• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Star Wars Thread

Poll Question #1: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mister_SGG

In b4 Ahsoka tano miraculously reappears after so many years!

A menacing villain? How about an evil version of Jar Jar binks?

The only thing menacing about an evil Jar Jar would be the fan backlash

Also seeing Ahsoka in the new trilogy is very possible, though she'd be rather old (nothing new for Star Wars of course)

In b4 Ahsoka tano miraculously reappears after so many years!

A menacing villain? How about an evil version of Jar Jar binks?

I could see Andy Serkis providing the motion capture necessary to make a crony character with the same kind of vocals as Jar Jar, but as for Jar Jar, i'm under the assumption that his story is finished. Although i wouldn't mind seeing him make a cameo appearance in carbonite..

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
The only thing menacing about an evil Jar Jar would be the fan backlash

Also seeing Ahsoka in the new trilogy is very possible, though she'd be rather old (nothing new for Star Wars of course)
Yeah, perhaps a Yoda-esque old wizened character. But then again, the whole order 66, all the Jedi are dead, thing, kind of gets in the way of that line of reasoning.

On a side note, was there ever confirmation that the Star Wars: Force Unleashed games were regarded as canon?

Mister_SGG

Yeah, perhaps a Yoda-esque old wizened character. But then again, the whole order 66, all the Jedi are dead, thing, kind of gets in the way of that line of reasoning.

Loads of Jedi survived, at least in the EU. But even if that stuff isn't canon a Jedi surviving the Fall isn't a huge stretch.

On a side note, was there ever confirmation that the Star Wars: Force Unleashed games were regarded as canon?

They are not canon.

They are not canon.
Thank god. I just found practically every character that was introduced in that game to be bland and uninteresting. I mean, i never expected any of them to make any appearances in the new films anyway, but i just disliked that story arc, mainly because i couldn't see Darth Vader as someone who would break the rule of two. Seemed blatantly uncharacteristic seeing as how Darth Vader followed Sidious' orders to the teeth up until Episode VI when he fulfilled the prophecy of the Chosen One. (And to a lesser extent disobeyed Palpatine's orders to stay on the command ship.)

Mister_SGG

Thank god. I just found practically every character that was introduced in that game to be bland and uninteresting. I mean, i never expected any of them to make any appearances in the new films anyway, but i just disliked that story arc, mainly because i couldn't see Darth Vader as someone who would break the rule of two. Seemed blatantly uncharacteristic seeing as how Darth Vader followed Sidious' orders to the teeth up until Episode VI when he fulfilled the prophecy of the Chosen One. (And to a lesser extent disobeyed Palpatine's orders to stay on the command ship.)

Vader followed orders, but that's only because he knew after his transformation he was no match for Palpatine. If you read some of the canon novels (The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader was best at this) you get to see how much Vader hates the Emperor and wanted an apprentice in order to overthrow him.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Loads of Jedi survived, at least in the EU. But even if that stuff isn't canon a Jedi surviving the Fall isn't a huge stretch.

I really want to believe there are some Jedi that survived the purge, but at this time I'm not sure.

Now what I'm wondering is, if Obi-Wan were to appear in say Ep VIII or IX, were they going to pull an "Anakin" on him and bring Ewan McGregor into the mix? I mean what was the storywise explanation for Sebastian Shaw's Anakin force ghost to revert to Hayden Christensen's Anakin force ghost?

Mister_SGG

I really want to believe there are some Jedi that survived the purge, but at this time I'm not sure.

Now what I'm wondering is, if Obi-Wan were to appear in say Ep VIII or IX, were they going to pull an "Anakin" on him and bring Ewan McGregor into the mix? I mean what was the storywise explanation for Sebastian Shaw's Anakin force ghost to revert to Hayden Christensen's Anakin force ghost?

I know Christensen was edited into VI for continuity. I thought Ewan McGregor was a fantastic Obi-Wan so for him to appear as a Force Ghost in the new trilogy would be great

May the 4th be with you all. Always.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Yeah, I knew that in the EU some survived, there was even a series called Last of the Jedi that revolved around that very topic. But even if some canon Jedi survived, didn't we see on-screen the deaths of many (if not all) the major Jedi?
I mean, Mace[dead], Yoda[dead], Obi-Wan[dead], Plo Koon[dead], Aala Secura[dead], Kit Fisto[dead]. Technically, we didn't see Shaak Ti's death, but it's in the deleted scenes so I would consider that canon. But either way, all the recognizable Jedi are confirmed to be dead. So I'm thinking that Ahsoka may be the best candidate for a recognizable Jedi cameo.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I know 30 years after Return of the Jedi is a long time but so long as Rogue squadron gets a mention or two, I will be happy.

I know 30 years after Return of the Jedi is a long time but so long as Rogue squadron gets a mention or two, I will be happy.
Would be awesome if they brought Rogue Squadron back. Or at least Wedge Antilles.

Silvijo

Maybe the movie should take part at the Dark Times timeline. There are so many plot holes we want to have revealed between the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Technically, we didn't see Shaak Ti's death, but it's in the deleted scenes so I would consider that canon.
I believe that Shaak Ti's canon death is the one in The Force Unleashed which is that she jumped into the sarlacc pit on Felucia after dueling Starkiller, Darth Vader's secret apprentice. The two deleted scenes from Ep III were officially labelled as non-canon in one of the Star Wars Insider issues. Just wanted to clear that up.

Mister_SGG

Maybe the movie should take part at the Dark Times timeline. There are so many plot holes we want to have revealed between the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War.

That won't happen because the original cast has been signed on so obviously they can't go before Episode IV. Not to mention there is the Rebels cartoon to fill those in, and they already said it would take place after VI.

I believe that Shaak Ti's canon death is the one in The Force Unleashed which is that she jumped into the sarlacc pit on Felucia after dueling Starkiller, Darth Vader's secret apprentice. The two deleted scenes from Ep III were officially labelled as non-canon in one of the Star Wars Insider issues. Just wanted to clear that up.

The Force Unleashed series is non-canon, so that couldn't be what happened.

Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Is it just the post ROTJ EU that's no longer canon or is it all of it?