• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Starter Pokémon Club~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
OMGZ, HI.

xD

Anyway.....

Hi.

I'm pretty sure I just said that, but yeah...

Join me please!

I mean, may I please join, BA, my bestest buddy evar? -bats eyelashes in a non-flirty way if that's possible- [/SUCKUP]

My fave starters are all the Kanto ones, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Mudkip, and all the Sinnohs. So I definitely belong here. :D

What is your favorite starter, for looks only?

I'd have to go with kirapwns up there, and say Quilava! It's awesome... I'm keeping one on my Emerald as is because it's just so cute and I don't wanna evolve it. [/NERD]

:D

P.S. I like smileys, too. :D

Manchee

extra toasty
LR said:
My closing is sometimes "and yeah" :D

For me it would be "and such" :D

@Larry, Infernape's sprite from Platinum does look cool. Your post actually made me go check xP

kirapwns, accepted. Glad you could join in on the SPC!

Blue_Mew22, accepted. I'm excited that you joined. Thanks :) You will have fun here, I just know it. And did you join the SPC forum thingy? Unless there is another Sapphire Rose out there 0.o

BM said:
-bats eyelashes in a non-flirty way if that's possible-

I have long (or so I'm told) eyelashes, and sometimes I blink a lot by habit and people think I'm flirting with them xD

BM said:
So I definitely belong here.

No you dont. Get out. xDD

I think you had the longest post besides the first one BM :)

BM said:
P.S. I like smileys, too. :D

Madness.

I'm off to update first post. Whee~

EDIT: What is your favorite Starter BM? Your name needs a color sprite next to it on the Member List :D

P.S. I think my post beats your's now :p

EDIT2: I changed the whole colors thing to the "traditional" sprites next to people's names.

Last edited:

csisps_26

Roark <3
Hi there! Well, there's no need to say my name, it already there :D I would like to join this club because I love starter Pokemon, including Ash's Pikachu. So, my favourite of all current starters has to be... um... Grotle (Turtwig). I like how it's designed & so on. It's a tough choice, but meh, I still have to choose, so Grotle (Turtwig) it is! :) So, I hope I'm accepted. *shot*

Last edited:

kirapwns

PS3?OverNLNEthousand
kirapwns, accepted. Glad you could join in on the SPC!

Thank you! I promise you wont regret my dedication to the club. ^.^

New topic: Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?
I usually go for element, but looks also count for me. Like I'm usually a water fan, but in Johto, I picked Cyndaquil since its evolutions looked alot better than Totodiles.

Jason-Kun

May I join? I love that starters. Well most of them, I dun really like the Chimchar, Totdile, or Treeko lines much. My favorite starter? Well I have different categories. they are:

Kanto

From Kanto, Squirtle and Charmander are tied for favorites as they're both so cute and both have helped me alot in my (now gone) copy of FireRed.

Johto

Of the Johto starters, I love Cyndaquil. Not only is it cute, but it's also pretty powerful. Just like I like them.

Hoenn

My favorite Hoenn starter is a tie between Torchic and Mudkip. Torchic is pretty powerful, whilst I find Mudkips to be adorable.

Shinnoh?

Piplup. They are both cute and power, just how I like em.

Now for my favorite starters by type.

Water

My favorite water starter is Piplup. It's like having both Squirle and Mudkip in one. It's cute, playful, and all around a good starter.

Grass

Chikorita. Chikoritea are agile and pretty. I love their designs, they just make me want toh hug them.

Fire

Cyndaquil is by far my favorite fire starter. It's cute, fast, and pretty powerful. Don't you just want to hug em?

Overall

Overall I guess you'd have to say my favorite starter and line is a tie between Piplup and Mudkip's line, although I'll admit to Swampert and Empeleon being epic. Oh I can't choose.

Last edited:

Mela

pasbl. newbie
WOW Yay new members XD I just got home so I'll start on the banners.

Is 450x150 ok?

Ok I've finished 4 banners, theyre basically the same but each one has the starters from the 4 generations, I'll be making more so I'm not showing them yet :p

Last edited:

Larry

Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?

I Prefer water just because I like them better...but I also go for looks too. I have never picked a Grass type as my first starter but if I restart the game I will try out the others...

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Yay! I is accepted!

Yes, I am Sapphire Rose on SPC forums. But I probably won't go back because I love Serebii too much. xD

We have way too much in common, it's almost scaring me, BA. I have naturally long eyelashes too, so I don't need mascara or anything. Well, I'm sure you don't need mascara either.... :D

Awww, fine, I'll leave... JK, I'm stayin'! =D

Yesss, I'm so awesome like that! I'm hoping to get a longer post than you now, but I doubt it'll happen.

If I had to choose ONE (and I do, so yeah), then I'd have to go with Squirtle because I had one on the first Pokémon game I ever owned, so Squirtle's are very close to my heart. <3

The colors were confusing. @_@ Yay for a cute little Squirtle sprite! :D

PS. So many smileys!! xD

Ohyus, I forgot to answer questions and such.

For Kanto, my fave starter is either Charmander or Squirtle, it's hard to choose, but I think I like Squirtle a bit more, thus the ultimate fave of Squirtle. xD

For Johto, I don't have any games (hoping to get Gold or Crystal though), but I say that my fave for this is Cyndaquil with Chikorita being a very close second.

For Hoenn, I love either Mudkip or Torchic. Never really liked the grass starters, can ya tell?

For Sinnoh, again, I don't own any games (or a DS, for that matter. >.<), but I like Piplup and Chimchar better than Turtwig. The only reason I don't like Turtwig is 'cause of his evolutions.

I go by element, looks, and how useful/powerful it will be by the end of the game. I go by type because I set up a team with all different types, no repeats. Looks just because I don't want an ugly starter. ^^; And I need a powerful attacker since I never waste my time with defense.

BA: I think my post is longer now. :D

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I just usually pick fire types,I am fire type person.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
I would like to join, I like most off the starters but here are my favs

Empoleon,Swampert,Feraligatr,Infernape,Charizard and Spectile.

if it was type then it qwould be Swampert as it takes out most things with its typing :D.

I mainly already know what starter im, going to get but i think i do it by type AND look but the type off its full evo for me so yer........

Larry

Do you think Monferno and Infernape are just like a remake of Combusken and Blaziken?

Actually not really. I though about for a minute and thinking they are both Fire and Fighting types but other than that I don't really see other similarites...That is about the looks and I don't really know the stats.

Manchee

extra toasty
csisps_26, accepted. Thanks for joining.

Jason-Kun, accepeted. Could you please choose one? I need it for the Member List and you will need it if you want a userbar.

S.Bustathedog, accepted. I will put Mudkip by your name as your favorite Starter, but if you'd like a different one, please tell me. Thanks :)

I'm not really sure. When I play a game for the first time I just pick by which one I like the best. When I start a game over I guess I choose by which one I think would be better in the long run.

I'll add a Squirtle next to your name BM :D And I love Serebii too! You do have the longest post now xD

Just so everyone knows, I'm working on userbars for people's sigs. You wont have to have one in your sig, but it would be nice for advertisement and such. As for the banners by Mela, could you please PM me one of them so I have an idea on what they look like?

Mela

pasbl. newbie

Looks most definetly XD ... however I normally go by its final form, mainly because I'm sure they all have similar based attacks the same ability and stuff so looks all the way ^^

Manchee

extra toasty
Mela said:

Looks most definetly XD ... however I normally go by its final form, mainly because I'm sure they all have similar based attacks the same ability and stuff so looks all the way ^^

xD I sometimes do it like that too :D

And BTW, could you PM me one of the banners? I just want to see what it looks like and have an idea of what the others look like. Thanks :)

I've been making userbars for people to add to their sigs if they want. Mostly for advertisement and stuff. Plus, they look pretty cool and were really popular in the previous clubs.

EDIT: First Generation userbars are finished
EDIT2: Second Generation userbars are finished

Last edited:

Mela

pasbl. newbie
And BTW, could you PM me one of the banners? I just want to see what it looks like and have an idea of what the others look like. Thanks :)

Sure however you might need to wait, I am currently on my sister's computer and the banners are on my computer and for some reason, the computer is stuffing up and it says "NO VIDEO INPUT" so I'm trying to find a cord thats not plugged in .... I'll send them as soon as I fix my computer ^^

May I start a new Topic?

Out of all the regions, which has the best starters all together?

My personal opinion is Kanto.

I think Johto has really cute starters {Chikorita Cyndaquil Totodile} but when they evolve the middle evolutions are kinda weird and the final stage of evolution for Johto was really awesome but coulda been better.

Hoenn was really good, I think that it comes a VERY VERY close second because Blaziken is my favourite starter, but as a whole I kinda lost it through the Treecko line.

Sinnoh ... out of the four I'd say i like the sinnoh starters the least, but I still like them, its just with the Sinnoh starters theres something missing, with the past starters I'd scream and be all wow these are so cool, but I didn't do that with the Sinnoh ones :(

However with the Kanto starters I think that I like them as a whole best, Charizard is my second favourite starter and I think that Squirtle Bulbasaur and Charmander are just total UBER cute XDXD And their evolutions relate well and yeah ^^

WOW Long post O_O

IcyDragon0605

Look over there!
Hi my name is Icydragon0605 (Idrag for short) and I like the treecko line, turtwig line, chikorita line, and Bulbasaur line. My favorite is Treecko. I want to join because I like the starters (duh).

Manchee

extra toasty
IcyDragon0605, accepted. Thanks for joining. And I think myself and most of the other members will just call you ID - it's the same "format" of a nickname that most otehr people have anyway. I'm BA, so everyone can just call me that.

Mela said:
Sure however you might need to wait, I am currently on my sister's computer and the banners are on my computer and for some reason, the computer is stuffing up and it says "NO VIDEO INPUT" so I'm trying to find a cord thats not plugged in .... I'll send them as soon as I fix my computer ^^

That's fine, just send them whenever you can :)

Hoenn. Even though my favorite Starter is from Kanto, I don't really like the Charmander and Squirtle evolution lines. I do like Squirtle and its evolutions, but something just made it uninteresting to me. MEH. As for Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard I just don;t like them much at all because so many other people do :\ I'm not that great when it comes to reasons for liking things.

Johto did have great starters, but like Mela said, the middle ebolutions are a little strange. I'd also say that they're sort of repetitive. The Kanto starters had middle ebolutions that were mostly bigger and had a few "upgrades" form their predecessors - same thing with Johto starters.

Hoenn....gotta love 'em :D

The Sinnoh ones were alright. I'm not a big fan of the Chimchar and Piplup lines. Dunno why. MEH :p Turtwig seems pretty cool and it's similiar to Bulbasaur. I also LOVE Torterra. It is amazing to me.

I started the Hoenn starter userbars, but then I stopped. I think I'll finish them as well as the Sinnoh ones tomorrow. Monday at the lastest because I have no school :D

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Yes I agree with everythinng you say and I do like the Hoenn starters HEAPS but the Kanto starters are ... I dunno but ahh this is so hard to explain but I like Kanto and Hoenn starters XD

csisps_26

Roark <3
Yay, I'm accepted :p!

Hmm... well, normally a combo of both element & looks. Normally fire or grass types, plus the looks, which I don't go for 'cuteness'. Just, when it clicks, I'll like it.

Larry

I think Hoenn just because they have good stats and Swampert is really big in Competitive battling and Sceptile is also really good due to it's speed and it learns Dragon Pulse which is kinda cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.