• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Stalk and the Farfetch'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Does anybody know why this pokemon cannot live without its little stalk of green onion? Platinum Dex Entry: It can't live without the stalk it holds. That's why it defends the stalk from its attackers with its life.

Can it only eat green onion?

Shiny Mew2

Gunshow
uuhhh...... cuz the stalk grows and thats the olny thing itll eat???? i was also asking myself this question

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
it's probably not a literal meaning of 'can't live without'. Like, people say 'I can't live without my cup of coffee first thing in the morning'. They can, they just really like coffee. I guess it's the same with Farfetch'd. Also, he uses it to defend himself from would-be attackers, so in a sense it helps him to live, ergo, he could not live without it.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Yea rayray does have a point. Curiousity is mostly why I questioned it lol.

Grei

not the color
it's probably not a literal meaning of 'can't live without'. Like, people say 'I can't live without my cup of coffee first thing in the morning'. They can, they just really like coffee. I guess it's the same with Farfetch'd. Also, he uses it to defend himself from would-be attackers, so in a sense it helps him to live, ergo, he could not live without it.

This is probably what the Dex entry meant. Since Farfetch'd uses the stalk as a defense, being unable to live without it would imply it has no other way to defend itself.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
i think its kinda like a thing of honor. it would kill itself(because it it thinks its worthless for not having a stalk) if it wasnt with the stalk

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
i think its kinda like a thing of honor. it would kill itself(because it it thinks its worthless for not having a stalk) if it wasnt with the stalk

The thought of farfetche'd killing itself because it lacks a stalk is HILARIOUS

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
well its only a theory. it could be that other farfecth'd would kill it if it didnt have the stick

thats even better. cannibal pokemon. you my friend, are a genius. sigging that

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
Oh my god what did I start here...

Other dex entries talk about how there is bad sticks and good sticks. And how they fight over sticks!

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
well maybe the fights are to the death and they fight to get sticks. it would explain a lot.

grandma farfetch'd to grandson farfetch'd, "If you dont straighten up ill get my bad stick on you!!!"

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
or maybe farfetche'd use the stick like a comfort blanket and go insane without it

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
well maybe the fights are to the death and they fight to get sticks. it would explain a lot.

grandma farfetch'd to grandson farfetch'd, "If you dont straighten up ill get my bad stick on you!!!"

They need to put that on a game, like the mystery dungeons. Im putting that in my sig by the way, its too funny

megacool8

ZOMG A COOKIE!!
i just took a stick away from a farfetched using theif.... he died...... like instantely

megacool8

ZOMG A COOKIE!!
i just took a stick away from a farfetched using theif.... he died...... like instantely

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:

Seriously or are you just kidding? That's...scary to be honest lol

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
<.< Farfetch'd doesn't really die if it loses it's stalk....

It is his only weapon and it also raises his attack power.

Status
Not open for further replies.