• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

On the other hand, I cannot headshot worth ****, so using the piss rifle is still good and is almost a straight upgrade. Really, not needing to aim for the head so much helps me out a lot.

Jarate is usually something I use more in KOTH or CP than anywhere else, tossing the jar at a large group of enemies parked on the point. This helps the rest of the team clean up while I hang back and peg things.

Shahanshah was chosen as my last resort weapon, because of its damage buff at lower health. It's not always useful, but I seem to get decent mileage out of it.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#csgo

A few people have been tweeting that they tested a new CS game, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive yesterday, and that it will be revealed later today.

http://www.sett.fi/?q=uutinen/valve-tekemässä-uutta-counter-strikea

Crappy Google translation:
SETT.fi the information received with the Valve will announce the next day in a new Counter-Strike. The new game will carry the name of the Global Counter-Strike Offensive, abbreviated CSGO. A new game for a number of Counter-Strike: Source players flown to Valve's headquarters in Seattle to give feedback on CSGO coming from. The game will be developed directly kilpailulliseksi game.

Powered by the new game CSGO in the work of Counter-Strike: Source thinking Orangebox familiar, but all the game's textures, and the players' skins "is a re-done. Also in Counter-Strike to the familiar maps have been an entirely new layout.

The game also has weapons completely changed. Generally, only the early rounds, used machine guns have become useful kapistuksiksi, and "riflet" become good all-around weapons. New grenades, the game can hold two copies, while in the winter of war familiar to molotov cocktails as well as decoy-grenade will see the light of day.

Slick

Banned
Didn't you already own New Vegas? Go into TF2 and see if it drops.
I haven't played Team Fortress 2 for a while, so I didn't know if it was random, a sure drop or if I had to craft it.

Psychout

Is this the TF2 thread or the Steam/Valve thread?

Has anyone heard of this new game, Chantelise? I heard it was pretty good and some of my friends bought it. It looks a bit like Tales of Symphonia with the battles sorta I guess.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Valve just officially announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and London Games Festival.

Chris

Old Coot
Has anyone heard of this new game, Chantelise? I heard it was pretty good and some of my friends bought it. It looks a bit like Tales of Symphonia with the battles sorta I guess.
I brought this game up prior to its release. It looks rather fun. Friend of mine recently gifted it to me, but I've been so busy from work lately, that I haven't found any time to play it.

Slick

Banned
^It's the Valve thread, technically, but it centers around tf2.
No, it's not meant to center around Team Fortress 2. It's just that everyone and their casual gaming mothers are now playing the game because it's Free2Play. I, on several occasions, have tried to talk about other Steam games but I am either ignored or replied to by one person and then the conversation automatically returns to Team Fortress 2. Have some variety people.

Really, what we should be doing is have Chris edit the title of the thread so it includes the latest news. The current title should be something along the lines of: "The Steam/Valve Thread: Counter-Strike Global Offensive announced".

So is it just me, or is the Spy becoming one of the more popular classes? I swear, out of the four or five games I was in last night, at least a third or more of the opposing team was comprised of Spies, and they were complaining that our one Spy was too much. :u Maybe I just got on my usual server at a bad time, but dayum.

Abstinence Pistols

^I think it's just because newbies see people like me who are insane with classes like Sniper, Engineer, and Spy (AKA ones that take strategy), so they only play that class. Then they suck because they have no idea how to use it.
I made a Sydney Sleeper the other day. Useful gun. Sniper just got a lot more fun.

Fenix

Tremulant
So is it just me, or is the Spy becoming one of the more popular classes? I swear, out of the four or five games I was in last night, at least a third or more of the opposing team was comprised of Spies, and they were complaining that our one Spy was too much. :u Maybe I just got on my usual server at a bad time, but dayum.

Yeah most random servers I play in have so many Spies it's not even funny. And sometimes Snipers as well. Most of them are bad which makes things kind of not really fun.

Anyway, is anyone else going to watch the Gamescom DotA 2 broadcasts? I thought of making a thread for it, but since the last dozen DotA related threads here at sppf died under a week I thought I'd ask here, first. DotA 2 is a Valve game after all.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to watching as many live games as I can, kind of sucks that I'll miss most of them 'cause I'll be at work. A million dollar prize and some of the best DotA teams in the world will sure make this event exciting.

Link