• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Standalone Pokemon Club v.2

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
This is the second version of the Standalone Pokemon Club, orginally made by Pearl's Perap. The old club has died so I decided to bring it back. Below is what the original club owner said. The member list has been WIPED, so if you were in the previous club you'll have to re-join. I will update the member list each time new members are added. New club approved by Chelc.

Since in the rules it strictly states that you can't make a club based on one pokémon and some pokémon don't actually have an evolutionary line, I came up with the simple idea of a club that includes ALL these pokémon with no evolutions.

And so I present, THE STANDALONE POKÉMON CLUB!

Are you a fan of Kangaskhan? Qwilfish? Tropius? Chatot? If so, then this club is for the club for you. Simply state which standalone pokémon you like and why you like it using the form below.

Usual club rules apply, but here's a quick rundown:

1 - the usual forum rules apply like normal.

2 - No one-liners, they will either be ignored or reported.

3 - Don't overuse smilies, one per post is more than necessary (aside from the members list ;])

Form

Name you want to go by:
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number):
Reason why:
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon:
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon:

Members List

;206; AlCario
;214; ChaRichard
;336; Dooplissotto
;312; Double-oh-Platypus
;211; Farmermon
;441; masterleo
;303; Mawile412
;235; pika pika pikachu
;302; pokemon-expert-chris
;128; Sapphire Phoenix
;131; starliteevee (club owner)
;359; suicune lover
;441; sunkirby

Artwork:

Thenewbanner.png

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/Thenewbanner.png[/img*]

[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/StandalonepokemonclubbannerBETTER.png
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/StandalonepokemonclubbannerBETTER.png[/img*]
These two are done by Sapphire Phoenix.

[IMG]http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/Flurried/theStandalonePokemonClub.png
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/Flurried/theStandalonePokemonClub.png[/IMG*]

[IMG]http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/Flurried/theStandalonePokemonClubTWO.png
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/Flurried/theStandalonePokemonClubTWO.png[/IMG*]
Both done by [url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=407144]Flurried Rains[/url].

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/r8cu4w.jpg
http://i37.*******.com/r8cu4w.jpg[/IMG*]
Done by Farmermon.

[U]Example Topics[/U]

Which standalone pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
What is your favourite picture of your favourite standalone pokémon?
Out of all the standalone Pokemon, who do you think would win a fight between all of them?
Do you have any level 100 standalone pokémon?
What would be the perfect episode/manga chapter starring your favourite standalone pokémon?
Is there a Pokemon out there that should be a standalone but was given an evo/pre evo with it when it was released?
Were there any pokemon that WERE standalone, but got an evolution or pre-evolution that you think shouldn't have gotten one?

---

Incase you can't remember if you love a certain standalone pokémon, here's a list:

1st Gen - Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Tauros, Lapras, Ditto, Aerodactyl

2nd Gen - Unown, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Heracross, Corsola, Delibird, Skarmory, Stantler, Smeargle, Miltank

3rd Gen - Shedinja*, Sableye, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Spinda, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Castform, Kecleon, Tropius, Absol, Relicanth, Luvdisc

4th Gen - Pachirisu, Chatot, Spiritomb, Carnivine, Rotom

* Despite Shedinja requiring the evolution of a Nincada to come about, it does not evolve into or from another pokémon, making it a standalone pokémon in its own right[/color][/size]

Last edited:

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Awesome! This is just a bumping post to get it to the first page.

I'm here :D

Name you want to go by: Sapphire
Favorite standalone Pokemon (name and national dex number): Tauros #128 ;128;
Reason why: Well, Tauros has helped me in my Leafgreen game so many times that he eventually grew onto me. And I just like him (if that could count as a reason >.>)
Favourite episodes featuring this pokemon: Well, I don't really watch the anime anymore, but I remember an episode where Ash used Tauros against Anabel. Ironically, he used Tauros against her Alakazam, and I use my best Tauros (in LeafGreen) mainly against Alakazams...

Yeah, Firefox doesn't let me copy/paste D:

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I'm here :D

Name you want to go by: Sapphire
Favorite standalone Pokemon (name and national dex number): Tauros #128 ;128;
Reason why: Well, Tauros has helped me in my Leafgreen game so many times that he eventually grew onto me. And I just like him (if that could count as a reason >.>)
Favourite episodes featuring this pokemon: Well, I don't really watch the anime anymore, but I remember an episode where Ash used Tauros against Anabel. Ironically, he used Tauros against her Alakazam, and I use my best Tauros (in LeafGreen) mainly against Alakazams...

Yeah, Firefox doesn't let me copy/paste D:

Wahoo, first member! I'll add you to the member list straight away =)
I think Tauros is a pretty cool-looking Pokemon, though I've never actually used one. I've only caught them on my Red a few times, and that was years ago, and only because it was rare.
Anyway, might as well answer one of the topics.

Which standalone pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?

I think Seviper will, I just think it'll have longer fangs, eyes that are practically just green slits, and instead of a single-bladed tail it will have the razor edge on both sides. And the pattern will be different.

Name you want to go by: Chris
Favourite standalone pokémon: Sableye #302 ;302;
Reason why: Its design is awesome and it doesn't have any type weaknesses.

Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Ready, Willing and Sableye! (The only episode I have watched where Sableye appears)

masterleo

Order Up!
Name you want to go by: ML

Favourite standalone pokémon:Chatot 441
File:Spr_4p_441.png

Reason why: It helped me a lot in my pearl playthrough, I like flying types and a move not even Smeargle can Sketch

Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Stealing the Conversation!

Rommath

▲_▲
YES! YES! YES! It's back! :) :) :) ^_^

Name you want to go by: Dooplissotto or just Doopliss

Favorite standalone Pokemon (name and national dex number): Seviper (#336)

Reason why: Like in the old club, because it was Jessie's main Pokemon for quite a while before Yanmega came, and has been with her since the start of Hoenn way back when. The poor snake just keeps coming back after every Thunderbolt. :)

Favourite episodes featuring this pokemon: A Tail with A Twist. Seviper's debut episode, where it was actually quite strong. I enjoyed the antics that Team Rocket, especially Jessie went through to get it, resulting in that Jessie vs. Seviper "battle". Her hair grew back very fast. ;)

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
pokemon-expert-chris said:
Name you want to go by: Chris
Favourite standalone pokémon: Sableye #302
Reason why: Its design is awesome and it doesn't have any type weaknesses.

Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Ready, Willing and Sableye! (The only episode I have watched where Sableye appears)

masterleo said:
Name you want to go by: ML

Favourite standalone pokémon:Chatot 441

Reason why: It helped me a lot in my pearl playthrough, I like flying types and a move not even Smeargle can Sketch

Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Stealing the Conversation!

YES! YES! YES! It's back! :) :) :) ^_^

Name you want to go by: Dooplissotto or just Doopliss

Favorite standalone Pokemon (name and national dex number): Seviper (#336)

Reason why: Like in the old club, because it was Jessie's main Pokemon for quite a while before Yanmega came, and has been with her since the start of Hoenn way back when. The poor snake just keeps coming back after every Thunderbolt. :)

Favourite episodes featuring this pokemon: A Tail with A Twist. Seviper's debut episode, where it was actually quite strong. I enjoyed the antics that Team Rocket, especially Jessie went through to get it, resulting in that Jessie vs. Seviper "battle". Her hair grew back very fast. ;)

You're all in! I'll add you guys to the member list in a sec. Smeargle can't sketch Chattter? I thought it could Sketch any move.

I like Sableye, but it looks weird when it displays its mouth, it just seems so....dispraportionate? I don't think I spelled that right.

It's always good to have you here, Dooplissotto :) I remember that episode, it was funny how Seviper became weak after Jessie had caught it then before she had caught it. And I'll let you slip through rule number three this time, since you're just using the form, but remember to not use too many smilies.

Last edited:

Rommath

▲_▲
Great, thanks starliteevee. ^_^ Guess I got a bit carried away with the smilies, ehehe. I'll remember for next time.

Yes, a Sableye, Chatot and a Seviper. At the moment I'm also trying to raise a Lapras to Lvl 100, the Battleground in Platinum's helping with that. Seviper and Sableye were EV-trained, but Chatot wasn't.

Thanks for letting me join.

I have always wanted a Kanghaskan pre-evo, but aside from that one the pre-evo and polar opposite of absol idea would be good too.

Only the Ditto that has never left the day care since the day I put it there.

Wahoo, first member! I'll add you to the member list straight away =)
I think Tauros is a pretty cool-looking Pokemon, though I've never actually used one. I've only caught them on my Red a few times, and that was years ago, and only because it was rare.
At first I didn't like Tauros, mainly because I would always have trouble catching one. But in LeafGreen, it was like it wanted me to catch it... I saw one and I almost got it before it ran away, and two battles later I saw another one... and got it on the second try. I wasn't expecting to catch it, so I decided I'd try using the pokemon on my team for once... yeah.

Pre-evolutions: Miltank/Tauros. Like I said in the old club, they can do a pre-evo that (depending on it's gender) will evolve either into Miltank or Tauros. Absol is the main one I can see getting an evolution, since it's popular.

Do you have any lv. 100 standalone Pokemon?

I have an Absol, Skarmory and Aerodactyl... I'm currently working on another Absol (in Platinum), and that Tauros I was talking about in LeafGreen.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Do you have any lv. 100 standalone Pokemon?
No. Actually, I don't have any lv. 100 Pokemon at all. Though I would like to try and get a Lapras, that'd be nice.

I hatched a Chatot egg on GPX+. I only just realized how weird its design is. Its head is a music note, yet it doesn't sing. And Shuckle looks like some sortof rocky snail that climbed out of a moldy wall.

There ought to be more episodes with Standalone Pokemon, because I don't think there has been enough the Pokemon, including Lapras (other than Ash's in the Orange Islands). Jesse's Seviper has had its fair share of time though. I like that snake, though it keeps on getting hit by Pikachu's Thunderboltand is always horribly defeated.

masterleo

Order Up!
starliteevee, as the chatot master, i will fill you in.

You're all in! I'll add you guys to the member list in a sec. Smeargle can't sketch Chattter? I thought it could Sketch any move
Nope. audio problems

I hatched a Chatot egg on GPX+. I only just realized how weird its design is. Its head is a music note, yet it doesn't sing.
Chatot can learn sing.

Lapras should get a pre-evolution that should have something to do with shellos.

Last edited:
GPXplusSIG.png

GPXFanClubSectionWelcome-1.png

Do you own eggs or Pokemon on Global Pokedex Plus? Are you looking for a place to talk about it on these forums? Are you trying to find people to click your eggs? Well you have come to the right place. Here, you can talk about the rare eggs you've found, the cool Pokemon you have, the events that are coming up, and ANYTHING else about GPX. Here, your party link will be posted on the members list, or the master list, and can be clicked by other members. Please read all of the rules before joining (it doesn't take that long), and follow the joining application. Hope you enjoy the club!

GPXFanClubSectionTheRules-1.png

1. In order to stay active, a member must frequently post on the forums, frequently click the master list, and must frequently edit his or her journal. Frequently means at least once a week.
2. A member must always click the WHOLE party of another member when clicking their Pokemon. The only exception to this is if the user has eggs that need to be hatched.
3. All vacations, extended absences, etc. must be announced on the forum to avoid other members becoming upset that another member is not clicking back. RULE CHANGED: Report all upcoming absences or returns to me via private message.
4. Always click back a member of the club, unless you are unable to for some reason (Rule 3).
5. Do not ask to be Co Owner.
6. Follow the Serebii Forum rules.
7. Do not ask to start a GPX Egg Pokedex for the club or a blacklist of all one-clickers. Both of these ideas have been stated before and have been disapproved for various reasons, but mainly because they go against the GPX Plus rules.
8. No begging for clicks! This counts as spam!
9. NO ONE LINE POSTS. Unless it contributes something to the conversation that is important and interesting.
10. Have fun. :]​

Banning/Strike System: When a user becomes inactive, their "Member" status will change to say "Inactive Once," when a user becomes inactive again, their status will change to say "Inactive Twice" and so on. When a user breaks a rule other than the inactivity rule (rule one), they will get a strike put next to their name (x). When a user gains a total of three inactivities, three strikes, or a combination of the two, they will be permanently banned. Here are some examples:

Joe [x-x-x] - Member - GMT 0 - Eggs BANNED
Joe - Inactive Three Times - GMT 0 - Eggs BANNED
Joe [x-x] - Inactive Once - GMT 0 - Eggs BANNED
Joe [x] - Inactive Twice - GMT 0 - Eggs BANNED

Get it? Good.

GPXFanClubSectionJoiningInformat-1.png

In order to join the club, fill out the following application:

Username:
GPX Plus Username:
GPX Plus Party Link:
What is your time zone?:
How long have you been on GPX Plus?:
Are you active on GPX Plus?:
How many total interactions have you done?:​

And that is it! I, or one of the Co-Owners, will look over your application and approve it or not. If you have any questions, just ask. Please remember: it does not matter how long you have been on GPX, it is just useful information for us to know. What does matter is whether you are active or not! That's all!
GPXFanClubSectionMemberList-1.png

I suppose we should wipe the slate clean.

Buraddo_Aipom - Owner - GMT ??? - Eggs
suicune lover - Co Owner - GMT 0 - Eggs
trixie08 - Co Owner - GMT -6 - Eggs
None :]

GPXFanClubSectionImportantNews-1.png

October whatever:
Just put something about the new club reset, BA is new owner, new egg abandoning rule. :]

None :]

GPXFanClubSectionHelpSection-1.png

Want to know how to make clicking a whole lot easier? Well, here you go:
First, you will need: Mozilla Firefox, Snap Links (Mozilla Firefox Add-on), and Tab Kit (Mozilla Firefox Add-on, OPTIONAL). Download Snap Links. Download Tab Kit. I personally like having Tab Kit because it allows me to organize all of the tabs that I have to open. It also makes it easier to close all of the tabs at once, and lock tabs that I don't want to close. Once you have the add-ons downloaded, go to GPX Plus. Snap links will allow you to drag your mouse over multiple links to open them all at once (see Preferences of Snap Links in order to open all new links in tabs), so drag your mouse over either a group of online users or a group of your friends. All of their parties will open up in the tabs. From here, I usually go through each user's party, open all of their egg's links, and close the tabs that have the user's party and journal on them. Then, just zip down the Pokemon and eggs and quickly warm them up or feed them. Using this technique I easily get twenty users done REALLY fast.

Guide to Feeding Berries:
When feeding a Pokemon, it is always best to give it the berry it will like the most. In order to find out what berry they will like, scroll down and look at their nature. Right next to the nature, it will say something along the lines of "likes sweet food" or even "happily eats anything." To feed them the right type of food, follow this chart:
Aspear Berry: Sour
Cheri Berry: Spicy
Chesto Berry: Dry
Pecha Berry: Sweet
Rawst Berry: Bitter

How to Get Legendary Pokemon:
Legendary Pokemon are often handed out during events (see below for a list of upcoming events). In order to get these event eggs, it is advised that you only keep five Pokemon in your party during events. Also, you can find a treasure chest that contains a summoning item. Once you use that summoning item, a legendary egg will appear in the lab after exactly five minutes. Anyone can snatch the egg though, so you have to be fast.

How to Find Items:
Items can be found by scanning through pages on the GPX website, either by clicking on eggs, buying items, managing your PC, etc. Once you find an item, it will automatically appear in your inventory. Buying an Item Finder in the store will help you find items more often.

BA, put something about the new egg hatching time limit, OK?

Want to know what Pokemon your egg will hatch into? Just ask!

GPXFanClubSectionEventInformatio-1.png

None so far I guess :] Next one is due some time in October.

GPXFanClubSectionDiscussionTopic-1.png

1. What is your favorite GPX egg or Pokemon that you currently have? Why?
2. What event Pokemon or eggs do you currently have?
3. What items do you own on GPX?
4. Do you spend forever clicking other people's eggs to get click-backs? What if they never click-back?
5. What starter/legendary Pokemon do you have?
6. What Pokemon are you currently breeding?
7. What Novelty Pokemon do you have currently? And which ones are you wanting the most?
8. Pick one of your Pokemon (and half-siblings) and trace its (their) lineage back as far as you can. Who are its (their) Parents? Grandparents? Great-Grandparents perhaps? Perhaps even farther back?
9. What armies are you currently trying to raise?
10. What is the best egg you ever found in the shelter? In the lab?
11. What GPX Plus Groups are you in (if you are active on GTS Plus)?
12. What do you think about trading in GPX Plus? Should it be added?
13. If you could add/change/remove one thing from GPX plus what would it be?
14. What is your daily routine for GPX+?
15. How many Pokemon (NOT EGGS) do you usually keep in your party?
16. What shiny Pokemon do you have? And what ones do you want?
17. How often do you click everyone on the first page?
18. Have you ever seen a Pokémon in the shelter? Did you get it? Or did it explode/get claimed?
19. How do you organize your pokemon in boxes?
20. Does anyone have a couple that they leave in the daycare due to having nothing else to breed? And how many children do they have?
21. How many people are in your Pal-Pad? Who are they?​

More will be coming! If you have suggested a topic and it has not been posted here yet, please send me a private message and I will edit it in here.

GPXFanClubSectionArtworkSection-1.png

Userbars:

17fe9w.png

Made by Metamence
Code: [*URL="http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=398697"][*IMG]http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/Flurried/17fe9w.png[/IMG][/URL]

http://i43.*******.com/30dccnk.jpg
Made by suicune lover
Code: [*url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=398697][*IMG]http://i43.*******.com/30dccnk.jpg[/IMG][/url]

GPXUserbar.jpg

Made by mewmaster007
Code:[*URL="http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.phpt=398697"][*IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll180/FU510N_2008/GPXUserbar.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Banners:

GPXplusSIG.png

Made by Flurried Rains [RIP :<]
Code: [*URL="http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=398697"][*IMG]http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/Flurried/GPXplusSIG.png[/IMG][/URL]

EeveeGPXBanner.png

Made by Flurried Rains
Code: [*URL="http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=398697"][*IMG]http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/Flurried/EeveeGPXBanner.png[/IMG][/URL]

GPXClubBanner.png

Made by Umbreon-dana
Code:[*IMG]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff68/KumosShadow/GPXClubBanner.png[/IMG]

Other:

2cem54yjpg.png
29wmr2s.png
2zovhxc.png
jfxc8h.png

First two are by Suicune lover, next two are by Metamence, last one is by Sapphire Phoenix.

GPXFanClubSectionInactiveMembers.png

NONE! Lets keep it this way :]

All artwork on this post NOT in the artwork section is all made by Flurried Rains. I do not claim this art as my own and full credit goes to Fluffried. Credit to Suicune Lover for taking all the codes from the original post. Credit to Fluffried for making such a wonderful club :<

Last edited:

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Name you want to go by: Sl
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number): Oh thats hard. uhh....Absol 359
Reason why: it is awesome. And it is said to ve unlucky, like the number 13, and that's my lucky number :3 it can sence disasters and can use Razor Wind, what more do you want? and shiny form is AMAZINg too.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: If it counts, jirachi Wish maker. Very brief appearence, but awesome non the less. The Absolute disaster wasn't bad either.

Welcome to the club! You'll be put on the member list in a minute. Yay, I'm not on the bottom of the list anymore!

Chatot can learn sing? I always assumed its main attack was Chatter. But I guess that's just its signature move.

Out of all the standalone Pokemon, who do you think would win a fight between all of them?
Normally I'd say Aerodactyl, but Lapras can take it out with Ice Beam or Surf. And Carnivine can take out Lapras, and Torkoal can take out Carnivine, and any other Water type can take out Torkoal, so it keeps on going in a circle. But I thinkAerodactyl is strongest, with its good speed and attack.

And guys, don't be afraid to make your own topics! This club is to have fun, feel free to do what you want.

I'm terrible at coming up with topics D:

Probably Aerodactyl. With it's speed and attack, it could use Rock Slide before Lapras could attack, and thus, KO'ing it (more than likely it will)... Of course, if it misses, Aerodactyl's in trouble. The only Pokemon I think Aero would have trouble against would be Skarmory because of its Steel-type. Yeah...

Ditto or Kecleon, as they can transfrm into any type, so they would just take the type a move is weak to. Say Torkoal hit ot, it would transfrom into a water type, and so on. I mean in the wild, not in game D:

Another topic....
Were there any pokmeon that WERE standalone, but got an evolution that you think shouldn't have got it?
Yes......Yamna, Mantine, Sudowudo :x they were all FINE

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Were there any pokmeon that WERE standalone, but got an evolution or pre-evolution that you think shouldn't have got it?
Let's take a lookie....
Lickitongue
Nosepass
Mantine
Aipom
Chansey (the thing is annoying enough in-game)
Wobbuffet (I like Wynaut, but it seems pointless)
And I plan on adding more when I can think of them.

And I added the pre-evolution part because not all of these Pokemon evolve (like Mantine).

Rotom. With the new formes it got in Plat, it can beat anything.

Were there any pokmeon that WERE standalone, but got an evolution or pre-evolution that you think shouldn't have got it?
The only four I dont like that got evolutions or pre-evos are:
-Lickytongue
-Nosepass
-Aipom
-and yanma

Farmermon

Is back once again!
Hey I was wondering if i could join!
Name you want to go by: Farmer, Farmermon, or FM will do :D
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number): Qwilfish ;211; (all of them are but i go with qwilfish since its one of the easily forgotten pokemon)
Reason why: It looks awesome!
I don't watch the anime or read the manga... so I can't tell ya about that

Last edited: