• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Story of Moon Land, Part 1: Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Thank you RaZoR LeAf for approving this :)

Welcome to the discussion thread for Moon Land! Here you can talk about anything pertaining to tips, advice, or ideas for the Rp. Any ways to improve the movement of the plot, or suggestions of any kind are welcome. However, there will be no random chat about the Rp. Just stuff concerning areas listed above.
This will also be the place where updates to the Rp will be posted, rather than in the sign up thread. So from now on, if you want to say something thats OOC or you want to update your character, post it here.

Many years ago, there had lived a small village. This village worshiped an all-powerful Moon Guardian, who was said to watch over their entire land. They all lived very peacefully, no disturbances or upset what so ever. It seemed that nothing could ever happen to make this village lose it peacefulness…. that is until one fateful day, when an evil king suddenly appeared from a distant land.
This king claimed that he was the most powerful being in the entire universe, and threatened to destroy everyone in the village if they did not obey his every whim, and serve him as their king. The villagers defiantly refused, and claimed that the almighty Moon Guardian will come from the moon, and stop the evil king. This alarmed the king, for he had never even heard of this “Moon Guardian”. But to the villager’s surprise, the Moon Guardian did not appear. The king was then infuriated at the thought of actually believing that someone was stronger than himself. He went on a terrible rampage, and started destroying everything in his path, just like he had told the villagers.

It was a terrible sight, as many of the villagers were violently killed in the king’s destruction. All of the villager’s hope was lost, and they lost their thought of the Moon Guardian ever coming to protect them. But then, a glimmer of hope came. Over the hillside, a shining light came down from the moon. There was a loud rumble, and then a figure appeared in the far distance. The villagers hope suddenly returned to them, for they knew what it was. It was the sacred Moon Guardian, who had come to protect the villagers.

The king caught sight of him, and couldn’t believe his eyes. He could literally feel the power emanating from him, and was suddenly trembling with fear. However, his desire to rule the land was just too much for him to give up. He challenged the Moon Guardian to a battle. The Moon Guardian disliked fighting, but he accepted his challenge in order to protect the villagers. They quickly engaged in a heated battle. The Moon Guardian easily had the king outmatched, and it seemed as though he had won, but then, out of nowhere, the king launched his trump card. It was an attack that drained all of the Moon Guardians power out of him. Once again, all hope had seemed lost. The king begun to head back to the village. Little did he know, the Moon Guardian had not been defeated. He pulled together his last reserves of strength and launched his final attack. He grabbed the king from behind, and then chanted a spell. The king was in shock, but before he could counter attack. The Moon Guardian said, “It is set! I am going to trap you forever in the moon! Imprisoned there you will be, as long as the spell is active! But be aware villagers, for in sealing the king in the moon, I will be destroying myself. Please, follow in my footsteps, and protect this land from evil!”

Then he lit up with a glowing light along with the king. They both formed into energy, and then shot up into the moon. From the moon came 10 shinning lights that shot in different directions, as well as another 3 different colored lights that shot apart from each other. It is said that those mysterious lights became the 10 spirit orbs, and the 3 celestial keys that were hidden away in the sacred shrines, and spread across the land. It is also said that these are the seals that hold the king to the moon, even to this day. If anyone were to break the seal, they say it will unleash the evil king from his moon prison. But no one ever wanted to set him free, for he would surely destroy the land. And even though the Moon Guardian was destroyed, he will always be remembered for saving the village now known as Moon City.

Present Day

It is a bright day in moon city. The city is known for its many advances in technology. It sure had grown from being a small little village. The city is located smack dab in the middle of all the divisions, which were like the "states" of the land. There are 9 divisions in all, and if one were to look at a map, the divisions would be lined up rows of 3. There are different names for each division, each based on a different color: Blue, dark, pink, brown, violet, green, indigo, orange, and white.Each divison has equeal terms with all the others, but each has their own laws and rules. Back to the topic of Moon City, the area outside the city is lush and green. There is a hill side just off to the side of Moon City, and it is said that it is the hill where the Moon Guardian and the evil king had fought.

The city also has a very powerful government-military facility called the Global Moon Federation, also known as the "GMF". This is the main government of the Light Division (Where Moon City is located) and most powerful of all the divisions. The other divisions do have other types of governments, but they just aren’t as powerful as the GMF. Workers at the GMF have many different jobs, but their overall goal is to protect their city and their entire land. However, there lately been a major shortage of members for the GMF,and their defenses are now low.

This is where the story starts for 15 brave teenagers (You guys :] ), who have been permitted to try and become a member of the GMF. These teenagers passed there application form requirements and all sorts of other requirments to even be allowed to try and become a member of the GMF. To become member they must first pass- "The GMF Exam Tourney", a battle tournament to see everyone’s skill in battle, and determine if they are suited to be a GMF member. Will these teenagers make it past the tough battles ahead? This...is where it begins.

Characters (Currently)
Dark Pulse: Jacob "The Shadow" Gravebaiter
gameboy350: Verios Kazarkhen
ZoruaBoo: Linda Dust
AZX612: Draco "Zero" Vash
FireTheAbsolLord: Vinh Ammonite
SuperMariofan64: Louis Koshe
deltakurumiru4: Sasori Knife
bobyjoe5000: Moltar Morter

Discussion thread is now- OPEN! :)

Last edited:

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
To start things off, i have this idea of doing individual sketches of each of the characters.
Then, i could post them here. It would give me a good idea of how the characters actually look if they were to be drawn, and if i have a wrong idea of how they looked, then the person who has that character could tell me. :)
What do ya think?

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Oh really? I didnt think of doing sprites....well im not really the best artist so if anyone else can draw people good just let me know.
And lucarioisawesome if you want to make them than thats fine. But if you said your bad at human sprites, how bad do you mean? Do ya have an example of one you can make? Cuz that be interesting to have actual sprites. X)

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
I can try to make one, but i havnt began masterd scratch spriting.
I can do trainer cosplay or recouler if that is usefull.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
I guess trainer recouler could work. But either a trainer recouler or a scratch sprite is fine.

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
OK im gonna do both then post it here for you guys to see, then vote which is better as sọon as my mom gets home with my laptop.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Lol, ok.
Thx :)

SuperMariofan64

<- Fabio Montorez
Character sketches and/or sprites sound like good ideas. I would offer to help but I'm no good at drawing people :/ sorry. I fully approve of character sketches/sprites though.

Last edited:

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Uhh.....sure i guess.
It will probably add some more interesting character development for the plot, so yah thats fine.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
The enemy? What eaxctly do u mean? Like who are you planning to create a love interest with your character?

lucarioisawesome

Who did this to me!
Isnt there gọing to be enemy?
I was thinking about the enemy pretends to be on our side then my charecter falls in love.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Well yeah, there are gonna be ALOT of enemy's and i mean ALOT. Dont want to spoil anything but-
Later in the Rp, there is gonna be an arc where a group of certain enemys penatrate Moon City. 2 of them are boys, and since your characters a girl, you could have a possible chance to create a love interest with one.

Sethstone Lataos

Legendary Dog Master
Back to the drawings, I totally approve of both sketches and sprites. I can't draw humans either, but I can at least draw dragons if that would help you all imagine Edwin's dragon form better.

AZX612

On my own here we go
I would offer to help with the drawings ans such, but I dont have a camera or a Scanner, and My laptop is busted (Beyond Repair) and the desktop has a crappy version of Microsoft Paint...

I think sketches would be better than sprites since sketches are easier to draw and your not limited to Pixels and pre-made colors...

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Yep, lucarioisawesome said he would try out both recouler and scratch spriting so.....Oh, and Sethstone if you want to draw your dragon form that thats fine too.
Any last minute ideas to get more sign ups? I have no idea other than just posting around.......if not than ill start up the tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.