• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Strangest Pokémon Sprite, that looks stranger than it does today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Venasaurs back sprite. You cant even tell its a Venusaur.

Meowth City

Staff member
Was anyone else freaked out by Koffing's sprite? I remember in one of the first gen game (I think it was Yellow) where the toxic symbol on Koffing's head was above its eyes when it should be underneath.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Haha that Koffing sprite was in R/B. It looked freaky! Koffing actually looked good in Green but everyone else... need I say more?

Last edited:

Cyndacute12

Psychic Master
i will have to say gastly's old sprite is diffrent then today, but Goldbat's is creepy!

Cyndacute12

Psychic Master
oh yeah and what about haunter, rhyhorn,and dratini?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Green's Hitmonchan is actually a togekiss feasting on a doduo
the gen 1 Pikachu was designed with a tail similar to raichu's and a white belly (thus tying the 2 more)
FEAR the green's Duck Snake Ekans
Wigglytuff's tripping balls in green too.

bootsa

I think the green sprites are the biggest nightmare-makers of the first generation. Although I will always and forever hate Charmeleon's back sprite in R/B.

I love how much better the sprites got in Pokemon Yellow. I'm guessing it was because of the anime being aired.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Pikachu was fat in the Old days, now it's thin.
And i remember Pikachu way differently, BW Pikachu doesn't look like Pikachu in Anime or previous games.

And Koffing, how did the skull change it's postion?

Cicero

I second the horror of Charizard's back sprite. It looks like a half-rotting zombie dragon D:

Mew_is_awesome

shiny hunter
Mewtwo looked like a beast in R/B/Y but it's getting worse in the newest versions. For me the worst sprites in R/B/Y were moltres, parasect and geodude

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Mew's sprite in Green. It looks like a malformed fetus.

acetrainerbob

has written:
koffing looks weird and how does mew look scary. in yellow, mew is squatting while staring at you. SCARY!

skinny spartan

The Silent Trainer
Gengar was the weirdest to see

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Spearow looks different

Status
Not open for further replies.