• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Strangest Pokémon Sprite, that looks stranger than it does today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
I think that Moltres, Pinsir, Articuno, Venusasur, and Pidgeot all had a very strange sprite for Red, Green, and Blue. They all look so weird.

Moltres look's nothing like that at all
Pinsir has small eyes
Articuno just looks weird
Venusaur I can't even see what that is at all
Pidgeot's sprite only shows it's wing and a little of it's head

TeamGalacticMars

Saturn love
Venasaur! He looks really weird! XD

Zugh_25

I believe that Poliwrath is tied with Golbat for the overall most awkward to look at, although a friend recently pointed out to me that Jynx's old sprite looks ridiculously racist...

ZelionX

The Red/Blue Koffing was the worst. IMO the original Red/Green sprites were better than the Red/Blue sprites overall(Except for Charizard) but the Yellow sprites were a major improvement.

blackterminator3

mewtwo_rb.png
Also another thing, Mewtwo looks like he was high.

Jake76

If you want to see weird, go to Bulbapedia and look at the Pokemon Green Sprites...most of them are beyond bizarre. Venusaur, Charmander, and especially Charizard come to mind. I dunno what happened there.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Golbat and Zubat were the only REALLY strange ones.... Golbat's scares the crap out of me!

Cutty

Forever now

The bird trio, Golbat, Venusaur, they're aliens.

Haunter is really scary
And Ninetales is so sexy in the past.
Parasect looks like a Startrek ship.

Last edited:
Machop always weirded me out. It looks like it got ran over or something.

Dragonair2400

Your average trainer
Pidgey's sprite is frickin' scary. Those eyes....
You know which sprite I think they did a fantastic job on though? Meowth. Meowth's was great.

Dragonair2400

Your average trainer
Machop was super weird too. The thing that frustrated me was that they only had a few different overworld sprites. So I'd have a zubat and a drowzee and they both look exactly like a rhydon.

Status
Not open for further replies.