• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

Slick

Banned
Any reason as to why I can download Half-Life: Source and Half-Life Deathmatch: Source for free on my Steam account? They didn't come in the Half-Life Complete pack that I bought and I can't find any information about them. I started downloading HL: Source and it was already at 78% as well...

I'm not complaining, just very curious.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
1. Does it require anything other than 1 reclaimed metal and 1 Black Box?
2. Can free players craft it?
1. Nope.
2. Yup.
Any reason as to why I can download Half-Life: Source and Half-Life Deathmatch: Source for free on my Steam account? They didn't come in the Half-Life Complete pack that I bought and I can't find any information about them. I started downloading HL: Source and it was already at 78% as well...

I'm not complaining, just very curious.

You should download HL1 instead. Source is pretty bad, from what I've heard. Plus you don't get the original HL1 mod support.

Jerre

Gogoat!
Still don't have the new Solly laser weapons. But i have a spare Battalion's Backup to craft the Righteous Bison. But i already got a spare Black Box and crafted it into the Liberty Launcher from the Item Drop a few days before the Cow Mangler and the Righteous Bison came, even before the Grockets were implemented.

I've heard that the Cow Mangler STILL lags the **** out of some servers.

Also: anyone here collect vintage items, just out of curiosity? I have 20+ vintage weapons I want to pawn off, hopefully for metal...

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Just started on TF2 and I love capture the flag. And by the way, how hard is it to get the achievement "No Hitter?" That's the one for stealing intelligence and delivering it without using your weapon. I managed to pull it off on my first capture XD and it's my first non-crap achievement for the game.

Fenix

Tremulant
Just started on TF2 and I love capture the flag. And by the way, how hard is it to get the achievement "No Hitter?" That's the one for stealing intelligence and delivering it without using your weapon. I managed to pull it off on my first capture XD and it's my first non-crap achievement for the game.
That's a rather easy achievement as it is common that as Scout you get to run from their intel to your base without encountering anyone. I got it pretty fast too, and without knowing such an achievement existed.

Chris

Old Coot
If anyone wants some help getting some achievements, feel free to let me know so I can add you in case you've not made any Steam purchases. If you're not a free Steam user, feel free to add me.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
That's a rather easy achievement as it is common that as Scout you get to run from their intel to your base without encountering anyone. I got it pretty fast too, and without knowing such an achievement existed.

Yeah, I figured. I got it on Turbine and ran through without seeing anybody at all for some reason.

Does anybody know a good configuration for my laptop? The default controls are awkward with the touchpad.

Surfing_Pikachu

Does anybody know a good configuration for my laptop? The default controls are awkward with the touchpad.
By all means, get a mouse. I'd recommend Logitech as a good brand.

Personal opinion: Change the WASD controls to the arrow keys. Also, ALWAYS use the Quick Switch function! It's saved me a lot of time overall.

Also, crafted a Cow Mangler. This thing is pretty cool. Still causes a bit of lag, I think.

Fenix

Tremulant
Personal opinion: Change the WASD controls to the arrow keys. Also, ALWAYS use the Quick Switch function! It's saved me a lot of time overall.

Also, crafted a Cow Mangler. This thing is pretty cool. Still causes a bit of lag, I think.
I think most people that prefer the arrow keys are those that also play on consoles frequently. I find it completely weird to not use WASD. Completely agreed on Quick Switch. The sooner you start getting used to it, the less you'll die because you had the wrong weapon/switching took too long.

Also I have tried the Cow Mangler a bit and I absolutely and completely suck at it. Almost feel sorry for turning my Black Box into it. I don't know why, I just don't feel comfortable with it.

And duuuuuuude, Wurmcoil Engine. Hate that thing. For 6CMC you get something that bites the opponent in the *** 3 times. Ouch :(.

EDIT: lol I like how I just finished typing and Wurmcoil engine is gone x).

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Yeah, I'm a lot more comfortable using WASD for moving. Can't imagine using the arrow keys when I've got everything else on default (quickswitch as Q, crouch as CTRL, etc).

You can also go into advanced options and find some other useful settings, like allowing you to lock onto a target with the Medigun instead of holding down Mouse 1.

I think most people that prefer the arrow keys are those that also play on consoles frequently. I find it completely weird to not use WASD. Completely agreed on Quick Switch. The sooner you start getting used to it, the less you'll die because you had the wrong weapon/switching took too long.

Given. I play shitloads of console games. (also somehow having the WASD when Q changes your weapon... seems like kind of a bad deal for me, but I'm also STILL getting used to my current computer's keyboard and am used to controlling movement with the arrow keys a lot of other things, mostly older games, I think).

Also I have tried the Cow Mangler a bit and I absolutely and completely suck at it. Almost feel sorry for turning my Black Box into it. I don't know why, I just don't feel comfortable with it.

So far, it's fun, but beyond that, kind of tricky. I never liked the Black Box much, though; that -1 clip has ****ed me more times than I care to mention.

And duuuuuuude, Wurmcoil Engine. Hate that thing. For 6CMC you get something that bites the opponent in the *** 3 times. Ouch :(.

EDIT: lol I like how I just finished typing and Wurmcoil engine is gone x).

It is, really, even a little worse than the Titans because, once you kill it, it SPLITS IN HALF. It is also ridiculously cost-efficient for an artifact creature even if it had no abilities and works with Affinity.

Wizards' employees need to lay off the hooch.

e: it was Caged Sun when I saw this post.