• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Strongest Dragon type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugure Mukuhawk

Dusk Staraptor
Lets see it more clearly:

Weakness:
Bagon:2
Shelgon:2
Salamance:3 (IceX4)
Latios:5
Latias:5
Rayquaza:3 (IceX4)
Altaria:3 (IceX4)
Vibrava:2 (IceX4)
Flygon:2 (IceX4)

Resistant:
Bagon:4
Shelgon:4
Salamance:5
Latios:6
Latias:6
Rayquaza:5
Altaria:5
Vibrava:3
Flygon:3

Unaffected:
Bagon:0
Shelgon:0
Salamance:1
Latios:1
Latias:1
Rayquaza:1
Altaria:1
Vibrava:2
Flygon:2

Base HP:
Bagon:45
Shelgon:65
Salamance:95
Latios:80
Latias:80
Rayquaza:105
Altaria:75
Vibrava:50
Flygon:80

Base Attack:
Bagon:75
Shelgon:95
Salamance:135
Latios:90
Latias:80
Rayquaza:150
Altaria:70
Vibrava:70
Flygon:100

Base Defense:
Bagon:60
Shelgon:100
Salamance:80
Latios:80
Latias:90
Rayquaza:90
Altaria:90

Base SP.Attack:
Bagon:40
Shelgon:60
Salamance:110
Latios:130
Latias:110
Rayquaza:150
Altaria:70

Base SP.Defense:
Bagon:30
Shelgon:50
Salamance:80
Latios:110
Latias:130
Rayquaza:90
Altaria:105

Base Speed:
Bagon:50
Shelgon:50
Salamance:100
Latios:110
Latias:110
Rayquaza:95
Altaria:80
Vibrava:70
Flygon:100

Total Base Stats:
Bagon:300
Shelgon:420
Salamance:600
Latios:600
Latias:600
Rayquaza:680
Altaria:490
Vibrava:340
Flygon:520

By Count – Most Victories:
Bagon:1
Shelgon:2
Salamance:0 (For the one's of you who said that he is the strongest)
Latios:2
Latias:3
Rayquaza:4
Altaria:0
Vibrava:1
Flygon:1

AND THE WINNER IS : R~A~Y~Q~U~A~Z~A

Sprintking

Rayquaza, without a doubt, although there's a number of quality pokemon on that list.

Best dragon type. A noobish topic really, I see noobs at pokemon obsessing over Dragon types too much. I think that, even though dragon types are good, but I like normal types better. There's only one normal type I hate, and it's my least favorite of all pokemon- Arceus.

I would say Rayquaza (he is pretty much amazing). I do have a question though: what makes Garchamp so good? I've read that Garchamp was moved to the Uber tier and everyone thinks he's great, but I want to know why. What makes Garchamp better than Salamance?

Thanks to who ever answers

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
rayquaza he's an uber that should be enough proof

bug boy

I dunno guys, in 3rd generation I would be pressed to choose between dragonite and salamence

Dragon moves are special in 3rd generation, dragonites special defense is 100bp, and salamences strongest dragon move is dragon claw.

If dragonite survives the first hit and throws out an Outrage (which salamence does not learn in 3rd gen.), I would be hard pressed to believe salamence would survive, with a base 80 special defense.

It's pretty darn close if you ask me.

Salamance :D I love it so much! Not that it just looks cool, it have large move pool and a good status too! I still got use it in my Plat and HG...If included legendary, I'll choose Rayquaza^^

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
idk.... i try to avoid using dragons cuz there arnt a good veriety of them

KeshanAmare

The Dark Shadow
Rayquaza. After all, it is a legendary. And legendaries are tougher than normal/pseudo-legendaries.

Wormyzguy

I like flygon, not for any particular reason, but STAB earthquake and resistance to electric is pretty cool.

Pokemon Inc

We Are Pokemon!
Its really hard to choose which is the strongest because alot of them are legendaries and its not a really fair comparison. But if where talking non legendary dragons then Salamance

Pokemon Inc

We Are Pokemon!
Its really hard to choose which is the strongest because alot of them are legendaries and its not a really fair comparison. But if where talking non legendary dragons then Salamance

Noheart

The Abysswalker

Sky4

I love alot of dragon types but mines is salamence , i got a shiny salamence on my Pokemon Diamond : D

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Besides ubers, Salamence is the most powerful Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.