• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

the stigma of playing pokemon as an adult...

FairGamer9215

Oh sorry for not being insightful. Sure I could have posted another generic 'I'm 28 and I play Pokemon but I hide it from workmates and my family and my pretend girlfriend and my goldfish' response. But I felt like providing something....different shall we say.

Look, you don't have to post stuff, y'know. You don't have to care about what we do. I post stuff because I like to, I like hearing what others have to say, and I like seeing other people's stories. Why so hostile? Why so brutal? Nobody ASKED you to become a part of this community.

And if you dislike talking about Pokemon so much, why the hell did you join these forums?

United

Look, you don't have to post stuff, y'know. You don't have to care about what we do. I post stuff because I like to, I like hearing what others have to say, and I like seeing other people's stories. Why so hostile? Why so brutal? Nobody ASKED you to become a part of this community.

And if you dislike talking about Pokemon so much, why the hell did you join these forums?

You like hearing about what eggs another person should hatch on a game? You like hearing about Cubone wearing his dead mothers skull on his head and you like even thinking that is somehow disturbing? You like being a walrus from Lavender Town?

And no, no-one asked me to be a member of this site. And I was actually told about this site by a member on another forum. I was intrigued as to what he told me so I registered.

And if you think this is hostile and brutal, you really have spent too much time in Johto and not enough time outside your house experiencing the day-to-day world.

FairGamer9215

You like hearing about what eggs another person should hatch on a game? You like hearing about Cubone wearing his dead mothers skull on his head and you like even thinking that is somehow disturbing? You like being a walrus from Lavender Town?

And no, no-one asked me to be a member of this site. And I was actually told about this site by a member on another forum. I was intrigued as to what he told me so I registered.

And if you think this is hostile and brutal, you really have spent too much time in Johto and not enough time outside your house experiencing the day-to-day world.

Yes, I have no idea how crappy the world is. I'm blissfully unaware of the plummeting economy, soaring unemployment, murders every day, etc. I am completely unaware of all of these things.

Its too bad no one as honest and smart as you can wake me up out of my lollipop and sugarplum world and realize that life absolutely sucks. No, I'm clueless.

Are you kidding me? Do you think I need telling that life is tough? That's the reason I do this stuff, (among other things like guitar, writing and friends) is to be unaware of all of it, to relieve myself of tragedy, to have a couple hours that don't feel full of sadness and disappointment.

I'm a Walrus from Lavender town, dammit, and I'm proud of it.

Last edited:
Yes, I have no idea how crappy the world is. I'm blissfully unaware of the plummeting economy, soaring unemployment, murders every day, etc. I am completely unaware of all of these things.

Its too bad no one as honest and smart as you can wake me up out of my lollipop and sugarplum world and realize that life absolutely sucks. No, I'm clueless.

Are you kidding me? Do you think I need telling that life is tough? That's the reason I do this stuff, (among other things like guitar, writing and friends) is to be unaware of all of it, to relieve myself of tragedy, to have a couple hours that don't feel full of sadness and disappointment.

Hey junior, shut up.

I don't think it matters what age you are when you play pokemon because it's a game that's not restricted to anyone.

Champion Jared 14

I'm 22 years old and in college and I don't think I have ever been picked on about playing Pokemon. I don't go around and advertise that I play the games, but if someone were to ask me, I wouldn't deny it. When I was younger almost everyone I knew was into Pokemon. I don't collect the cards, figures, plushies, etc. anymore, but I buy all the mainstream games (and I'm going to buy Pokemon+Nobunaga if it comes to America). I use to care what people thought of me, but I don't anymore. If I want to play a Pokemon game, I buy them with my money, and I am a grown man, capable of making my own decisions. It's nobody's business what I do or the games I play. I don't feel bad about playing the games and I will not have someone else try to make me feel bad about it. Ok.. rant over lol! Ya'll be proud of who you are and the things you like. That's what make you, YOU and what makes you unique. :)

Amen!! Agree with everything you said! Speak on it!!

United

It's more like are you kidding me? With a post like that, you should be on anti-depressants. Then again, I could understand that looking at the other stuff you supposedly do. Guitar - involves being on your own. In your case, probably playing either the Pokemon theme tune or a song about how much the world has turned to **** that you wrote yourself. Writing - involves being on your own. In your case, probably writing to a penpal in Tahiti who writes back in a foreign language but you don't care as that is someone who actually finds you relevant that is not in the Bulbasaur community. Friends - The cut-out of Officer Jenny does not count.

FairGamer9215

Hey junior, shut up.

I don't think it matters what age you are when you play pokemon because it's a game that's not restricted to anyone.

Yeah, you're right. I'm being childish. I'll let it go. I'm being a total hypocrit as well, trying to argue with someone when I hate it when people argue (not a drop of sarcasm in that, honest)

I also agree with the latter statement. Pokemon is a game for all ages, not just kids. I know plenty of people who can confirm that.

collapse

Banned
this next generation of adults is gonna be the best yet, everyone will have grown up with video games and the internet, and judging by fairgamer and united's war of words the b!tchiest [officer jenny cut out lol]

Last edited:

Falconx03

Legendary
That's awesome. As long as they keep making games, I'll keep playing Pokemon... hopefully when I'm 46 it'll still be around. :)

As for myself, I'm 19, and actually met a couple of people last year at university who play Pokemon, which really surprised me as I didn't know anybody like that in high school. But none of them are as serious about it as I am... I'm still waiting for someone to sit down beside me on the bus while I'm playing White with my Wailord earphones in and ask me "Hey! You play Pokemon? I do too!" Sigh. One can dream.

Hey! You play Pokemon? I do too!

Does that count?

FairGamer9215

Everyone knows that everybody who plays pokemon are fat ugly virgins! We have no life or friends, and only go outside if there is a Sakura-con convention nearby!

Last edited:

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
@Champion Jared 14, Lol thanks :)
I was in a mood yesterday and kinda went on a rant lol. I do believe all I said, but I didn't mean to type all that much lol. Anyway thanks.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm not afraid to tell people I play Pokémon. My whole family knows I still love it, despite Mom trying to get me to give it up for the past few years, so I figure that if the family knows it, then why can't everyone else? I go to a college filled with nerds, quite a good majority of them still play the games, so I'm able to fit in well.

And my desktop of Mewtwo and Mew pretty much scream to the people in the back that I'm a Pokémon fan. So yeah.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I am 19, and pokemon was never a problem for that matter. My family and close friends know I play it and don't seem to have a problem with it. If someone tries to mock me about it, I simply say "There aren't many things that bring me enjoyment, so i stick with those that do." They usually don't have a sarcastic comment after that.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I'm 21 and love playing pokemon games.:D
I'm also a girl.well not just a girl,a girly girl.i guess when people see me the last thing they think about is that i play pokemon but i'm ok with telling people about my pokemon side.:D

T100

T100
It's more like are you kidding me? With a post like that, you should be on anti-depressants. Then again, I could understand that looking at the other stuff you supposedly do. Guitar - involves being on your own. In your case, probably playing either the Pokemon theme tune or a song about how much the world has turned to **** that you wrote yourself. Writing - involves being on your own. In your case, probably writing to a penpal in Tahiti who writes back in a foreign language but you don't care as that is someone who actually finds you relevant that is not in the Bulbasaur community. Friends - The cut-out of Officer Jenny does not count.

I don't know why you are doing this, you are just being nasty to people for the sake of being nasty. How is playing pokemon any different to playing other video games or watching tv shows. If you don't like what we do with our spare time that's your problem, and you don't have to go and make those crude assumptions putting people down. Take a look at yourself, are you proud? Id rather play pokemon then go on a pokemon forum putting down people down for no reason or because you are bored. And what was that forum you heard about serebii on? Probably bloody 4chan or something. If this is an attempt to "troll" , you're pretty bad.

TL;DR fak off bro

pokechamp219

Scottish Octopuses:P
Yah.. um.. hey! Trolls that play portal 2 and mock me for playing Pokemon! *le holds up big sign that says:*

PORTAL 2 IS AN E RATED GAME!

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Yah.. um.. hey! Trolls that play portal 2 and mock me for playing Pokemon!

The rating really doesn't matter. Portal 2 and Pokemon are both amazing games. If people ridicule you for playing pokemon, you should pity them for refusing to get the full experience of the game.