1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Star Wars Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by KantoPkmnMaster, Apr 29, 2014.

?

Poll Question #1: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Poll closed May 15, 2014.
  1. The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Attack of the Clones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. A New Hope

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  6. Return of the Jedi

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Silvijo

Silvijo Well-Known Member

This still worries me alot. After all, the books or even the games(Jedi Knight series) made up really interesting content.
    Would be a shame if all of that isn't true to the Star Wars timeline anymore.

2. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

They're going to pick some of the really good stuff as canon, but I'd say 90% of the EU is null and void.

3. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

That's the beauty of headcanon and multiverses. It still exists, they're not taking it away. They're just not adding to it anymore because it's too muddled, and the writers need maximum creative flexibility. You just have to think that there are now two Star Wars timelines, and Return of the Jedi is the constant.

4. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

It's all Non Canon. The only canon for sure is the Clone wars animated series, Rebels animated series, the movies, and the upcoming novel tie ins after the disney take over. They refer to the Star Wars EU canon as Legends that cannot be proven but could be true.

5. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Some other rumored subtitles for the film included: "The Old Bad," "The Somewhat-Aged Terror," and "The Long-Standing Spooky."

6. Mister_SGG

I know the chances of it actually being 'the Ancient Evil' are low but god that's an awful title

7. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Actually the rumored title is The Ancient Fear which is also pretty silly, but I don't think I could care less about the title. It could be called "Star Wars Episode VII: The Hitler Sympathizers" and I'd still see it.

8. Mister_SGG

That's true, people did see Attack of the Clones after all

9. Yea, the title really doesn't matter. Though the Clone Wars probably would've been more appropriate. In hindsight though, nothing really could've saved Episode II from Emo Christensen.
    If Disney really wanted to make a title that would entice people to view it to the maximum amount, i think it would be somewhere along the lines of: Episode VII: The death of Jar Jar Binks and the Ewoks. Don't get me wrong, i like both the Ewoks and Jar Jar. They were great marketing tools for kids, and i particularly enjoyed the comic relief, but i do understand that a good deal of people don't find them appealing for one reason or another, whether they are annoying, unnecessary, a marketing tool to children or too cute/silly.

10. Mister_SGG

Maybe its nostalgia or my bias, but I really don't mind the Ewoks, compared to Gungans. The former had some actually funny comic relief

11. Agreed. Probably the funniest ewok scene was either when they worshipped C-3PO as a god or when they crushed the AT-ST with two logs. Plus, the Ewoks also had one of the saddest star wars scenes ever when two of them get blasted by the AT-ST and the one that survives tries to wake up the other and ends up crying over his corpse :( Aside from Jar Jar and the Gungan General, i didn't really feel that attached to the gungans. I really liked the gungan city and its design, but i really disliked Boss Nass. Didn't find him appealing at all (most likely due to his thing he did with his lips/mouth).

12. Silvijo

Am I heartless if I say I rather felt sorry for the Stormtroopers?I mean....they got clubbed by a gang of Ewoks after all.

13. Mister_SGG

Totally their fault for evidently skipping every target practice ever

14. Silvijo

You are right (But their helmets give them limited vision, too!). I still feel sorry for them though.

15. First poll of the thread is up. Vote for your favorite Star Wars movie. Feel free to leave an explanation of your choice.
    My choice: Return of the Jedi. I believe that the Empire Strikes Back is undoubtedly the best Star Wars episode for many reasons. It was the original "dark" episode of the series. It introduced some of the most popular supporting cast that has any movie has ever had (Yoda, Boba Fett, Lando Calrissian). It had some of the most vibrant and visually striking areas of the original trilogy in Bespin, Hoth and Dagobah. And it finally had some of the best fights and notable moments of the franchise. After all i've said, why then wouldn't i pick TESB as my favorite? Well, as a kid, watching the original trilogy with my grandfather who introduced it to me, i grew very fond of the new characters and some aesthetics in the last movie. Jabba the Hutt was an interesting character, and one of which i imitate often for comedic relief. I always liked the green lightsaber as opposed to the Blue Lightsaber, and enjoyed Luke's outfit in the last movie more than any other. The space battle was another favorite of mine as a kid. But perhaps my favorite part of the movie was the final confrontation in what i consider to be one of the best, albeit short lightsaber duels/encounters of the original trilogy between Luke and Vader and the Emperor. Emperor Palpatine was a great character, and also is one of my favorite characters of the franchise, even before the prequel trilogy, mainly due to his use of force lightning, his visage, and his lines in the movie. Basically, i contend that ROTJ is my favorite, yet Empire Strikes Back is without a doubt the best in the series.

16. Mister_SGG

Mine is Empire, which is also my favourite all time movie.

The characters, the music, the atmosphere, the lightsaber duel, the big reveal. It all culminates into a phenomenal film.

17. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

I'm really not sure which one to pick, I loved them all, yes even the prequels. I think I'll have to put down Return of the Jedi though. The final battle between Luke and The Emperor is just too awesome.

18. Mister_SGG

The Emperor and Luke never really fight though

It's Vader and Luke and when Vader loses the Emperor uses his cheap Sith lightning

19. Mister_SGG