• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Strangest Pokémon Sprite, that looks stranger than it does today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarelle

Staff member

ashs pikachu

Call me Pika!
Squirtle's sprite is really strange in my opinion.
Golbat's is odd! o.o and Chansey seems too fat..
Gastly doesn't have his orb and Gengar is just odd...

Last edited:

richm88

shiny hunter
I have to say golem looked weird back then.he didnt look like he was made of stone.looked more like he made of bubbles

Pikachu's back sprite looks ugly in Red, Blue and Yellow. Not to mention his front sprite looked like a happy fat kid at Mcdonalds.

G50

No longer posting
Charmander's sprite looked really darker, a bit too dark than what it is now; to me anyway.

Spr_b_g1_078.png

I know this may not be odd, but I always thought Rapidashes back sprite was pretty bad ***.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Golbat's RBY sprite is kinda freaky, I mean just look at it. Sticking its drooly tongue out >_<

And exeggutor's RBY sprite has a derp face.

Yeah, Golbats sprite was always pretty creepy.

I always thought that Pidgeots sprite makes him look slightly like he was made of wood.

Haunters sprite always creeped me out, I mean it look at it. It looks might it attack you the second you turn away from it.

jm-9

Interestingly, all Generation 1 backsprites fit perfectly with Red and Green frontsprites, as backsprites are the same in all Gen 1 games.

KatieLegends

Freckles and Scarves
Golbat defiantly was a creepy sprite back in the R/B/Y days.

I always thought Mew was the weirdest sprite. It just look very deformed and disproportional. o_O

I agree with you on the Mew. What happened to him… Now, he… or it, is as cute as an baby kitten with big eyes. Back then he was an freaking mess!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.