• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Steel Sector, A Monotype Type

Skarm™

Light It Up
I'm relatively new to Monotype, so don't be surprised if I miss some key factors or whatnot. I decided to make a Mono-Steel team, as Steel has great resistances and some pretty fearsome sweepers. Here it is:

598.gif

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spd / 0 Spe IVs
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn, a great Pokemon. It can set up Spikes and Stealth Rock and then proceed to tank hits or hit opposing Pokemon with it's two STABs. It's basically the Standard Ferrothorn set.

649.gif

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Ah yes, the infamous Genesect. Or should I say, Gigasect. With a Choice Scarf, it is able to bypass enemies and proceed to take them down with one of it's amazing coverage moves, or come back with U-Turn. Naive nature is so U-Turn won't do any less damage.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Many people say that this Jirachi set is one of the worst sets ever made for it. But if you look deeper and actually test it out, it grows on you, like it did on me. This set covers almost all the common threats, plus you can spam Iron Head on those opposing Pokemon that would otherwise KO your other Pokemon.

485.gif

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 44 SDef / 220 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Torment
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Tormentran hasn't been used in a while, but I love it. In the first battle I used this team, Heatran KO'ed half the opponent's team with this this set. It's amazing. Use Torment to stop the opponent from using a move that can cover Heatran, then proceed to stall it with Toxic if it doesn't switch out. Even if it does, I can just Toxic the next Pokemon and stall them out.

448.gif

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

Lucario, the ever-present. It can set up a Swords Dance and proceed to sweep like a boss. Ice punch is for those annoying Dragon teams, and after a Swords Dance, Lucario can OHKO a Multiscale Dragonite with Ice Punch, so it's cool.

227.gif

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory gets the job done. It can set up Spikes and proceed to Whirlwind away and attack Bravely at opponents (get it, Bravely?). In addition, I can easily Roost off damage and Sturdy let's me stay in for a longer period of time.

So this is my Mono-Steel team! Please don't be too harsh, since this is my very first Monotype team. Here's an exportable version if you wish to test it out:

HTML:
Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 44 SDef / 220 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Torment
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
It is pretty decent. Trick could be used on rachi if you don't like any of its moves. RP Genesect is decent after a SpAtt boost

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
My primary team is a MonoSteel, and I can tell you from experience, if Ferrothorn goes down (and he will, being your lead) Rain teams will give you hell. I fixed this by giving my Skarmory Sandstorm to cancel rain, but you don't seem to have room for it. However, you also have Genesect, who should help with most Rain teams.

Seeing as you're running an offensive Jirachi, I'd either change Heatran to a more defensive set, or change Jirachi to a special wall/support set and change Heatran to a more offensive set. Steel's generally not good at sponging special attacks, but Jirachi can take random Focus Blasts and Earth Powers aimed at your other team members.

If you decide to go defensive Heatran, speed probably won't be an issue.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm - Flash Fire
212 HP, 40 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
-Torment
-Lava Plume / Fire Blast / Magma Storm
-Protect / Roar
-Toxic / Iron Defense

You've got plenty of options there, plus it can sponge nearly any special hits. Iron Defense is a useful gimmick, but I'd go with Toxic or Roar over it anyways. Lava Plume is probably his best attacking option, with that nice 30% burn rate, Torment because Torment is a *****, and then Protect for a turn of Leftovers healing or Roar to send a threat or wall away and rack up Spikes/SR damage.

If you wanted to go offensive...

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid - Flash Fire
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice) / Dragon Pulse
-Flame Charge / Magma Storm

This is a set I'm more familiar. Fire Blast is a powerful STAB attack, Earth Power hits opposing Heatran, Magnezone, etc., and Hidden Power (Ice) or Dragon Pulse is for Dragons. Flame Charge can be used to boost Speed and ease a sweep, or Magma Storm can be used to essentially OHKO Focus Sash Dugtrio as long as his Air Balloon is intact.

If you do decide to go support Jirachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful - Serene Grace
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Attack
-Body Slam / Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Protect / Fire Punch / Sandstorm

A great Wish / Status support and special wall set. Body Slam or Thunder Wave for parahax, and Iron Head for flinch spamming. Wish heals him or his teammates, and Protect can be used for a free turn of Wish healing, while Fire Punch hits things like Ferrothorn and Scizor hard. Sandstorm is an interesting 3rd option with the ability to cancel out potentially hazardous Rain or Sun.