• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Even without the extra weapons and other stuff, its an incredibly great and hilarious game to get for free, even though I've had it for quite some time now. Of course now, it seems like they're trying to get their money from the in-game store. The hats are funny and are worth a chuckle, but they're nothing I would ever pay real money for.

Chris

Old Coot
Pretty much everything, save for keys and the Mann Co. hat, can be obtained within the game without making a purchase. Valve has pretty much said they'll now only make money off the game via the in-game store.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
meanwhileatvalve.jpg

It's funny how everyone's accusing Valve of being moneygrubbing bastards for making the damn game free.

Cobalt_Latios

Still can't find what makes this game so addictive, although I do have fun when playing it. Meh.
Ever considered that's why it's so addictive? Because it's actually "fun"? God forbid.

meanwhileatvalve.jpg

It's funny how everyone's accusing Valve of being moneygrubbing bastards for making the damn game free.
I no rite?

Seriously though, I bought it when it was $10, and yet, I don't regret it one bit!

One little extra bit of information you may want to consider though: Free vs. Premium

Those who've already bought it already have a Premium account :D.

/CL

Slick

Banned
Ever considered that's why it's so addictive? Because it's actually "fun"? God forbid.
It's fun in spurts, but not enough for me to consistently go back to. Plus, I don't have any people to play with on a regular basis, since most people I know who play it are in America, meaning awful lag for either them or me.

That's just my opinion, no need to be an arsehole.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I've been inconsistently playing TF2 for over 3 years now, having been a convert to the Orange box back in 2008. Hearing about this announcement made me apprehensive at first, thinking of how many new players there would potentially be who wouldn't know how to play. However, I'm not that good so now I can pretend to be a noob. :p

Seriously though, I think it's a really cool decision. Valve knows they have enormous amounts of money, and instead of sitting on their mounds of cash and laughing they're giving something back.

Cobalt_Latios

It's fun in spurts, but not enough for me to consistently go back to. Plus, I don't have any people to play with on a regular basis, since most people I know who play it are in America, meaning awful lag for either them or me.

That's just my opinion, no need to be an arsehole.
Alright then, fair enough.

/CL

Jerre

Gogoat!
I bought the Orange Box in mid-2008. So i have that 'Proof of Purchase' hat. Still got nothing of those new weapons except for the Tomislav. Neither played that new Payload map.

Chris

Old Coot
So did I.

FOR XBAWKS. I R SO SMRT.
I did the same thing in 2007. Then I saw the Scout update on PC and the game being sold for $10. Bought it on Steam, sold my copy of The Orange Box for the 360, bought Portal and Half-Life 2 Episode 2 later (Latios had gifted me his extra copies of HL2 and HL2E1 prior to all this).

Never looked back on the god awful mess that is the console ports.

By the way, I'll allow the posting of TF2 vids. Especially to help those trying to get those Replay Achievements. Have some examples of my recordings over the past couple of years:

Spy/Sniper Shenanigans
Soldier Replay Test
Bringing a Bottle to a Gun Fight
More Spy Shenanigans
Some Scraps
Spycraft

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I did the same thing in 2007. Then I saw the Scout update on PC and the game being sold for $10. Bought it on Steam, sold my copy of The Orange Box for the 360, bought Portal and Half-Life 2 Episode 2 later (Latios had gifted me his extra copies of HL2 and HL2E1 prior to all this).

To be honest my computer would NOT have been able to run TF2 until I got my new laptop last September.

Chris

Old Coot
Need help convincing someone to play Team Fortress 2? Be sure to show them this.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
I'm having an issue with servers. I can't seem to join one, it always says the valve server is full, and when I go searching for servers none appear. Anyone help?