1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Star Wars Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by KantoPkmnMaster, Apr 29, 2014.

?

Poll Question #1: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Poll closed May 15, 2014.
  1. The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Attack of the Clones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. A New Hope

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  6. Return of the Jedi

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

He's not all that well known. But looking at his portfolio, he's got some decent stuff behind his name, so I'm rather confidant. I'd still rather have Abrams direct all of the ST, but I know he's busy the next Star Trek, Mission: Impossible 5, whatever TV shows he's currently making in an attempt to mimic the success of Lost, and whatever Valve's got him working on.

2. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

So I just watched the original trilogy for the first time today(I know WAY late lol).

They were actually better then I thought they would be, the second 2 more so then the first. Honestly the main reason I like Star Wars is for the epic light saber fights(yes I know technology limited them in this area), so in that sense, the first film wasn't that great to me. Still, the other aspects of the film were great. I would say my favorite character from the movies was R2D2 because I've always had a soft spot for him ever since I watched the animated clone wars series on Cartoon network. Plus he's so sweet, loyal, and helpful :).

I'm about to start watching the prequel trilogy so I'm excited to see how time has helped them technology wise.

3. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

They may look pretty, but just be sure to brace yourself for extreme disappointment. In fact, you could skip over The Phantom Menace and not miss a thing.

4. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

They don't even really look pretty. The CGI looks horrible 10 years later.

5. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Hmm....I just finished watching episode 1 and I have to say I loved it. I thought it was a great movie :).

6. There are good parts and bad parts to Episode I. It's certainly not as bad as Episode II.

7. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

Let's see...
    Episode I problems:
    awful plot
    terrible writing
    no real main character
    Jar Jar Binks
    Child Anakin
    Ugly *** yoda, CGI or puppet
    Too much CGI
    Best part of the film, Darth Maul, is killed off instead of becoming the trilogy's recurring villain a la Darth Vader

Episode II problems:
    awful plot (they forced the "clone wars" idea just because it was briefly mentioned in A new hope)
    terrible writing
    Hayden christensen isn't much better than the kid
    Disgustingly bad 'love scenes' between Anakin and Padme
    Ugly CGI yoda
    Too much CGI
    Binks is still in the movie for like 5 mins (5 mins too many)
    Jango Fett is killed off (yet another villain with potential, albeit not as much)

Both are awful, with the only positives IMO being Ewan MacGregor as Obi-Wan and Darth Maul

8. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

Just watch RedLetterMedia on Youtube. It will explain everything wrong with the Prequel Trilogy. It's also hilarious.

The Prequel Trilogy should have been written like something along the lines of the pre-KOTOR storyline of Revan.