• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

Chris

Old Coot
Yep. No restrictions on who can do it.

Abstinence Pistols

..now I just wish I had something that people would want :p. Wonder if I can sell something for a crappy 10 dollar game, then exchange that for Steam credit and use it to go premium in tf2.
I wish.

It's so true.
By the way, does anyone know if f2p can craft the Anger and the Pip-boy?
In other news, today I unlocked the Huntsman. Useful.

The Huntsman is my favorite sniper primary. The damage range is smaller, but it's easier to hit with if you have a good eye. And the tauntkill is probably the best in the game. STAB-STAB-STAB!

This is what Gaben wants.
Soon real currency will be replaced by hats, and those of us with strange and numerous hats will survivel

It's a good thing I have real world hats. I would probably just use them to buy TF2 hats, though.

Chris

Old Coot
Funny thing is, my actual fedora cost me less than getting a Fancy Fedora.

I imagine this is just something fans have been asking for and wanted to get around without having to pointlessly add people as friends just to exchange things and possibly risk getting ripped off by someone promising a game and not delivering.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Does it seem to anyone else that the Medic achievements are the hardest to obtain of the bunch? :p

That, and Demoman, Heavy, and Scout. lol

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Funny thing is, my actual fedora cost me less than getting a Fancy Fedora.

I imagine this is just something fans have been asking for and wanted to get around without having to pointlessly add people as friends just to exchange things and possibly risk getting ripped off by someone promising a game and not delivering.

What? It's the other way around. You don't have to add someone as a friend to trade TF2 items. But you do when you're using tge Steam trading beta.

Chris

Old Coot
What? It's the other way around. You don't have to add someone as a friend to trade TF2 items. But you do when you're using tge Steam trading beta.
I was referring to the part about gifting games, which you need to have someone on your friends list to do if you don't go the e-mail route.

Abstinence Pistols

What's thr better item - the Southern Hospitality or the Jag? I'd say Jag, but it'll be useless if I get to a point where I'm fending off a spy and I don't have revenge crits.

Jerre

Gogoat!
What's thr better item - the Southern Hospitality or the Jag? I'd say Jag, but it'll be useless if I get to a point where I'm fending off a spy and I don't have revenge crits.

Southern Hospitality causes bleeding for 5 secs and can reveal cloaked Spies. But you are more dangerous against Pyros because of the weapons 20% Fire vulnerability. And it does not give you random crits. The Jag has 25% less damage than the default wrench and is not meaned for fighting. Only the Jag is needed to speed op buildings, especially if you moved them to another location by right-clicking on them.

Also "The Original" is now Tradable, Giftable and foundable via Item Drop System.

Anyone realise that the Item Drop System is kinda broke since the double drop week/Über Update. Now it's like you get 3/4 items in a week. The same happens if you don't idle...

Chris

Old Coot
Jag is superior to Southern Hospitality. Yeah, the bleed out is great for revealing Spies, but being able to build your crap faster is a much better option when being a team player. I generally go Shotgun > Pistol > Jag as my Engineer equipment.

If I'm being an offense Engie, I'll switch the Shotgun with Frontier Justice, since I know I'll get a few kills in with a quickly built Sentry.

Jag is superior to Southern Hospitality. Yeah, the bleed out is great for revealing Spies, but being able to build your crap faster is a much better option when being a team player. I generally go Shotgun > Pistol > Jag as my Engineer equipment.

If I'm being an offense Engie, I'll switch the Shotgun with Frontier Justice, since I know I'll get a few kills in with a quickly built Sentry.

Shotgun + Pistol + Jag is definitely the superior setup for defense. For offense, I far prefer FJ + Pistol + Gunslinger. I shouldn't pass judgment on other setups since I suck at everything in this game, but there you are.

My current Sniper loadout is Sydney Sleeper + Jarate + Shahanshah. Somehow this feels reasonable.

Chris

Old Coot
My current Sniper loadout is Sydney Sleeper + Jarate + Shahanshah. Somehow this feels reasonable.
Rifle > Jarate > Bushwacka will always be my main setup for Sniper. If I'm in the mood for joining in on the front lines, I'll swap the rifle for the Huntsman. I value pegging people with head shots and always save my Jarate for necessary moments.