• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Strongest Dragon type

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyranitar90

UP THE IRONS
salamence is the best, dragonite looks stupid and fat. flygon is cool, stab eq is always ownage. latias and lations suck, cant even use flamethrower...

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
I like pretty much all dragons but Salamence is my fav.

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Salamence, mainly because of its deadly attack. And it's awesome movepool.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Rayquaza > Salamence any day. Dragonite is weaker than Salamence but is far cooler.

Richards22

leavers 2010
rayquaza is the best dragon type in the 3rd generation but salamence is pretty mad dog , it has beaten a few frontier brains .

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Stawise Rayquaza has the best stats, but pseudo wise...

Dragonite has the better attack stat
Salamence has a better ability and a tad better speed

Then there is...
Flygon has better type pairing but lower stats.

All up to the user and their intentions :p

And I will leave the chomp out as this is 3rd gen.

Last edited:

Richards22

leavers 2010
oh yeah i forgot about dragonite he's pretty strong i gave mine flamthrower, surf, thunderbolt and icebeam

but he's not from the 3rd generation

Last edited:

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
If legendaries apply in this question then its rayquaza. If it doesn't then its salamance

Jac1

Salamence has an incredible attack stat, so I'll have to go for him. Unless you count the legendaries, in which case I'd say rayquaza, even though I don't like him as much as salamence.
Dragonair just looks too cute to be powerful.
Oh, and in a head-to-head fight, salamence would easily beat dragonair thanks to his superior speed

Unless the said dragonair has ice beam, but that's just cheating.

marto_motoko

Steel Trainer
It'd be between Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza.

Dragon Psychic is NOTHING to scoff at, and bundle it up with their incredible move pool, Soul Dew, and we have ourselves some vicious little monsters.

Rayquaza is pure power, in both aspects.

Flamesword12

Here's my list about the strongest dragon type pokemon in Gen 3.
Legendary: Rayquaza
Non legendary: Salamence

Salamence. It has a really good movepool.

MasterMan

Without a doubt Salamence. Mixmence is really popular and effective against stall. My favorite dragon type would be Kingdra though.

Status
Not open for further replies.