe that Spyro the Dragon was my first video game ever, and one of my favorites. I believe that ever since the first game, the games have decreased in quality in a rough Fibonacci Spiral (e.g. it it decreased continuously more the more games were released). But the original trilogy was still great. The first Spyro game will always be one of my favorite games ever.

I've absolutely hated the Year of the Dragonfly and all games that came after it. Since then, I haven't bought any Spyro game except A Hero's Tail which was perhaps worse than YotD.

New Topic, sorry if this has been posted before but...

Which Spyro Game of the Original Trilogy was your Favorite?

Maybe the first, but the third (Year of the Dragon? I forgot) might be my favorite. I didn't like collecting the Talismans and the Orbs (if that's what those green things were called, I haven't played Spyro for a while) in Rypto's Rage.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I don't think A Hero's Tail was very much worse than Year of the Dragonfly, Year of the Dragonfly must really be the worst PS2 Platinum game ever in its genre. Its only redeeming quality is the graphics, which are pretty good and smooth. Otherwise, A Hero's Tail had pretty much the same graphics but at least it had more than one world and was relatively glitch-free (as well as pretty fun at times, I liked the ball-rolling, but the bosses were too easy).

Spyro the Dragon is my overall favourite game. Mind you, I like all of the original trilogy, but I chose Spyro the Dragon for its simplicity and creativity of the stages. I liked all of the stages in there and it could virtually do no wrong. Even though it felt like there was no storyline except to kill Gnasty Gnorc, the gameplay made you ignore that fact for a while. The graphics were extremely good for its time and the music was just so well implemented. Spryo's Theme will always be a classic and the frog at the start that puts the Insomiac Games sign on top of the mountain will always be forever etched in to my mind.

it would have to be Spyro 1 or 3
number 2 i found was the hardest to complete out of all of them..
too many orbs and talismans
but Spyro 3 introduced skateboarding and it was just awesome!
Number 1 was good, especially in tree tops getting to that far away dragon on the platform using the supercharge.. it was a challenge

welcome to the club
Pikablu_the_Pokemaster
beware of double posting too ok

keep contributing everyone

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I second Year of the Dragon...that skateboarding mini game was too much fun! They could've made that its own game, for all I know. If it was it's own game, it could use the Wiimote/Balance board. The only problem would be working a story into a mini-game.

Last edited:
Thanx for noticing that double post, I deleted it. Thanks for letting me join! If I find a good picture of Spyro (can't find any...:() I'll stick it in a userbar and post that here. Please fix 1-liner, FR.

The skateboarding was never too big for me, but it was still fun.

For me, Rypto's Rage just had multiple tedious levels, especially if you wanted 100% or more. I can't remember the level names, but they just had a non-Spyro "feel" to them which weren't good. I used to think that the boss battles were good too, but they don't seem to be as good as I remember them. It had multiple fun glitches to exploit though, some of which could actually be useful.

Spyro the Dragon, my favorite, was always fun. It was just that, fun. Exploration was always different, and felt fun instead of tedious like RR. Going through, beating every enemy and collecting every Gem as well as freeing the stone dragons and flying levels was always fun. Though of course, it wasn't perfect and started to feel old if you tried to play through it to fast. For me, it seemed to get more boring at the fifth world (forgot name).

The year of the Dragon felt new, but still had Spyro fun. It introduced many things such as skateboarding and Dragon Eggs, which didn't feel as tedious as Orbs. It felt completely different than StD and RR, but was still fun and felt similar.

And that is my take on the original trilogy.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I fixed the one liner...

As for my .02 on the trilogy:

The original started out interesting and fresh, but began to get tedious around the Beast Maker's world. That, and every dragon should've had an interesting message instead of a few saying "Thank you for releasing me".

The second one expanded on the original concept, introduced new friends, new enemies, new powers, and a new world, and combined it all into one grand experience. My only beef is the final battle with Ripto--it tries to sound epic and all, but it winds up being annoying.

The third took the second one even farther with new playable characters, a new side of the dragon lands, and a bad-guy-turned good I loved. As well as the mini games--those were fun.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I actually quite enjoyed Gateway to Glimmer. There were new themes (like a harbour in war, deserts, oriental temples and a futuristic city) and the music was equally good (except for the main world ones...). THe only thing I didn't like about it were the boss battles (felt bland) and they could've expanded more on Dragon Shores.

The first one I thought didn't get boring for me, there was a sense of exploration and not linear paths by the Beast Makers world and it all added to the variety of the worlds. There were also a lot of places that were purely optional, like the Flights, and it was possible to defeat Gnasty Gnorc and not have finished the rest of the game (like defeat Jacques and Metalhead). Speaking of Jacques and Metalhead, they're boss battles (and Toasty, Dr. Shemp and Blowhard as well) were one of the best and most imaginative, not even the other ones can rival them. Sure they died in a few hits or so, but they were frustrating and comical as well (and Spyro himself also dies in a few hits, so it evens out.)

The third one was the hardest of them all, I think, it was hard to get to the 5th world controlling new characters might be innovative and fun, but they were also challenging (such as Agent 9) and, like the other worlds, they were imaginative and the music was great (like Frozen Altars, I love that place and the penguins).

with the first game you got to go to gnastys loot as a reward for finishing the same

in spyro 3 you go to go to a level similar to that too

and spyro 2 you got a permanent mega fire breath
i prefer the gems...
fire breath is boring.. lol

Oh and FlamingRuby you double posted, i know it was probably not on purpose, im just pointing it out thats all :)

If you could make a Spyro game what would be in it/ what would it be like?
i think surfing or something, more sports should be included, if spyro can skateboard surely he can surf
or maybe car racing spyro that would be cool..

Last edited:

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Fixed the double post.

As for my dream Spyro game, I'd want it to be like the old PSX trilogy, only expanded upon even more. With multiple HUGE worlds to explore (as in Avalar and the Dragon Lands in the same game, for example), new levels, new allies, a new bad guy, new minigames, as well as old favorites like Hunter, Bianca, Moneybags, Shelia, etc.

GT4GTR

Ice Type Master

Gateway to Glimmer, brings back memories, Spyro 1 was good too.

^ Thats sort of a one-liner

Anyway, If I could make, or remake a spyro game, I would remake Spyro the Dragon. It would have new levels, larger worlds, more levels, and maybe a new boss or story. But it would stick to the original (no friends, rescuing the dragons, etc.) but there would be skateboarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.