• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Strangest Pokémon Sprite, that looks stranger than it does today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Are you? You can't tell the colour and Golbat is basically a blood sucking machine.

xDWarrior

Pikachu had a MUCH thinner tail in Gen 1. He was also shorter and plumper. Kinda creepy TBH

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
Golem, it was a pokemon that was supposed to be comparable to a tank but he has the worst face EVER. He looks like he wants to give you a hug instead of wanting to crush you to death.

Last edited:

~*Scyther*~

i think that dragonite had a quite disturbing and awkward sprite in Red Blue and Yellow....

Shinies

<-- 200 Re's 11/2/12
The sprites are what make me really dislike the original games. G/S/C are fine but R/B/Y ughhhh

Charazemma

Pikachu used to look AWFUL. It was so rounded, kind of reminds me of Marril.

blackterminator3

Oh man when it comes to scary spirits, I can talk about Gengar, Cloyster, Venusaur, Gastly and Machamp. Those Pokemon gave me nightmares as a kid in Generation 1.

G50

No longer posting
Onix, Machamp and Pikachu's R/B/Y sprites really were the strangest looking to me. Especially in Yellow. Yellow's sprites to me had the strangest...

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Mewtwo was arguably the ugliest sprite the time. Dragonite, well..Didn't look like Dragonite.
And Blastoise actually took pride in his obese sprite...

pokeguy56

Pokemon Trainer N
R/B Golbat is just plain creepy, Green Zubat looks like it has eyes and Green Mew's head looks weird

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Eevee's sprite in Blue. It's not drastically different, but just to point out, the ears are shorter. Like a Meowth.
Um... Ivysaur's back sprite looks like the flower is a turban on its head.
Mew's back sprite has a pointy head. Like a third ear in the middle.
Charmeleon, in the back sprite, his horn is a different colour than the rest of his body.
But the award for weirdest goes to Kakuna. Kakuna has like, scythe-claw-things...

Status
Not open for further replies.