• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Starter Pokémon Club~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbreon Ruler

Swim for your life.
What's your favourite legendary and why?

First of all, Mew. It's such a classic, isn't it? And so simple.
And Articuno for sure. Always liked that thing. In fact, when I was young and stupid, I used my Master Ball on it and later had to watch in agony as I was forced to defeat Mewtwo. ._. I remember I accidentally ran, but since I was unwilling to end it that easily, I started from my last save (somewhere near the beginning of the cave) so that I could do my duty and battle it. For some reason, I seem to recall that Zapdos and Snorlax were on my team... how do I remember that? :/ Ah, the old days...

That was off topic... whoops. XD

List your shiny woes.

Not counting the Red Gyarados, I've only ever caught two (never put much effort into finding any). A Linoone and a Tentacool. One day I was bored and decided to start over my LeafGreen (where my Tentacool was waiting patiently to be transferred to my "official" game, Sapphire), forgetting the shiny treasures inside. XP It was only weeks later that I realized my mistake.

Sigh.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
List your shiny woes.
Well I've told this story before but I shall do it again ^^
For those who don't understand the radar system you need to raise your radar number to 40 to get a better chance at hunting shinies.

And one day I was going for a Smoochum because that was the swarming Pokemon, I got up to 39 before resetting! Got so mad :mad:

Mela.

Umbreon Ruler

Swim for your life.
I'M MAKING A TOPIC! I'M MAKING A TOPIC!!!

Hm...

If you had to choose any real life place (not just in Japan) for the next region to be based off of, where would it be?

Not starter-related, but better than nothing.

I'd like a place like France, with vineyards, spacious countrysides, and just general beauty all over the place. Of course, there'd have to be at least one less-than-glamorous town to balance it out.

Manchee

extra toasty
If you had to choose any real life place (not just in Japan) for the next region to be based off of, where would it be?

I'm not sure that I can pick a specific place, but I'd long for some sort of "around the world" kind of thing, with different climates, styles, and things like that. I definately love the France idea, or something like that... maybe Venice? I dunno ><;

BA~~

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
UR said:
I'M MAKING A TOPIC! I'M MAKING A TOPIC!!!

*hands cookie*

I like BA's idea. Mix the world's climates up a bit. Make it differ. Like, one place could have a snowstorm and the next area would be desert or something. Or they could do something like Route 119 from Hoenn where it's raining during one part of the day and sunny the next. I dunno. It's a good thing the regions aren't based off of my ideas. xD

~blue

77th, apparently. Dunno how that happened. -shrugs-

Last edited:

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Hrrrmmz .... very awesome topic !!!
I would like ... not a different place but a differnet time, like imagine walking around an uber high tech place ... or maybe an older time I dunno ... my two minutes is up gotta start studyding for a test on Monday !!!

Mela.

Logis.

☼~ERIKA~☼
So I'm Lois. Please call me Lois. (I've outgrown Logis. Sorry.) I adore my shiny Turtwig. :) I think the reasons are obvious. Togepi, Togepi, Togepi... they need to let Togepi be a starter. -___-

Chaos Shadow

To have a region roughly the size that we've already seen, I'd say something tropical. Given that everything except Orre is based on Japanese regions, and Japan is not exactly a tropical paradise, it would be nice.

Personally, I'd be happiest if we could get a large area that pretty much covers the world, like in most traditional RPGs do anyway. If they make a proper console-version Pokemon game, I'd like to see an expansive world like that.

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Lois said:
So I'm Lois. Please call me Lois. (I've outgrown Logis. Sorry.) I adore my shiny Turtwig. :) I think the reasons are obvious. Togepi, Togepi, Togepi... they need to let Togepi be a starter. -___-

So, uh, I'm assuming you want to join this club, though you didn't specifically say. Because the reasons are obvious to you (and thus, not as obvious to any of us), please do elaborate on the reasons you adore your shiny Turtwig. I, personally, would also like to know why you love Togepi so much.

~blue

78th

EDIT: I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be here for a while. I'm going on vacation with my parents to Hawaii for the next week, so I won't be active at all from tomorrow to the 20th. I'm not sure if this affects my Co-Owner status; I really like being one, so hopefully it won't matter. xD So, yeah. Aloha!

Last edited:

Feraligatr Is God

Feraligatr Trainer
Hello, I would like to join your club. My favourite starter pokemon would have to be Feraligatr. The reason why I like Feraligatr is because of its looks. Also I like Feraligatr because its a Crocodile/Alligator pokemon and my favourite animal is the Crocodile.

What's your favorite legendary and why?
My favourite ledgendary would have to be Kyogre. The reason I like Kyogre is because of its ability Drizzle.

Last edited:

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Feraligatr Is God Accepted ;158; Of course you'll need to be accepted by BM and BA as well but it is obvious that you like Feraligatr. Personally i thought I'd hate it when I first saw it but it surprised me and i actually quite like it !!! And quite interesting that you like Kyogre due to its ability.

Ok let's get the starter related topics going.

Whose your favourite professor?
Ok I was running blank and couldn't think of any starter topics but .. you know theyre kinda related.

My favourite is Professor Oak. I think that's a given as you see him the most out of all the proffessors but then again compared to the other professors:
Prof. Elm is a bit of a dweeb in my opinion, probably least favourite.
Prof. Birch is very laid back, I like that, but the shorts and thongs =/
Prof. Rowan honestly scares me, lol not really but he's really serious and yeah.

Mela.

Umbreon Ruler

Swim for your life.
Who's your favourite professor?

I like Professor Elm. ._. He's different than the others and he actually has a wife and children (why wasn't that expanded upon? They could've made an interesting side quest).

Professor Oak is... there. All the time. Truth be told, I could use less Oak.

Professor Birch, to me, is just annoying. Maybe it's my eternal resentment toward Hoenn, but I just don't like him. >:{

Professor Rowan's name bothers me. It's a tree (right?) but it's so obscure. Maple? Cedar? Willow? There's so many better trees. And plus, he's just a mean old man. :/

Manchee

extra toasty
Who's your favorite professor?

I dunno, I don't really have a favorite ^^; I do like Oak, and enjoy that he sort of lives in Sinnoh after the events in Platinum, and I also enjoy the fact that he's the most well-known Professor in the games and such since he was the first one introduced. Elm was kind of cool, mostly since he was younger that the others. He is a very interesting character, and I'm looking forward to his involvement in HG/SS :) Birch is probably my least favorite, mostly because he seems too dependant on you as the character in the game. Muh, Rowan doesn't bother me since he's less annoying and more calm about things.

Just to notify everyone, there's a new banner thing on the first post (the one that tells people to read the rules) in celebration of HG/SS coming out in Japan next month. I also edited stuff on my photobucket account, so I moved all the userbars I made into a folder, which causes the link to be different. Check out the first post to get the new link if you were using any of them ;)

BA~~

Jesster

Spicy Nooblet
Hey there, my name is Jess. :3
my favourite starter evolution line has got to be Charmander... Because he was what I chose in my first ever Pokémon game - Pokémon blue. And because Charizard has never ceased to amae me, nor has he ever let me down. 8D
Ahem, anyways, I'd like to join this club because it's one of the only ones here that really appeals to me... And because I do have a special liking for the super unique, starter beasties. >83

rawr.

Chaos Shadow

Hm, toughie. I actually have to go with Rowan; he strikes me as a bit of a crazy old man, very serious, but I have this odd feeling that he's off his rocker. He was also more involved in the storyline for DPPt than any of the professors were before him, so you got the feeling that he actually did a bit of legwork.

On the flip side, I dunno, Birch always irritated me. Perhaps because you're introduced to him when he gets attacked by a wild Level 2 Poochyena and can't defend himself. >.< Kind of sad.

Feraligatr Is God

Feraligatr Trainer
I would have to say Elm because he is like me tall, skinny and not really that good looking. Also he gives the player Totodile and Totodile evolves into Feraligatr.

The other professors dont bother me. I like them all but Elm is my favourite professor out if them all.

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Jesster, accepted. Welcome to the club! Feraligatr Is God, welcome to you, as well!

Wow, I haven't said that in a while. ._.

Chaos Shadow said:
Perhaps because you're introduced to him when he gets attacked by a wild Level 2 Poochyena and can't defend himself. >.< Kind of sad.

Lol, agreed.

FIG said:
I would have to say Elm because he is like me tall, skinny and not really that good looking.

Hope you don't mind me calling you FIG. xD I quoted this because I don't think you should put yourself down like that. D: Be happy! =D

Who's your favourite professor?

Corrected the grammar of the topic because I'm a freakin' grammar nazi like that. =/

Anyway, my favorite professor is probably Rowan because, like Chaos Shadow said, he was more involved with the storyline. Birch was pathetic in the fact that he couldn't defend himself from a Zigzagoon OR Poochyena. So yeah. Rowan's my favorite, Birch is my least favorite.

~blue

79th

Umbreon Ruler

Swim for your life.
*pokes club* Is it dead? :(

What animals would you want the next generation's starters to be based off of?

I'm not sure if this has already been done or not, but we need a topic. BADLY.

I'd like to see a Water mouse. It could be interesting. Something based off of a dog (probably grass, since we already have Fire-type dogs), since we haven't really had a starter like that. And... uh... a Fire-type kangaroo. :D

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
UR said:
*pokes club* Is it dead? :(

Not anymore!! :D

Already had this topic, but whatever.

I'd like a Fire kangaroo, that would be cool. Grass seal, lol. Maybe a fire worm or something like that. Yes, these are random combinations, in case you couldn't tell. xD

EDIT: Just realized I didn't have any random combo for water. Hm... Maybe a water snake... I'd just like the starters to be any animal that hasn't been done in a starter before.

~blue

80th

Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty

Pretty much anything BM said, since those ideas sound pretty cool. I'd still like to see a Grass/Dragon combo (and yes, by dragon I mean the mythical creature and the type) or an aquatic bird.

BA~~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.