• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Spyro Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is your favourite enemy in Spyro? (Ripto, Gnasty Gnorc etc.)
I quite like the Sorceress i like it when you can fly in the flying saucer in order to beat her, its awesome!

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
^ Thats sort of a one-liner

Anyway, If I could make, or remake a spyro game, I would remake Spyro the Dragon. It would have new levels, larger worlds, more levels, and maybe a new boss or story. But it would stick to the original (no friends, rescuing the dragons, etc.) but there would be skateboarding.

I'd actually say to keep the old storyline. If it didn't have the old storyline, then that's hardly a remake, even with the same levels (albeit expanded). Working on the old story might be better, like giving some of the bosses some storyline contribution.

All the levels have good potential, and deserve to be expanded (but DEFINITELY NOT Misty Bog; I get lost in that place everytime, and the frogs keep killing me long distance!!!). Having more levels isn't that good of an idea, seeing as the fundamental stages are there. But if they're completely new ideas (that remain Spyro-ish), then why not?

New bosses might be good, but that's circumstantial; there are enough bosses already for such an evenly spread out game, but mini-bosses, such as at the end of the stage, there's an enemy more powerful than the others and doesn't appear anywhere else, would be good.

It's too bad Insomniac sold the franchise, there will never be a proper Spyro game anymore... :(

Who is your favourite enemy in Spyro?

Toasty, absolutely hilarious. Pure win.

Oh yeah, and the Egg Thief.

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Sorry, been busy

Toasty and Dr. Shemp were the favourite or those Gnorcs in the beginning of the Artisan World who are scared and weak but Funny

GT4GTR

Ice Type Master
^ Thats sort of a one-liner

Anyway, If I could make, or remake a spyro game, I would remake Spyro the Dragon. It would have new levels, larger worlds, more levels, and maybe a new boss or story. But it would stick to the original (no friends, rescuing the dragons, etc.) but there would be skateboarding.

I'm not meaning to bag the site but i think that's a stupid rule, it was a meaningful post and all, but anyway, that was a month ago...

Ripto and the Scorseress, they're both alright.

time for a new topic

What got you interested in Spyro?

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Saw the trailer on one of those PSX demo discs and found it cute. Then found a hidden demo in Crash Bandicoot 2, and decided it was worth getting the full game.

~*Opal Totodile*~

Aura*~Lovies
oh the spyro club is back =D

can i join, please?

I love dragons, so i've always adored the spyro franchise, especially spyro and hunter <3
They're such fun games to play, and its one of the two games i obssess over =)

x x x

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit

It was my first ever game when I got a PSone, and I just loved it the minute I started playing. The graphics were incredible for those times (and for 1990s) and the gameplay was simple, yet retained a difficulty notch. The environments and backgrounds were stunning so that got me continually loving the Spyro games. Until Insomniac handed Spyro over, the Spyro games only kept improving.

GT4GTR

Ice Type Master

Same as above, Spyro was my first game on PS1, got it for my 3rd birthday. So it nearly lasted 10 years, the disc got a crack in the middle when i was almost 13. I'm 14 now and i still play it on an emulator.

I remember when i first bought a PS1, and it came with a demo game..
and on the demo was Spyro, and i enjoyed it, so my mum bought me the full game

i will always love that game

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I also got the demo, but I didn't like it because you couldn't go to Town Square or Toasty's level =(

But the best thing was, the Spyro the Dragon theme played through the entire home world. It was epic and much better than the Artisan theme.

I also got the demo, but I didn't like it because you couldn't go to Town Square or Toasty's level =(

But the best thing was, the Spyro the Dragon theme played through the entire home world. It was epic and much better than the Artisan theme.

True, it was a pretty awesome theme too,
i wish the had kept that in all the games, the new games aren't very good because they are so different from the old ones

they need PORTALS!

the demo upset me because you couldn't go on the flying level, i liked stepping on the stones so it appeared, i found that really fun :p

anyone got a new topic to add?

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
lol, bump right at the month-mark >.>

Welcome, Hyper Stan, I was a fan since I first got a Playstation, which was, I think...when I was 4 or 5.

So let's have a new topic :):

Thieves! Which generation of them did you like the best?

I'd have to say the little blue thieves must have been the classic one and thus, my favourite. I like their Arabian revamps in Spyro II as well, but their calls weren't literally everywhere like in Spyro I :(. The same is in Spyro III, but at least they didn't get in the way of other useful additions that Spyro III had.

Oh yeah, and the new gen. thieves suck.

Thieves! Which generation of them did you like the best?
Spyro 3, because they had egs that had names and stuff, and yeah, i guess they were just cooler..

the demo that came with my PS1

what levels in any spyro game did you find hard?

in the first it was the tretop stayed up a whole night and those stupid speed marks had still tricked me
in the second i really hate the chalenge were you have to catch those metal bees on the scarecrows
In the third i had a hard time on the skateboard at the sunken ship place

And can i try making a userbar?

Chane

The climbing Treecko
Can I join you? I have played Spyro very long. If I didn't meet him I never like Dragons

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
w00t, club is back.

What's your favourite Spyro stage?

I liked Fracture Hills. It was one of the more original Spyro levels, the residents had personality, the pink bears could dance, the giant rock guys made cute faces right before they exploded, the supercharge was awesome...everything.

I could actually say this to virtually any Spyro level (from the original trilogy), Breeze Harbour had its own kind of cool, Lofty Castle was plain weird, everyone in Spooky Swamp talked haiku...none of their ideas ever got old.

Status
Not open for further replies.