• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The state of Pokemon structurally

What is your favorite console/stadium Pokemon title?

• Pokemon Stadium/2

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Pokemon Colosseum/XD

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • All of them!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of them...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyHallo

Pokemon Ranger
Hello, all! This is my very first thread, but I'm not stranger to forums...I think lol

Recently I've been wondering what the next generation of Pokemon might look like. Above all, though, I believe the next Pokemon games have absolutely no excuse to not be graphically/stylistically impressive!! Up to generation 4, a 3d title would always end up on the latest Nintendo console as a means of making the games even MORE exciting by giving players the ability to play out Pokemon battles in 3d.

What I believe to be the best examples of a console Pokemon title are both the third & fourth generation companions; Pokemon Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution. All three are HEAVILY stylized right down to the scores & they supply what I believe is a true 3d Pokemon experience! Fast forward now to Pokemon on the Nintendo Switch -- is there any excuse for these upcoming titles to not be on the same level graphically as the three aforementioned games?

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, while providing new sprites for existing trainers & being a complete remodel of Kanto, borrowed a lot from Gen 6/7 titles!! Pokemon sprites & even the camera shots/pans within the battles are EXACTLY the same as they were in past 3d titles. Hopefully that won't be the case in the upcoming Switch titles...

What is your favorite Pokemon console title? Let me know!

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I agree.
I don't want Gen 8 to look like it was based off the 3D games; that would be very disappointing for me.
It's kind of difficult to believe that they'll make new models for the Pokes but I would like to see them touched up (and given Stadium/Colosseum etc-level animations for attacks, recoil, fainting etc).

I also hope the Pokemon stand further apart during battle.

There's some reasoning going around that there will be a big graphical jump to Gen 8 because of what GF/TPC (can't remember right now) said regarding the photo-realistic graphics; that LGPE chose to go with the more friendly-looking aesthetic. They also said Gen 8 would have the best graphics of any Pokemon game (even though that should kinda be a given).

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi and welcome, enjoy your stay.

Next time, you might want to sort out what exactly you want to discuss in your thread.

The title reads, "The state of Pokémon structurally", which tells me you want to inquire about the present situation. What situation exactly I don't know, but something to do with what's going on right now, at least.

Then you go on and ask what Gen 8 should look like. Discussion of the future, in other words.

But then there's the final question of your post and a poll that asks what people's favorite games are.

It's all a bit too incoherent and too many unrelated things are getting mashed up.

There's no rule that says a thread has to be about only one specific topic. However, you should make sure that anything you want the thread to cover is strongly connected with each other (not just 'all questions are about Pokémon'), and that it doesn't become so broad that you have 5-10 people discussing different things at the same time. And finally, you want all topics to be related to the subforum the thread was posted in. In this case, the thread was posted in Generation 8 discussion, so everything you ask in here should have something to do with Gen 8. Right now, only one portion of your post is related to the upcoming games.

I'm gonna close this right now because I can't think of a way to fix this - a "What's your favorite game?" thread probably already exists somewhere over in General Pokémon Discussion, there are hundreds of threads here in Gen 8 asking what people want for the upcoming games, and "The state of Pokémon structurally" is, at the moment, too vague for me to understand what you mean and the question does not belong in Gen 8 discussion probably.

However, please don't be discouraged and feel free to try again at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.