• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Stolen Stones! (192)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing Team Rocket appear out of an actual rocket and then try to escape the scene on a bicycle made me giggle; that was one of their most random schemes in my view. I also cackled when that huge rock fell on Ash while he was in the pitfall trap, and Team Rocket's small dinner scene in the woods being interrupted was funny as well.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I've always liked Arcanine as a species, so I enjoyed seeing them here even tho the Fire Stone delivery plot was basically just filler material hee hee. Seeing Ash ride on Arcanine was a cool moment. :3

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, had this been an episode about Gary's Arcanine, I would've been happy. Instead we got the usual lame CotDs and a very predictable JLC filler.

Seeing Ash riding on Arcanine kind of made me wish he owned one himself + I liked seeing Fire Stones getting a big role in this episode too. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was bizarre how a gust of wind knocked the boulders loose at the start, but I suppose it was just a plot device to make Satoshi and friends meet Haruka, Yutaka, and their Windie. I liked when the Rocket-dan switched the Fire Stones with normal rocks, and how Takeshi's Iwark was used as a ramp by the Windie pack.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, I loved Team Rocket when they tried to escape and Ash thought the escape system would be something amazing, but it turned out to be a bicycle. And the holes actually came up more than twice and they actually worked every time.

ZilverLox

Banned
Good episode to show us Arcanine's speed which hadn't been focused on much before. When I saw the Fire Stones and how Ash had helped retrieve them from Team Rocket, I was hoping he'd be given one as a reward for his help.

DatsRight

A great 'not so harmless' episode for Team Rocket. Always love it when they plan ahead and have tons of plan Bs, forcing the twerps to use every method they got. The surprise pitfalls were hilarious.

Loved the soundtrack variation here too, even in the dub (love when the trio use Team Rocket's game theme). Also amused when Jessie started humming to the chase theme at one point.

Only major complaints may be Arcanine getting the Worf Effect a little (even if it worked for story purposes, and Wobbuffet's hasty Counter was pretty cool). Also wasn't big on Pikachu spending his capture just standing there feeling sorry for himself (they could have used that image for the Pokemon Monopoly jail square :p), I'm glad that later episodes nearly always show him trying to escape (and sometimes succeeding).

This was probobly team rocket's most strategec plan yet. I've got something to say that bugs me team rocket runs away after they clearly were defeated why does sh still make them blast off that's kind of mean.

They made more of a habit of this in the Advanced series. In terms of provocation it varied, sometimes TR had been relentless and despicable trying to beat down the twerps and steal their Pokemon. In others they got a lengthy post victory beatdown for some pitiful theft of some goods or berries or even just annoying someone at the wrong time.

In this case, the twerps had spent the entire episode being mercilessly trolled and beaten down by Team Rocket at every turn, I think Ash could be forgiven for being a little ticked off when they tried to escape scot free yet again.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
A great 'not so harmless' episode for Team Rocket. Always love it when they plan ahead and have tons of plan Bs, forcing the twerps to use every method they got. The surprise pitfalls were hilarious.

I also enjoyed seeing the Rocket-dan be so prepared to deal with the interference from Satoshi and the others for once, although it does beg the question of why we saw them be so competent and aware of Satoshi's meddling in a Jouto filler episode of all times.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. It's great to see Arcanine here, and they were extremely speedy. Team Rocket did good throughout the episode, but of course, as we all know, they'll never win. The battlefield that Ash and Jessie battled on must be tucked away hidden in the routes. Why would a battlefield be out there in the wild that gets almost no use?

DatsRight

I also enjoyed seeing the Rocket-dan be so prepared to deal with the interference from Satoshi and the others for once, although it does beg the question of why we saw them be so competent and aware of Satoshi's meddling in a Jouto filler episode of all times.

They did it again in an AG filler with Do I Hear A Ralts, where they randomly pulled off a really good battle against the twerps. There might be more examples but these two episodes tend to be considered TR's most formidable moments pre-BW.

The TRio did well no doubt, but it's sad how even when they put their effort into things they're still doomed to failure.

Truthfully it's more depressing in episodes they do something rather effortful and competent, but lose by some fluke or interference making it as ineffective as their usual harmless schemes. At least in this one they forced the twerps to sweat and earn a proper difficult win against them, so you could root for Ash since he wasn't getting an easy win.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Vipsoccermaster said:
The battlefield that Ash and Jessie battled on must be tucked away hidden in the routes. Why would a battlefield be out there in the wild that gets almost no use?

It's kind of funny since battlefields aren't needed in the wilderness, but perhaps that was an in-joke.

Daizy

I call you honey
Team Rocket had a decent wicked scheme in this episode and Jessie got a pretty successful battle with her Arbok going up against Ash's Pikachu and almost kinda winning. It was cool to see.

Weird how Arcanine didn't get its own focus episode in the Kanto saga but it did in Johto. I didn't really like the setting or the plot about the Fire Stones since it's not like the little misadventure benefited Ash or his two friends whatsoever. I did like Team Rocket's traps in this episode though because they worked more than the usually go which was very weird but refreshing.

Ash-Arcanine, the OG Bond Phenomenon

I wish Growlie was here so James could evolve him into a big strong Arcanine.