• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The SSP Book Club

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
Hi, welcome to the SSP Book Club, where you can discuss what you are currently reading, last read or are planning to read!

Rules:
  1. Obey ALL SSP Rules
  2. NO SAYING "oMg ThAT bUUk Is CRaP!!!1!!" or anything likewise
  3. Small Criticism of Books will be accepted, but only small. With a reasonable explanation.
  4. No Comic Discussion. Make a Comic Club if you want to talk about them.
  5. When Joining put "Once Upon a Time" in your post to prove you have read the rules and include a review of your favourite book in 4 lines minimum.
  6. Do not ask to be a Co-Owner.
  7. Do not bash others for their interest in books.
  8. This includes if they are remembering a book they were read when they were younger
  9. Movie Based off Book Discussion should be kept to a Minimum, but is allowed.

To join you need to do what is said in the rules.

Owner:
Mew-100

Co-Owners:
Nobody Yet

Co-Owners Wanted?:
Not at the moment.

Members:
-S'Vivon
-Pikablu Lv.X

I guess I should include a review of my favourite book.

Cosmic by Frank Conttrell Boyce.
Shortlisted for the 2009 Carnigie Awards, this book is also by my Favourite Author, who wrote Millions and Framed. Liam Digby is nearly 12, but very tall for his age and is already developing Facial Hair. When he becomes 12 this becomes for noticable, he is mistakened as a New Teacher, Someone interested in buying a Car and later on, a father. This takes him and one of his friends acting as his Daughter going on a trip to China to go to the biggest Theme Park in the world and riding the biggest thrill ride of all time, that is exactly what it seems, too.
I think this book would appeal to ages 10-14, I'm nearly 14 but I'm sure I'll enjoy it for the rest of my life. I read it in 2 hours on 2 seperate days, that's 306 pages plus an extra 24 pages about other books and the author. There are also plans for a Movie based on the book, I may audition for the character Samson Two.

I hope you enjoy the club and discussing books!

Last edited:

S'Vivon

Catante Domino!
"Once Upon a Time"
my favorite book to date (I've just become an avid reader)
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Obviously, if you've seen the movie Coraline, you know the story. Coraline finds a door to another world inhabited by her "Other Mother" and "Other Father". But it ends up having dangerous secrets. The Other Mother tries to keep Coraline forever. Coraline eventually escapes the other world to find her parents gone. She must use her cleverness and resourcefulness to find her parents and rid the world of the Other Mother. This book is short, easy to read, and Coraline is an amazingly charming character. It shows that you must be careful what you wish for...

Once upon a time....

My favourite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling.

The conclusive book of the Harry Potter series, it never fails to thrill. It's an edge-of-the-seat experience, involving Harry travelling the world with his friends Ron and Hermione in search of Voldemort's 7 horcruxes that he plans to destroy, to make Voldemort mortal again, and avenge Dumbledore's death. This book has yet to be made into a movie.

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
S'Vivon, Pikablu Lv.X, you're both in! May you post happily ever after!

The book I'm reading at the moment is called the Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman, it's the second in the His Dark Materials Series, preeceded by Northern Lights (The Golden Compass). It follows adventures in 3 worlds, one similar to ours, one where peoples souls take form of an animal and another which is...strange to say the least. We follow Lyra and Will in their adventure to find both their Dads.

It's pretty good so far, but I think the chapters with the Witches are boring to be honest.

S'Vivon

Catante Domino!
I heard that those books were blasephemous against God. Is that true? I haven't read any of them???

Slash4life

uncollared
Once upon a time...

Lately, my favorite book has been John Grisham's The Broker.
Joel Backman has something every nation in the world wants its hands on. He, and he only, posesses the codes to a sattellite system that Pakastani students discovered. The students were assassinated and he took a plea to go to prison for his own protection. He is pardoned in the last hours of a presidency and is taken to Italy by the CIA. Their ultimate goal is to find out whose system it was by leaking info of his whereabouts to several nations and see who kills him first.