1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Surfing_Pikachu, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

3. Dattebayo

Dattebayo Banned

Argh! I can't believe I've wasted my time getting a Steam account to get this game months ago before it became free. Also, the Medic video was epic!

4. Short Wing

Short Wing Home of the Braviary

This is awesome! I'm downloading it now.

5. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

6. Surfing_Pikachu

That was my link in the OP, silly goose. (and yes, the video is awesome.)

7. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

No, yours was at the end. I didn't see the Medic.
    His however, did.

8. I downloaded it. And now I can't find where I downloaded it.

9. I only spent about $7 on the entire Orange Box so I'm not crying like the people who paid ~$30 on it.
    At least now I won't seem as terrible compared the to tons of new people that will start playing it!

Also Meet the Medic made me so happy. As an aspiring doctor, I believe he is an appropriate role model.

10. Surfing_Pikachu

Same video, I just linked it using a trick to skip to the ending, the part where it was revealed to be free. I figured people might have gotten confused otherwise.

11. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

Yes, I enjoyed it.

"Kill me."
    "Later."

XD

12. Chris

Chris Old Coot

It's not a waste, actually.

Free users have limits. They can only hold 50 items, as opposed to 300 (which can be expanded upto 1000). They cannot initiate trades (they can only receive items). They can't give out gifts, either (only receive them). They also only get access to regular weapons. No rares or hats/misc. items.

Those who bought TF2 get a free Proof of Purchase hat.
    Try looking in the big section on Steam that says "LIBRARY."
    They don't even have room to complain. We got over 200 updates for absolutely nothing and Valve's support for the game is continuing roughly 4 years after its release. Most FPS' don't get that kind of support. To top it off, they let the community get involved. There's zero room for complaints as mostly anyone who bought TF2 got their money's worth out of it.

13. Slick

Slick Banned

Still can't find what makes this game so addictive, although I do have fun when playing it. Meh.

14. Night Shadow

Night Shadow BRRAAP BRRAAP

They should have a free download for this game on XBLA and PSN.

15. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Not gonna happen with XBLA. MS wants to charge money for the updates, hence why it's not being updated on the 360. God help you if you even suggest MS offer the game for free. As for the PS3, they'd probably have to redo it with Steamworks, since the PS3 port of The Orange Box was poorly handled by EA.

And besides that... LOL @ FPS' on consoles.

TF2 doesn't work well with consoles. No way to bring up the ability to call out Spies or asking for help. Only thing you can do is call for Medic.

16. Krake

Krake Flabebe's Kids

At least I can have it on my laptop now, even though I have other games that I haven't beaten, much less played. I suppose this can wait.

17. Budew

Budew Banned

What is a steam?

And does this game take up a lot of space?

18. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Steam is Valve's digital distribution software. Think of it as iTunes for PC games. You need to install Steam to download and play TF2.

It takes up about 8 GB.

19. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Good news though...

20. Chris

Chris Old Coot

The game itself *might* be possible, but the DLC would likely still be charged. Remember, micro-transactions would still be applied. And who's to say MS won't go the route of bringing Facebook style games over to "compliment" it's new image with Kinect?